No announcement yet.

Teddy Buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like the incident that seemed to be the final straw for Coach Marshall and ended Teddy's tenure as a Shocker, I have no idea what has transpired up North. Suffice to say though, that where there's smoke, there's fire, and, unfortunately, like others have pointed out, Teddy has a target on his back no matter what and there's probably a hint of truth to his actions. I genuinely feel for the young man and agree with Cold in terms of there is no way he is going to get the help he needs at a JUCO. It's a shame, he's a talented BB player but SHOCKvalue pointed out, he needs something other than basketball at this stage of his young life because no one plays basketball forever.

Meanwhile, I'm loving Taylor's article about Fred and Landry and the praise Marshall's program is getting from Doc Rivers.

Comment

• BTW what what was Teddy ejected from the game for? I don't think I have heard anything about that?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        BTW what what was Teddy ejected from the game for? I don't think I have heard anything about that?
        If you ask the guy on Twitter, it was for assault and battery when he kicked the other team right in the ass by dropping 30 on 'em.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

If you ask the guy on Twitter, it was for assault and battery when he kicked the other team right in the ass by dropping 30 on 'em.
          I shouldn't laugh but I did

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            Going from the Big12, to the AAC, to the Juco leagues will greatly increase his odds of failure. We were his last chance to make a serious change. Nobody cares what he does at his current level. I'm not saying it was our fault he didn't work out, but I don't think we took his "condition" as seriously as we could have. I'm the last person to make excuses for someone's behavior, but when it comes to Shocker basketball and Teddy's potential impact on the court for us... I'll make that excuse. You hire an entire team ranging from psychiatrists to colonics until you find the right mix that calms poor Teddy down. Then you release the beast when its game time! Hold him together with duct tape if you have to until his eligibility is finished. We don't get that many 5-star players coming through Wichita.

T

I understand where you're coming from, I just vehemently disagree. I don't think babysitting a player to that degree is valuable in the long run, no matter what their skills. I was the first to spit at Duke when they kept coddling Grayson Allen. Teddy would've required more oversight AND other players would've noted that you can get away with bad behavior, to a degree, if you're good enough. I don't want an Allan Iverson on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I think that was the next game. In the game in question he scored 17 I think. Of course, that may have been in the 1st 10 minutes. Not sure at what point in the game Teddy got booted.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think that was the next game. In the game in question he scored 17 I think. Of course, that may have been in the 1st 10 minutes. Not sure at what point in the game Teddy got booted.
                Awww, you're no fun.
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• While Teddy was here he had numerous violations of team rules that were not publicized and dealt with internally. Had he been granted the waiver and done the same things, he would have missed some games. Had he played here, Marshall's reputation for recruiting players with high character would have been tarnished forever.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Here's the video of the game in it's entirety. You have to fast forward through the women's game first. The incident where he gets ejected starts at about the 3 hour 53 minute mark. You can see throughout the game that the dudes with the megaphones are going after him hard. Teddy was making an a$$ of himself the whole time too. Even looked like he tried to trip another player and pointed and said something to someone in the crowd at one point (might have given the one finger salute). Hard to tell what he says to the ref and whether he was making the shooting gesture or just pointing. Either way, not a good look.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      Here's the video of the game in it's entirety. You have to fast forward through the women's game first. The incident where he gets ejected starts at about the 3 hour 53 minute mark. You can see throughout the game that the dudes with the megaphones are going after him hard. Teddy was making an a$$ of himself the whole time too. Even looked like he tried to trip another player and pointed and said something to someone in the crowd at one point (might have given the one finger salute). Hard to tell what he says to the ref and whether he was making the shooting gesture or just pointing. Either way, not a good look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUNZNv7oo7g
                      What is the matter with him? That's a blatant in your face to the ref...I'm actually impressed that the ref kept his composure....

Comment

Here's the video of the game in it's entirety. You have to fast forward through the women's game first. The incident where he gets ejected starts at about the 3 hour 53 minute mark. You can see throughout the game that the dudes with the megaphones are going after him hard. Teddy was making an a$$ of himself the whole time too. Even looked like he tried to trip another player and pointed and said something to someone in the crowd at one point (might have given the one finger salute). Hard to tell what he says to the ref and whether he was making the shooting gesture or just pointing. Either way, not a good look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUNZNv7oo7g
                        I dunno if it's just JUCO ball ... his entire body language on the court wouldn't fly here. Just loafing around the whole time. Never saw a shot he didn't like.

Comment

• So from what I could see Teddy got the first technical for something he said presumably to the ref that called the technical. Then when he walked past that same ref he did the finger pointing thing and I assume probably said something else but not sure about that. In any case, the ref rightly gave him a 2nd technical which resulted in his rejection. I really saw nothing to justify Teddy's behavior. Sure maybe someone was riding him from the crowd but he has to be able to rose above that an probably could have with his play. Interestingly, he team apparently played better after Teddy was ejected. I don't think his coach did Teddy any favors by letting him play in the next game. Probably should have sat him out for at least one game.

Not sure if it was quite as egregious as reported in the tweets (it may have been but I couldn't tell form the video) but I think 3G probably made the correct decision in cutting Teddy loose.

Comment

• If you look at it, I think he got the first tech for flashing the bird to someone in the crowd after his teammate made the 3 at the other end. Then the second one looks to be for walking by the ref and spouting off and pointing / fake shooting at him.

Comment

If you look at it, I think he got the first tech for flashing the bird to someone in the crowd after his teammate made the 3 at the other end. Then the second one looks to be for walking by the ref and spouting off and pointing / fake shooting at him.
                              Maybe he did. I could not tell if he flipped the bird or not. If he did why did the ref wait for him to jog all the way down to the other end of the court before giving him the T. Not that it makes much difference. Teddy has to have better self control than he showed and hard to see him surviving under 3G's demands and expectations.

Comment

• Hope he can beat his demons.

I hope he has someone to be there for him when basketball will finally be out of his life.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X