2019 NIT Final Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 NIT Final Four

ESPN left the air on our game saying we'd play the winner of Creighton-TCU, but they just said on the Creighton-TCU broadcast that that winner would play the wonner of the Colorado game. Can ESPN get anything right, consistently, on this tournament?
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• jdmee
      jdmee commented
      Editing a comment
      I am just glad they didn't cut away from our game for some softball game.

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    Apparently not. At the end of the game when they listed the WSU scores they had the Furman game 76-60 instead of 76-70. Congrats on the win. May as well win it all now. Go Shockers!! Go Paladins! At least we played you the closest unless of course you listen to ESPN, LOL. I said before the NIT started that you guys were under seeded at 6. I was right.
    Last edited by smcalis23; March 26, 2019, 08:18 PM.

Comment

I kinda like this TCU floor. At least a hell of a lot better than that ugly Oregon floor.

Comment

I’m rooting for Creighton. That’s who I want to play if we make it to the championship game.

Comment

• Walker
          Walker commented
          Editing a comment
          I was too as vomit inducing as it was. It felt like destiny was setting this up perfectly for us beating them down in the championship and they just had to lose tonight.

The wife and I are going to go to this, and ideas of where to look for wsu fan package

Comment

• WuShock16
          WuShock16 commented
          Editing a comment
          Alumni Association just put on social media that there won’t be a plane, so go ahead and figure out your own flight plans.

Congrats to you guys on the win. You guys definitely looked like the better team. Marshall is a great coach. I cant believe IU didnt pursue him 2 years ago. You guys have better shooters and guards than we do and it was a big difference. Good luck in NYC and I hope you guys win the tournament.

Comment

• choida
          choida commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm sure they pursued...

Shouldn't be too hard of a commute to MSG for Fernandes and Etienne.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Baring a collapse. RIP CU. So sad, we won't have a chance to beat you.

Comment

SHOXAAC Breaking News:
            The Wichita State Wheat Shockers are 8-0 in their last 8 NIT games...an NCAA record (according to the crack staff at the SHOXAAC Analytical Statistic Bureau).

Comment

Memory Lane reminds me that we registered all Wins in the last NIT, right down the Hatch who was awarded the MVP. Stutz came through in the Clutch. Then we Dance 7 Seasons in a row. Start out 1-6, beat UCF who should have beat Duke. Now the Shocks are still smokin hot and the best is yet to come. This young team gets it now and is applying Marshall Law. Soon, we will have more stories than the Empire State Building about these Shocks right here on SN.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Additional SHOXAAC Breaking News:
                Coach Gregg Marshall has taken the Wichita State Wheat Shockers to 3 NCAA post-season final fours since 2011. Only John Calipari (Kentucky) has been to more (4).

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                  SHOXAAC Breaking News:
                  The Wichita State Wheat Shockers are 8-0 in their last 8 NIT games...an NCAA record (according to the crack staff at the SHOXAAC Analytical Statistic Bureau).
                  Question for the Statistical Bureau:

Based on your stats, I assume there has never been a team to win back to back titles in consecutive appearances?
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Question for the Statistical Bureau:

Based on your stats, I assume there has never been a team to win back to back titles in consecutive appearances?
                    St. John's has actually won 6 NIT's. They did go B-2-B in the 1940's when the NIT was "THE" post-season basketball tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                      SHOXAAC Breaking News:
                      Six Blue Moons have proven to be the kryptonite of statistical accuracy. We need 2 more wins to tie Penn State for the most consecutive NIT wins (PSU won the tourney in 2009 & 2018 without an appearance in between).

Comment

Working...
                      X