Teddy Buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LoL! Some of you guys...

Teddy is playing in the equivalent of the Slap Shot Federal League. His coach is probably a 22 yr. old female math tutor. Yes, Teddy is going to take every shot (and nobody cares); Yes, Teddy is going mix it up with the crowd (and nobody cares); Yes, Teddy is going to tell the refs to eat #### (and nobody cares)...

Teddy didn't act like this on the court at WSU. Teddy was held accountable. Teddy was a bit of a horror show off the court though which is not uncommon with young toughs from the hood.

People invoking the Holy name of Fred VanVleet. Yes, Fred is a winner but Fred came from similar situations as Teddy and had many tough experiences growing up. It took some strong guidance to keep him alive and out of jail. Fred was also willing to "get down" when necessary. Fred still had the street in him, he just kept it under control. Fred also did a lil' hustlin' while at WSU if I remember correctly.

The Shocker Piety Club makes me giggle. Each and every one of us would take K|uck-City's roster over the last 3 decades every day and twice on Sunday. We'd take the flashers, the knife wielders, the shoplifters... And we'd take the Natty, the Final Fours, and the near-constant #1 national ranking.

My name is C0|db|00ded and I like to troll, but every now and then I'm gonna keep it real.

T

Comment

• Still kinda miffed about WVU's no-return policy. I want my money back!
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• P.S. WVU got an entire season out of Teddy. He didn't put any finger guns to any ref's head. He just owned when he was on the court. So with that said two things happened: 1) WVU managed Teddy better than we did, or 2) Teddy got significantly worse upon arriving at the "urban nightmare" that is, Wichita, Kansas...

And just in case anybody forgot who Teddy Buckets was:

Sounds like a natural born killer.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Each and every one of us would take K|uck-City's roster over the last 3 decades every day and twice on Sunday. We'd take the flashers, the knife wielders, the shoplifters... And we'd take the Natty, the Final Fours, and the near-constant #1 national ranking.

T

Wrong. I wouldn't. But I've made that clear, just as you have made your position clear.

Comment

• This is past news. It’s time for sober Shocker fans to move on.

Comment

• I believe Teddy got his 1st technical very, very early in the game. His team was down 9 at half. They had just made a 3 to take an 8 point lead when Teddy got his 2nd T that got him kicked out and then got a 3rd as he walked by the ref. Sorry, but he was lazy on D, barely caught iron on 4 3s, but was a layup and FT machine. In the 1st half, he also knock the ball out of a player's hand who had gotten a traveling call and tossed the ball to the sideline that hit the opposing coach. For the season, he's shooting 30% from 3 with 30 shots taken in 3 1/2 games.

Show all the "highlights" you want Cold. They simply don't tell the whole story.

Comment

• Unfortunately I think we all know how this story will ultimately end. Hopefully that is not the case.

Comment

• Cold usually makes more sense than this

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Cold usually makes more sense than this
                    Not really...but we love him anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Not really...but we love him anyway.
                      No kidding. Back off the cold medicine Pin!

First it was Casey, now Teddy. *sigh*

T

Comment

• Teddy may have had a good Fr season at WVU, but I'm betting his scholarship wasn't renewed. Huggy isn't known for his ethics, so Teddy probably did something that even Huggy couldn't stomach. The waiver was opposed by Huggy probably as a way to stick it to Teddy a little harder.

I'm afraid Teddy is more likely to end up in a penitentiary than on a pro team. He was offered help with his problems at WSU, but he refused that help. Can't help those who won't be helped.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Cold, let's have another cold one...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Young people that are this lost are more frustrating to me than just about anything. It makes me so very, very sad.
                            plenty of people have it worse off than teddy and are able to cut the $hit and make it happen. excuses are just that.

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

plenty of people have it worse off than teddy and are able to cut the $hit and make it happen. excuses are just that.
                              That’s easy to say. Lots of people have a worse life than teddy but attachment disorders are real. To be clear, I am not diagnosing Teddy as having RAD or anything else, but to say someone needs to just cut the crap and pull themselves up by their bootstraps is throwing the baby out with the bath water. It’s highly likely there is something else at play here.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

That’s easy to say. Lots of people have a worse life than teddy but attachment disorders are real. To be clear, I am not diagnosing Teddy as having RAD or anything else, but to say someone needs to just cut the crap and pull themselves up by their bootstraps is throwing the baby out with the bath water. It’s highly likely there is something else at play here.

he’s gotta cut the antics and get help. i didn’t look into what discipline will follow this tirade, but i’m sure that his college can refer him to someone. hopefully they aren't enabling him.

he has to want it and excuses are just that.. excuses

Comment

Working...
                                X