2019-20 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Guess who didn't make even an Honorable Mention in the Decade?
    ISU Red?

Comment

• 11 can't-miss men's basketball conference matchups to circle this winter - NCAA.COM

BY ANDY WITTRY
      JANUARY 3, 2020

"Other than a few exceptions like the Big 12-SEC Challenge, non-conference play is essentially over in the college basketball season. Until the 2020 NCAA tournament tips off, we'll almost exclusively watch games between teams in the same conference and we're here to highlight some of the best matchups in the next three months.

Here are 11 can't-miss games to watch in conference play....

Memphis at Wichita State, Thursday, Jan. 9
      The Tigers and Shockers are arguably the two best teams in the AAC and they'll meet twice in the regular season, starting with a matchup in the second week of January. Both teams have a top-20 defense based on efficiency and each team is building a considerable win streak. Memphis has won 10 games in a row, including a road game at Tennessee, a neutral-site game against N.C. State and at home against Ole Miss, while Wichita State has won six straight with wins over Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and VCU.

Kansas at West Virginia, Wednesday, Feb. 12
      Kansas has lost its road trip to West Virginia in five of the last six years and since historically the Big 12 has been the Jayhawks' conference to lose in the Bill Self era, this is the game to keep an eye on as Kansas' greatest opportunity to lose a conference game. This game shouldn't only be viewed from the Kansas perspective, either. West Virginia (11-1) is riding high after being Ohio State on a neutral court, adding to their resume that includes a road win at Pittsburgh and neutral-site wins over Northern Iowa and Wichita State. The Mountaineers are proving that last season, when they finished 15-21, was an outlier and West Virginia is likely back to its old form as an NCAA Tournament team that will challenge to win double-digit games in the Big 12.

Dayton at VCU, Tuesday, February 18
      VCU was the preseason pick to win the A-10 and if a revote was cast, Dayton would surely be the favorite after non-conference play. The Flyers are 11-2, ranked No. 20 in the AP poll and they have the No. 5 offense in the country, led by 6-9 sophomore Obi Toppin. The Rams are still the second-best team in the A-10, at least based upon efficiency margins, and their only losses came away from home against Purdue, Tennessee and Wichita State. Dayton and VCU will meet twice in the regular season, first in Dayton on Jan. 14, then in this matchup in mid-February...."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        Gregg will be on with Jim Rome here shortly
        "A handful more"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

"A handful more"
          I caught that too. Two handfuls would be even Better!

What a great ambassador we have in our coach!

Comment

• Anybody care to summarize the segment, or post a link to it?

Comment

• Comment

• https://kfh.radio.com/blogs/kfh-staf...-with-jim-rome here's the link

Comment

• Did anyone else hear 13th season and not realize it's been that dang long!?

Comment

• Maybe my memory is fading in my old age, but who was it he mentioned that had academic issues in the spring of 2018 discussion? I don't recall that.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      Maybe my memory is fading in my old age, but who was it he mentioned that had academic issues in the spring of 2018 discussion? I don't recall that.
                      Keyser

Comment

• On the eve of an imposing five-game stretch, Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall is full of the mixed emotions, which is how it works for coaches. Playing Mississippi, Memphis, at UConn, at Temple and Houston offers the potential for a range of drama and outcomes.

The challenge is intoxicating and the rewards are obvious. On the other hand, mixing in a Drake or Missouri State might not sound so bad.
                        "It's high-level, storied college basketball programs," Marshall said. "Home, away. Hartford Civic Center. Temple. Those are teams that have won national championships,

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post

Keyser
                          keyser-soze.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                            The challenge is intoxicating and the rewards are obvious. On the other hand, mixing in a Drake or Missouri State might not sound so bad.
                            Shots fired!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Shots fired!
                              /When you're in a state where there are only three Division I institutions, and the other two will not play for whatever reason, sometimes you have to get creative," Boatright said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Good lord the NCAA is stupid. If you're going to do something this dumb, then do the semi-sane thing and just create 6 buckets instead of 4.
                                Nailed it, dizzle. About the only possible rationale I can think of is that they're determined to stick with the term "quadrants," and they can't call six of something quadrants (sextants, maybe?) -- otherwise it's just kind of smoke and mirrors (which is actually a pretty good indication of how they seed anyway, so maybe that's it).

Comment

Working...
                                X