No announcement yet.

Teddy Buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll treat it as fact when the school issues an official statement.
    Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Why would a WSU BB player take “WSU BB” off of their twitter bio if they were still on the team?
      If I put WSU BB on my Twitter, does that mean I'm on the team?
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Awesome Sauce Malone
        Awesome Sauce Malone commented
        Editing a comment
        I removed my companies name on my facebook profile. Does that mean I quit?

• Maybe he just assumed he will no longer be on the team and was his way of letting the young woman and maybe even some friends that he realizes the consequences of the situation. Who knows.....
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

If I put WSU BB on my Twitter, does that mean I'm on the team?
        You’re right. Completely normal behavior.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• There certainly does not appear to be anything of substance to support the rumors that Teddy Allen has been dismissed from the team at this point. I guess we will see.

The alleged victim did issue a wrtten statement reported here: http://www.kake.com/story/40651659/w...violence-theft

The 23-year-old victim in the incident has provided KAKE News with a response to Thursday's incident, which resulted in the arrest of 21-year-old Teddy Allen.

The victim was in a previous relationship with the current Wichita State University men's basketball player. She said the keys have also been returned.

Her written response is as follows:

“The events that occurred early Thursday morning were a miscommunication. Alcohol was involved and we both made a series of poor decisions that led to even bigger poor decisions. I am not injured, battered, nor was I harmed. This is an unfortunate situation. I have no further comment on what I will do moving forward.”

What we don't know is whether or not 3G had given Teddy a list of expectations for his behaviour when he brought him in and what kind of tolerance, if any, would be allowed if Teddy failed to meet those expectations. At the very least 3G is no doubt not at all happy about this. OTOH Teddy is the kind of young man who apparently needs a lot of guidance and you kind of hate to just give up on him unless you think he is a lost cause. In any case, Teddy needs to be held accountable in a way that will make a big impression on him. If he does stay with the team I supsect going forward he will be operating under a zero tolerance policy.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 18, 2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Why would a WSU BB player take “WSU BB” off of their twitter bio if they were still on the team?
            To play devil's advocate, it could be as simple as HCGM requiring it as part of a punishment. Something like a "you don't get to represent WSU right now" type logic.

I certainly am closer to your stance than the thought that it's a nothing burger. Young folks are pretty intentional with stuff like that.

If you're listed as "in a relationship" on Facebook, and then hide your relationship status, it was for some purpose. It doesn't necessarily mean you are broken up, but you definitely didn't do it by accident.

Comment

• Awesome Sauce Malone
              Editing a comment
              You're not wrong. Its just funny to see so many people bent out of shape about it. If Facebook is any indicator (and we know what kind of shithole that place is) people are full blown melting down about this. I still had to come to work today tho.

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually, I thought the general atmosphere on here has been rather calm given the impact that many say Teddy is supposed to have on the team's performance this coming season. For myself, I've always looked at Teddy as a bonus to the team assuming things would work out for him here.

anxious-nervous-woman-wringing-handkerchief-in-her-hands.jpg
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• social media (fb, instagrams, and twitter is going to be the end of civilization. i cant believe that people share so much on it. the companies are there to sell advertising and more importantly mine data.. fb said recently that they won’t remove fake news..peeps bitchin and moaning about their so called great lives while on anti-depressants.

tw, only shockernet will save it.

Comment

• jazztrane
                jazztrane commented
                Editing a comment
                Could not agree more!!

• ShockingButTrue
                ShockingButTrue commented
                Editing a comment
                Hear, hear. Technology is making us dumber, and therefore, more dangerous.

I know, let's blame Trump!

• Awesome Sauce Malone
                Editing a comment
                I agree. We dont need people to be accountable for what they post. We just need to remove it so they cant post anything.

• (Insert new thing) is going to be the end of civilization.

Never heard that one before.

Comment

• Official. If you count KWCH as official.

Comment

• He gone

Comment

• I definitely think there was more going on behind the scenes.

Comment

• Nothing burger huh? I guess we're all snowflakes.

Comment

• Wichita State men’s basketball student-athlete Teddy Allen has been dismissed from the team, head Coach Gregg Marshall and Director of Athletics Darron Boatright announced.

Comment

• When you are helping someone more than they are helping themselves, time to move on.

All I’m going to say about that...good luck to him, hope he finds some direction and actually follows it.

Comment

Working...
                          X