X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vbird53
    The way they see it...

UAB's Scouting Report for WSU
    Does every school go ahead and put that online? That's the first one I've ever seen like that.

Comment

Their record:

Sat, Nov 10 at Georgia St. W 86-63 -- --
      Tue, Nov 13 Stetson W 86-49 -- --
      Fri, Nov 16 at Florida St. LL 70-78 -- --
      Sat, Nov 17 at Georgia Southern L 57-59 -- --
      Sun, Nov 18 at Rhode Island L 69-74 -- --
      Wed, Nov 21 Eastern Kentucky W 64-50 -- --
      Sat, Nov 24 Jacksonville W 84-72 -- --
      Tue, Nov 27 at LA Lafayette W 78-72 -- --
      Sat, Dec 1 Cincinnati W 73-54 -- --
      Tue, Dec 4 Alabama A&M W 91-48 -- --
      Sat, Dec 8 at South Florida L 58-68 -- --
      Sat, Dec 15 at Kentucky W 79-76 -- --

They seem to be coming together as a team (sound familiar). Aaron Johnson, a freshman PG has taken over the last 7 games which resulted in 6 wins out of the 7. Vaden is the hotshot, but shoots better from the 3 than the 42% he does from inside the line.

Kentucky is the only impressive win above, and after watching Houston/Kentucky game, if you take Meeks out of the game for Kentucky, they are very beatable, as Houston found out.

In fact, this is shaping up much like the Houston/Kentucky game with us being Houston and UAB being the touted Kentucky. If we take Vaden out of the game (PJ, Preadom, etc), and our frontcourt plays like it did against LSU, this is a very winnable game for us.

I have never used Shockervision, where is it?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
        Originally posted by vbird53
        The way they see it...

UAB's Scouting Report for WSU
        Does every school go ahead and put that online? That's the first one I've ever seen like that.
        If their site is run through cstv, then the scouting report will most likely be put online. All schools, from my knowledge, develop a scouting report similar to this for use by the media. I don't know why WSU doesn't post their's. I know they create one, almost exactly like this one for each opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
          I have never used Shockervision, where is it?
          It can be found at goshockers.com. It costs about $80.00 per school year, or $12/month. And as we found out against LSU, the University reserves the right to not show particular games. I'm still mad about that.

:rant: :-x :rant: :-x :rant: :-x

Comment

In all of their wins, they shot over 50% from the field – sometimes way over 50%. With the exception of the FSU loss they averaged about 35% from the field in defeat – but most of those losses were a while ago. They were burning up the nets until they played at USF and then picked it up again against UK. Good three point percentage too. The stats, to me, show a team that is improving and really starting to jell. However, they do average around 15 TOs (although they had a season low 9 against UK) and seem to be average rebounders.

This will be a big test for WSU. I say mix up the defenses (I don't think relying on a zone this time will work) and try to confuse UAB – and play ball denial with Vaden.

Comment

I'm sensing a box-n-1 on Vaden.

Comment

Vaden's going to get his points. Play solid defense on him, but clamp down on everyone else and don't let one of this teammates go for 20.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

I say give Ellis the assignment – he stepped up last time and played solid. Give the kid a real challenge. I would rather have Ellis on him to start so PJ doesn't get any cheap early fouls.

Comment

I honestly don't know what to think about the game. Which Shocker team will show up? If I had that answer, I'd have a better feel for the game. Will it be the hustling group we saw the other night, or will it be the other?

Either way, like most, I'm rooting for the win until the game is over, not a minute, 30 or even 5 seconds earlier.

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:

Comment

I'm sure their effort will be there initially. They were rewarded greatly for their effort against LSU, because LSU barely fought back. When UAB does fight back, will we be able to maintain that effort for the entire game?

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me
                        I'm sure their effort will be there initially. They were rewarded greatly for their effort against LSU, because LSU barely fought back. When UAB does fight back, will we be able to maintain that effort for the entire game?
                        That is the big question. I guess we will see how mentally tough this team is on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me
                          You are absolutely right. It was important for the guys to see that the hard work mantra that Marshall has been preaching can produce a win like the LSU one, but now that we have shown that we can play a game the way Marshall wants it played, we need to show that we can do so consistently and against top competition.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask about the quality of the shockervision broadcast. Is it worth the $7?

As far as the game goes, I think this is a toss up. Up until the Kentucky game we had really struggled on the road, but I think we are turning the corner. We're also hoping to get a 6" 10" center back that hasn't played this year because of grades. Should know about him late this afternoon. What style of basketball do yall run?

Comment

Originally posted by blazerfan0612
                              Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask about the quality of the shockervision broadcast. Is it worth the $7?

As far as the game goes, I think this is a toss up. Up until the Kentucky game we had really struggled on the road, but I think we are turning the corner. We're also hoping to get a 6" 10" center back that hasn't played this year because of grades. Should know about him late this afternoon. What style of basketball do yall run?
                              I have never watched Shockervision so I don't know if it is worth the money.

Style of basketball? Difficult to say right now, I think WSU is in a bit of a transition period. I think people kind of have an idea of what Marshall wants to do but the question is whether the team can execute on a consistent basis. The team has a couple very bad games followed by a good effort against LSU.

It looks to me like your team is coming around nicely. Personally, I think UAB is farther along in obtaining an "identity" so to speak than WSU. It should be a fun game though.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerfan0612
                                ShockerVision is simply the live feed from the Arena's Jumbotron, coupled with the broadcast done by our radio team. They sinc the two together, so they're happening at the same speed.

As for the quality...well, it lacks a little bit. The camera angles are off some of the time, and the replays take forever, meaning you'll miss a lot of the transition game.

However, for a game that will not be broadcast on TV, it's the next best thing, and for Shocker fans like me, it's the only way I get to see many of the games.

Basically, it all depends on if you'd like to be hunched over your computer for 2+ hours, or if you'd like to put it on the radio, and listen to it for free.

Comment

Working...
                                X