The Official 2019-20 Preseason Thread-Spring Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    shouldn't unnecessarily stir the pot. as for RT I think it will be HIS decision. JB's solid defensive
    play, size and strength gave him the advantage he needed to start. 2-3 newcomers will be added
    to the PG competition this fall and GM will likely give them opportunities early to play which will further
    limit RT's court time. what i'd really like to see is for DG to grow an inch and 20 Ibs, ES TWO inchs,
    and DD one. i've seen where some people think ES will grow 2-3 inches. I will keep repeating over
    and over again - our perimeter shooting will be better this coming season and the ball will move better.
    Do people get taller their sophomore year? I kind if thought that you got what you got by high school
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      Heck, I'm still waiting for that growth spurt.

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Even at my age, another inch or two would be what the doctor ordered.

• asiseeit
      asiseeit commented
      Editing a comment
      I did. I know it's wishful thinking but I remember reading that ES' parents were
      very tall and that some expected him to grow a little. Another twenty pounds for
      DG isn't that much out of the question but DD is probably maxed out.

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Do people get taller their sophomore year? I kind if thought that you got what you got by high school
    Sometimes there’s one more tiny growth spurt between 18 and 20...like a half inch to an inch.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• There is an abundance of comedy material available in this thread

Comment

• Ohhhhh, your height. Got it.

I'm a tad slow.

Comment

• What you really need to be concerned about is shrinkage:

Comment

• wufan
            wufan commented
            Editing a comment
            They measured Erik right after he finished doing laps in the pool. That’s gotta be it!

• Verbal Commits@VerbalCommits 56m56 minutes ago More
          • Copy link to Tweet
          • Embed Tweet

Wichita State G Ricky Torres (JR) is leaving the program.

Comment

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            Where ever he goes, I wish him the best and hope he finds his 3pt shot. A good guy and good teammate. I'll remember his inbound pass to DD for the win and how important that was to the balance of the season. Ricky, once a Shocker, always a Shocker.

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            “That was quick.”

That’s what she said...

• Topshock
            Topshock commented
            Editing a comment
            WstateU commented
            20 hours ago
            Even at my age, another inch or two would be what the doctor ordered.

• Hopefully his transfer is more about more opportunity elsewhere. Feel sad nevertheless...wish it could have worked out here.
          Last edited by N Crestway; April 11, 2019, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• Shockm
            Shockm commented
            Editing a comment
            Playing behind a Sophomore during your Senior season isn't the best thing for most players. He would also have to compete for minutes from other Freshmen. While he has more experience than them, they may be more talented, and better shooters. Appears to be a sound decision for Ricky. I wish him well.

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          I believe 3G may have dropped a nugget in his coaches show when he was talking about the Daishon Smith transfer. He spoke about how Daishon was gonna play his senior year behind a sophomore (Shamet) and he was able to leave, sit out a year to get better and then had a a great senior year that will springboard into a professional contract somewhere. He was really proud how Daishon used a bad situation and turned it into a positive. Foreshadowing for Torres? He could certainly use a year off to get better/stronger and play in a system better suited for his skills, especially if he has any aspiration of trying to turn it into a career.
          ^Nailed it!

Well done Dan. I have to admit I didn't see this one coming but it certainly clears a scholly for one of the two who are on officials this weekend. I'm bummed it didn't work out for this young man. He's had a really hard road but has persevered so I wish him nothing but the best as he starts his next chapter. Even with waning fan support (especially here), the kid kept his head up and stayed classy. Gregg brings in young men that have tremendous character.

Comment

• Well, we went up to 41st with Ricky Torres transferring. Now if we can get Sherfield

Comment

• "What you really need to be concerned about is shrinkage:"
              ".like a half inch to an inch."
              "Even at my age, another inch or two would be what the doctor ordered"
              "That's what she said."
              "I'm bummed it didn't work out"
              "the kid kept his head up"

See what happens when you take things out of context and read (and then post quotes) between the lines. WHAT THE HECK ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HERE! :angel:

Gonna be a LONG one - the offseason I mean.

Comment

• Comment

• ShockTalk
                  ShockTalk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Interesting that he has Allen and Gordon at the 3 while listing Dennis as a 4. That's a pretty light-weight 4 and he'd be learning a new position.

• Steeleshocker
                  Steeleshocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A transfer and a redshirt would break up that logjam in the sophomore class to something more manageable

• Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                  Before you say, "Great, we would get the SEC scraps," these were the teams that weren't involved this past season:

LSU (16 final NET)
                  Mississippi State (21)
                  Missouri (74)
                  Georgia (115)

A couple of "mehs" in there but also a couple of teams who turned out to be really good.
                  78-65

Comment

• I feel bad that things did not work out for Ricky at Wichita State, He has such a great back story you can't help but root for him to be successful. I hope he lands at a place where he can and will blossom and I hope he gets his college degree. Good luck young man.,

Comment

• IMG_20190411_145736.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X