2019-20 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post
    Maybe he's kidding in that bracket. While giving us a #2 seed, he gave Butler and San Diego St #1 seeds.
    San Diego State may get through the season undefeated. There are only 3 other teams in the MWC in the NET top 100. Utah State (73), Nevada (83) and New Mexico (86).

The Aztecs beat Utah State 77-68 on the road on Saturday.

Comment

• He also has Steven F Austin as an 8 seed. I’m not sure I can buy that one whether they deserve it or not.

Comment

• I've watched SDSU play and they are good but no way they are THAT good. Shox would work them over, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          I've watched SDSU play and they are good but no way they are THAT good. Shox would work them over, IMO.
          I haven't had a chance to see them much yet, but this is a real poor take from a WSU fan, IMO. They are 15-0, have 4 road wins, 3 neutral wins, 5 Q1 wins, 1 Q2 win and are generally blowing teams out. Maybe they will come back down to Earth, but you can't do much more than they have to prove it. If anything they are underrated by most of the pundits.

Erbody always want to throw shade that some undefeated team can't be THAT good. Better than being THAT good and losing games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

I haven't had a chance to see them much yet, but this is a real poor take from a WSU fan, IMO. They are 15-0, have 4 road wins, 3 neutral wins, 5 Q1 wins, 1 Q2 win and are generally blowing teams out. Maybe they will come back down to Earth, but you can't do much more than they have to prove it. If anything they are underrated by most of the pundits.

Erbody always want to throw shade that some undefeated team can't be THAT good. Better than being THAT good and losing games.
            Do you have to be under a certain age to use phrases like 'throw shade' ?

Comment

• I think very few are buying what Palm is selling. Ever since that weekend in Vegas a few years ago I for one have sworn off the stuff.
              • I'm very incredulous that he has us on the two line. Right now, I think anywhere from 4-6 seems about right. If things work out in our favor the rest of the season, I could see us realistically ending up as high as a 3.
              • SDSU may very well end up going undefeated. USU is top 3, maybe top 2, in road environment in the MWC. That SDSU got out of there with a win is a statement. With that said, it is extremely difficult to go undefeated in college basketball--I think most likely SDSU stubs its toe in conference, maybe twice. They've absolutely earned a one seed at this point in the season, and it's very likely they end up with at least a 3 seed. I know I don't want to play them.
              • More than most years in recent memory, this season is shaping up to be one where seeding won't matter too much in the tournament.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Where did I say they weren't good? Poor take?? Ok Clone. Rack him. I've seen them and you haven't even watched them on tv. You sound foolish when you say you haven't seen them yet accuse me of some "poor take".

My take is an educated one based on what I've actually seen. Yours is trollish.

Back to Mom's basement buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Where did I say they weren't good? Poor take?? Ok Clone. Rack him. I've seen them and you haven't even watched them on tv. You sound foolish when you say you haven't seen them yet accuse me of some "poor take".

My take is an educated one based on what I've actually seen. Yours is trollish.

Back to Mom's basement buddy.
                  Sorry @Cdizzle… I caint help meself. Here we are after a long Monday...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
                    Its early. Like, really, really early. We'll lose some games between today and Sunday in March. As balanced as all the teams are, I'm probably more anxious about matchups than actual seeding. This could be the year a 1 seed loses to a 16 (again) - maybe even two #1 seeds could get burned.
                    What if we don't lose any games between now and March 1st??

#2 seed!!??? Palm hates us!! We should bd a #1 seed. Screw the NCAA.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Shocke

What if we don't lose any games between now and March 1st??

#2 seed!!??? Palm hates us!! We should bd a #1 seed. Screw the NCAA. [/QUOTE]

I hear what your saying. And I totally agree. But if in March we had not lost any more games we would have earned a number 1 seed. And ranking us number 2 would be wrong. But as we sit here today, I don't know how this guy can now put the Shocks as a number 2 seed. And I love the shocks but we have not earned a number 2 seed as of today. And when you think of Jerry P unfair treatment of the shocks in the past, many of us have doubt about his current placement of the shocks as a number 2 seed. WTF I am sorry but it doesn't pass the smell test for me.

IMO it just seems so many national media people don't know what to say about the shocks today. Its as if, they did not expect the shocks to be this good so they don't know what to do. Some act like they like us, others think were a fraud because we have not beaten any good teams and a guy like JP ups and gives the shock a number 2 seed without any rhyme or reason. I hope our guys just focus on the upcoming game. All this seeding stuff will take care of itself in the future. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                        I thought we hated Jerry Palm and that he had some unreasonable bias against us, so I'm not sure why he's giving us a 2 seed.
                        Maybe it's a makeup call for several of his previous predictions all rolled into one. I think WSU is pretty good now and has a chance to be REALLY good this year, but I'll still be pleasantly surprised if they end up with a #2 seed. The American has some pitfalls to be navigated, starting the next couple of weeks.

Comment

• ESPN bracketology out today
                          WSU a 5 seed playing winner of Rutgers and Utah St in St. Louis

WVU a 3 seed
                          Memphis a 6 seed
                          Houston a 9 seed
                          VCU a 10 seed
                          OU a 11 seed
                          Loyola a 13 seed

OSU second first 4 out
                          UNI third next four out

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                            ESPN bracketology out today
                            WSU a 5 seed playing winner of Rutgers and Utah St in St. Louis

WVU a 3 seed
                            Memphis a 6 seed
                            Houston a 9 seed
                            VCU a 10 seed
                            OU a 11 seed
                            Loyola a 13 seed

OSU second first 4 out
                            UNI third next four out

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
                            I think people are still too high on OSU. They look to be going downhill fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

No surprise. Every time we spank a Big 12 team, they turn out to be crappy.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Yeap. But there first 2 games were against ranked teams. One on the road and the beatdown that they got last night from WVU. And WVU can make any team look weak. They are so dam physical. Maybe they can rebound when they play TCU, Kstate, OU, Texas, and Iowa State. I hope they rebound. I would like to see the shocks count beating OSU as a good win.

Comment

Working...
                                X