X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOBB
    replied
    Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
    Interesting to compare the recently updated roster weights of the returning players (no update on the new guys) with the Rosenboom article from this summer regarding target weights.
    • Only three of the seven returners were close to or exceeded goals.
    • Dennis is the most surprising, losing 10 lbs despite a weight gain goal. Not sure how that translates to his time at the 4, if any.
    • With Burton, it's possible the weight gain -- after an aggressive weight loss goal -- indicates a change in approach. It may indicate he's going to see more time at forward positions this season.
    • Surprised to see Chandler's weight gain, which is 21 lbs away from his target, but I can tell you from seeing him that he's lost his baby fat and is cut up pretty good.
    • Echenique at 10 pounds lighter can be an all-league level player.
    Player 2018-19 Target 2019-20
    Dennis 208 212 198 (14)
    Echenique 258 255 248 (7)
    Burton 208 195 210 (17)
    Midtgaard 268 265 275 (10)
    Chandler 265 250 271 (21)
    Stevenson 210 200 202 (2)
    Udeze 254 NA but "less" 251
    I'm dubious that those listed weights are gospel

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Originally posted by wufan View Post
    It really does depend on Josephat, Isaiah, and DeAntoni. An ideal situation would have two of those three combining for 20 mpg this year.
    Yeah, but that is really optimistic

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    You'd never know Midtgaard put on weight. He is mobile and looks very good. Jamie looks fantastic. I would be stunned if we don't see those 2 on the court at the same time on more than just the odd occasion, but you never know until it happens.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Mitgaard, Chandler and Burton did not need to get heavier. This is not gonna help us.

Leave a comment:

• Wuzee
    replied
    Interesting to compare the recently updated roster weights of the returning players (no update on the new guys) with the Rosenboom article from this summer regarding target weights.
    • Only three of the seven returners were close to or exceeded goals.
    • Dennis is the most surprising, losing 10 lbs despite a weight gain goal. Not sure how that translates to his time at the 4, if any.
    • With Burton, it's possible the weight gain -- after an aggressive weight loss goal -- indicates a change in approach. It may indicate he's going to see more time at forward positions this season.
    • Surprised to see Chandler's weight gain, which is 21 lbs away from his target, but I can tell you from seeing him that he's lost his baby fat and is cut up pretty good.
    • Echenique at 10 pounds lighter can be an all-league level player.
    Player 2018-19 Target 2019-20
    Dennis 208 212 198 (14)
    Echenique 258 255 248 (7)
    Burton 208 195 210 (17)
    Midtgaard 268 265 275 (10)
    Chandler 265 250 271 (21)
    Stevenson 210 200 202 (2)
    Udeze 254 NA but "less" 251

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied
    It really does depend on Josephat, Isaiah, and DeAntoni. An ideal situation would have two of those three combining for 20 mpg this year.

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    commented on 's reply
    I could be misremembering, but I believe HCGM said TE had the most college ready body. Regardless of the quote or the minutes he plays, I am expecting big things from TE and GS sooner rather than later.

• Kung Wu
    replied
    If Dexter is playing the 4 for any reason other than coach messing about and trying something gimmicky, then our recruiting has been a failure or we have injuries worse than I care to fathom.

Leave a comment:

• TheShocktocles
    commented on 's reply
    I agree that the deciding factor will be who our top 7-8 defensive players. are. Defense travels.

• asiseeit
    replied
    I may have been the first on the board to suggest DD at the four especially when JB is at point and either TE or GS at the
    other guard spot and ES is at the small forward. All four probably play a little bigger and stronger than their size suggests
    and DD plays larger than his. I am hoping for a FAST athletic team that plays up tempo. Gordon may fit in well. If we
    need to play more half court offense we then play two bigs together and pound it inside. We are going to have the tools
    to play both ways. The deciding factor will be who our top 7-8 defensive players are.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply
    ... or seen a grown man naked?

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by pogo View Post
    That is a muscular young man
    Pogo, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    That is a storng looking freshman. Happy Birthday Ty!

DM.jpg

Spitting image...

Leave a comment:

• N Crestway
    replied
    Be interesting to see what Gordon looks like by October. Hoping for more muscle and a somewhat modified hair do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X