No announcement yet.

Penny's Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They aren't going to lose to KU in the NCAA championship and vacate it all at a later date, are they?
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

That's a ot of high profile kids to keep happy. I'm sure they all feel like they should be starting right away. Where is the playing time going to come from? I foresee a large number of these kids hitting the portal in the next few years.

Comment

In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Sports Composite Rating.

Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

OOF. Looking at those rankings, did Cinci's class just totally implode with Cronin's departure? That sucks for them. Ugh.

Comment

Hard to tell what these rankings mean. Shockers #38, with two 4-star and three 3-star, but click on the down arrow and on "see all five" and all five are 3-stars.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Hard to tell what these rankings mean. Shockers #38, with two 4-star and three 3-star, but click on the down arrow and on "see all five" and all five are 3-stars.
              247 gave them all 3*. The composite has us with two 4* players.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                That's a ot of high profile kids to keep happy. I'm sure they all feel like they should be starting right away. Where is the playing time going to come from? I foresee a large number of these kids hitting the portal in the next few years.
                Gary Parrish hit on this - he said (paraphrasing) that is poison if Memphis kids are sitting on the bench.

Comment

Maybe. But I’d be ok if a Wichita kid was watching a 5 star crush it on the court for the Shox.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maybe you would be -- but Wichita isn't Memphis, certainly in terms of being a high-end recruit factory; and Shocker fans aren't Memphis fans.

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Your fear is misplaced, my feathered friend.
                  Hopefully.... My thinking isn't coming from a KU perspective, just personal opinion. Sometimes my pessimism does get the best of me.

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Hopefully.... My thinking isn't coming from a KU perspective, just personal opinion. Sometimes my pessimism does get the best of me.
                    How long have you been watching GGG's teams play? Could it be possible you're getting him confused with Turgeon? If so we understand the pessimism.

A Chicken fan's perspective ain't gonna change when it comes to the Shockers. Most Chicken fans will tell you WSU will never beat ku... "but it's really nice when all the teams in Kansas are good."

Comment

The AAC is going to get a lot of media coverage next year.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        The AAC is going to get a lot of media coverage next year.
                        It's got me wondering if it's beginning to rival the 'ole Valley of Death in the olden days from the 60's?????
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I predict we smoke Memphis in Wichita next year. And won’t Jeffries and Wiseman be in the league after that?

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                            I predict we smoke Memphis in Wichita next year. And won’t Jeffries and Wiseman be in the league after that?
                            Jeffries is probably a two year guy, but maybe not Precious.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Time will tell if Penny can coach all these good recruits to a big winning season. Congraulations to them. It's good for the league and I am looking forward to Memphis coming into Wichita next year to play my shocks. I am hoping for a big national win for our boys.

But the best move that Penny made for Memphis and this league is that they did not hire Larry Brown as an assistant. Can you imagine where Memphis would be if Larry Brown was on his staff? Yeah they would be in jail right now. Everybody knows that every school Brown has been at has been placed on probation. The chickenhawks are the only school that honors him like he is some kind of hero. That tells you about KU character. I love that quote from the writer that said SMU expected Jankovich to win like Larry did but without cheating. Now that's funny.

Go shocks let's beat Memphis.

Comment

Working...
                              X