Penny's Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Anybody who thinks that the latest investigation in to cheating in College Basketball is slowing down the cheating and paying of players is completely naive. It will never stop. The schools who are cheating have been doing it forever and aren't going to just say "oh wow, they are serious now, we better stop.".
    Exactly.

Not when the penalties to be levied are levied by the N-C-A-A. Those teams have garnered the NCAA millions' in television contracts, up to and including One Shining Moment.

Comment

I know that we can all joke about how getting recruits = cheating and so forth and it's kinda funny and all. But at the same time it pisses me off when I hear that **** from the p5 conferences. As in 'how dare you guys get good players' they were supposed to go to our middle of the pack p5 school! Or they must be cheating to get that guy, meanwhile KU is paying a kid's dad to be an assistant coach. Then you got all the crap going on now with Adidas. While I get it on a funny haha level, the P5 guys don't mean it as a joke. They say it as an insult and resent it. They say it like its a joke, but they cant take jokes. Rib a KU fan sometime about KU in a negative light and tell me how that goes.

Im glad Memphis is pulling recruits. I hope it stays that way. I want national championship aspirations in the conference. If it pisses of the P5. Well thats just a bonus.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        Nailed it!

• Shocktoberfest
        Shocktoberfest commented
        Editing a comment
        Word!

I will just add this thought, and I’m not incriminating Penny until proven otherwise, but the school and the associated boosters at Memphis know how to cheat. It went on with Coach Cal and the boosters want to see a winner. A lot of times, it’s the boosters you have to worry about more than the coach. Some coaches are just better at turning a blind eye.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
        ShockingButTrue commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't leave out coack Kirk.

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Even John Wooden got the benefit of having Sam Gilbert on his side. Boosters can be a VERY big advantage.

• vbird53
        vbird53 commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly the reason Tubby was fired. He wouldn't play the games with the boosters, while running a clean program. Same deal at Kentucky (after winning a national title).

I'm on the Memphis bandwagon and want them to be Top-3 next year!!!!! I want to BEAT THEM as well!!! I want our Shockers to go to the NCAA Tourney!!! I want Memphis to go to the Final Four!!!! I also want Memphis to win a National Championship!!!!!

Then I want all the P-5's, CBS, ESPN and ESPECIALLY the Blue Bloods to cry a river and eat a big-fat s##t burger as they contemplate wtf just happened!!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

AAC a Major factor in CBB! Get used to it P-5
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Somebody mentioned two freshman 5 star guards to Kansas in the near future, one a little OAD narcissist with a greedy family. As of tonight the recruitment somewhat in question. Both will be out the door in a year even if they come so obviously not a sound addition longer term. Unfortunately, both Self and quasi blue blood KU are addicted to these types. Even if guards Devon Dotson and Quentin Grimes come back for one more year they will be out the door as well.

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
            Somebody mentioned two freshman 5 star guards to Kansas in the near future, one a little OAD narcissist with a greedy family. As of tonight the recruitment somewhat in question. Both will be out the door in a year even if they come so obviously not a sound addition longer term. Unfortunately, both Self and quasi blue blood KU are addicted to these types. Even if guards Devon Dotson and Quentin Grimes come back for one more year they will be out the door as well.
            No kidding. Those "types" have a distaste for doing the dirty work. Too busy looking for their shot.

When is the last time the Chickens had an E. Wessel type player? Hell, when is the last time a ku fan would even want an E. Wessel type player?

Being a Shocker makes you a little smarter doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

No kidding. Those "types" have a distaste for doing the dirty work. Too busy looking for their shot.

When is the last time the Chickens had an E. Wessel type player? Hell, when is the last time a ku fan would even want an E. Wessel type player?

Being a Shocker makes you a little smarter doesn't it?
              Several Shocker fans didn’t want an actual Evan Wessel.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Had to sadly agree with that....:)

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                  That 5 star guard decided to go play in New Zealand rather than play for Self and KU.

Comment

• WuShock16
                    WuShock16 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A) This is why I don't feel sorry for one-and-dones like Zion who get "exploited" by the NCAA. There are other options. Sure, playing overseas isn't as comfortable as playing college ball, but you get paid. If you want to play college ball, you know what you are signing up for.

B) I saw something that says that KU is probably still a Top 5 team. I suppose that Dok and Silvio still make the Beakers a formidable squad, but especially if Grimes and/or Dotson leave, I'm not seeing it. KU's recruiting this year was not very good in terms of acquiring the quality talent that they have usually had coming in.

• I am so glad the Hampton kid did what he did. The chickenhawk fans now hate him for not taking that free education for 1 year. LMAO. Fk them and their arrogance. He did the right thing. Take THAT MONEY. He had good grades and a good SAT score and he could have gone to college for 1 year and got hurt. ​​​​​​Then where would his potential be for pursuing his dream?

Zion is dam lucky he didn't get a major injury at Duke. And if he had got seriously hurt would Duke have paid him what he is worth? You know the answer. I hope Hampton move sets a trend for kids that do not want to go to college. I guessi it is ok for some college fans to think a guy can go to work for Frito Lay making minimum wage but not ok to go make millions pursuing your dream overseas. Go shocks.

Comment

• I don’t agree that the NCAA exploited Zion. ESPN or other media outlets probably did. The NBA should be able to sign them immediately but he had other options even w/o the NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Several do now. Probably (undoubtedly) many more than any Chicken fan ever would. Even after he lit them up. No?

Would you rather have a Zach Brown? Tell the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Several do now. Probably (undoubtedly) many more than any Chicken fan ever would. Even after he lit them up. No?

Would you rather have a Zach Brown? Tell the truth.
                        I would rather have Evan Wessel. He won 4 state championship in high school. 3 in basketball and 1 in football. That catch he made in football to win a game after switching to wide receiver at Heights in a semifinal game is the stuff that legends are made . At WSU he was not the most talented but did all the dirty work and was a great team player. Most importantly he did what it took to win. I will never forget the big shots he made against Northern Iowa and Kansas. Chicken hawk fans still refuse to acknowledge that game.

Comment

• Kids aren't getting paid right now by the schools, so they're gonna start looking elsewhere to fulfill their 1 year period.

Comment

Working...
                          X