No announcement yet.

2019 NIT Final Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teddy is with the team in NYC, saw him in one of the Facebook pics. Glad to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Teddy is with the team in NYC, saw him in one of the Facebook pics. Glad to see this.
      Public Service Announcement . . .

Believe nothing you read on the board today! Assume the opposite is true.

Just kidding . . .

Or am I?

Comment

Yup, i noticed that too. Was glad to see it, good bonding trip for the team.

Comment

Didn't you all see the news, Teddy is now eligible. We are now 4.5 point favorites. Get your money out boys and girls!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Didn't you all see the news, Teddy is now eligible. We are now 4.5 point favorites. Get your money out boys and girls!
            Well, there's still potentially a P5 matchup, so he was deemed eligible ONLY for this game, and will be required to take it, burning a year of eligibility.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Of course Mathews of Lipscomb chooses the finals to go cold... So far that is

Comment

• Shock Top
                Shock Top commented
                Editing a comment
                Was literally going to post the same thing.

0-7 so far.

this whippin don't make us look good

Comment

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                Who cares?

They are in same spot they were against us... Let's see if Texas blows the lead or wins

Comment

Unlike our point guard... Texas made crucial plays needed to put someone away... speaking for a friend

Comment

Good news is, Texas won’t fire Shaka now!
                  The Assman

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    From my point of view, that's good news -- wonder whether the handful of Longhorn hoops fans agree? If I were Shaka, and I could actually get the UCLA job, I'd take it in a flash. Always good to move on before you're sent packing, especially if you can get big bucks to do so. Sometimes -- see, for example, McDermott escaping Iowa State for Creighton -- it even works out.

Originally posted by choida View Post
                  Unlike our point guard... Texas made crucial plays needed to put someone away... speaking for a friend
                  Right. And there perimeter players are more experienced, they hit the open shots and they had a 6"7 kid that could actually guard Matthews . Still that Matthews kid he can shoot and plays with some mojo. I like him.The other thing Texas did is that they continued to attack inside with their bigs. Still very proud with what the Shocks did this year.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good point about attacking inside, Shocktocles.

When WSU was up 11 with eight minutes left and in command, there were three straight quick outside shots, all in the first half of the shot clock, from mediocre to poor outside shooters -- (a three from McDuffie, a two and a three from SHJ) without trying to pound it inside. Yes, they were open, but that didn't necessarily mean they were good shots for those guys at that time -- and the next thing you know, the game was sliding toward the edge of the cliff.

Of course, the slide was more visible afterwards than in that minute and a half of court time, especially considering that the Lips didn't score themselves until after the third empty WSU possession (when SHJ missed the transition three following Stevenson's steal). So it would have required some major clairvoyance to call a timeout there and redirect WSU's focus, and probably no coach this side of SN's top assistant in charge of hindsight (hello, Ref) would actually have done it in real life, however uneasily some of us were remembering the Marshall debacle in last year's NCAA. But maybe Texas saw what happened Tuesday night and took the hint, and if so they were rewarded.

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    WSUwatcher , you don't always have to call a time out to get a message across to your team on the floor.

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  this whippin don't make us look good
                  Who won?

Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• choida
                    choida commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not us

One thought that I have is that the final 6 minutes of the Lipscomb game was a hard lesson for some of the freshmen on this team...maybe burned into the brains of Burton, Dennis, and Stevenson. Hopefully a positive down the road.

Comment

I had a feeling Lipscomb would blow their load against us and get blown out by Texas. Figures.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                      One thought that I have is that the final 6 minutes of the Lipscomb game was a hard lesson for some of the freshmen on this team...maybe burned into the brains of Burton, Dennis, and Stevenson. Hopefully a positive down the road.
                      From Social media posts ... ALL of those guys were back in the gym the next day.

Comment

Working...
                      X