Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blazerfan0612
    Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask about the quality of the shockervision broadcast. Is it worth the $7?

As far as the game goes, I think this is a toss up. Up until the Kentucky game we had really struggled on the road, but I think we are turning the corner. We're also hoping to get a 6" 10" center back that hasn't played this year because of grades. Should know about him late this afternoon. What style of basketball do yall run?
    In spite of our lack of height, defense and rebounding are the core of this team. We like to throw in some presses to force turnovers and get transition baskets, but that does not mean we always want to push the tempo. We are perfectly willing to use the press to force time off the shot clock and run shot clock on our possessions if nothing is open.

We run a motion offense, and we tore apart LSU inside, but our 3 point shooting the last 3 games has been worse than awful. We have some guys that are capable of hitting 3's at a high percentage, but until they break out of this funk, I don't think any of us are counting on that being a strong point for us.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

I noticed Reggie Huffman on their roster. Didn't we recruit him?

Comment

i love mike davis.
          i'm glad we could have him come to Koch.

with that said...

i'm glad that we WILL take a win from him.

Shockers 67
          Blazers 61

Vader... er... Vaden gets a mere 14.

PJ gets a double double.
          Durley continues to show the world he's the freakin man.
          Phil might struggle.
          Gal has turnover problems.
          UAB leaves thinkin, "wow, what a fanbase, we just got beat by the beest team we've played this year."

I'm done.
          veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
            Originally posted by vbird53
            The way they see it...

UAB's Scouting Report for WSU
            Does every school go ahead and put that online? That's the first one I've ever seen like that.
            I have seen Match Notes for the Volleyball Matches. For example:

The do contain a lot of good info. Not sure I can remember seeing them for any of the other sports. In fact, the VB match notes are basically a Match Program.

In the case of Basketball my guess is they don't put this online, because it would eat into the sale of programs at the games.

Comment

WSU 77---UAB 74. When our Shockers come to play 40 solid minutes at the House Of Shock----nobody but NObody beats us!!!!!!! We lost a couple we should NOT have , now we shock :shock: another very good team!!!!!!! However, this UAB team will be harder to beat than LSU, but we do so in a nail-biter!!!!!!! MG nails a 3 at the buzzer to seal the deal!!!!!!!
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

From their board, their 6'10" forward J. Mayfield has got his academics squared away and is flying to Wichita to meet up with the team to play.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                  From their board, their 6'10" forward J. Mayfield has got his academics squared away and is flying to Wichita to meet up with the team to play.
                  Thanks KC! That's the best news I've heard all day! We want them playing with their very best... then there's no excuses if we beat them.
                  :good:
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That's ok. As I recall LSU went 6'11", 6'10" and a 6'9" kid off the bench so it's not like we havent played against tall athletic bigs before.

It appears that after Vaden at 20 pts/game it drops of scoring wise to a 6'7 wing named Reggie Huffman who scores right at 10 pts/game.

Someone's going to have to stay on Vanden wherever he goes - the bench, to the locker room, the parking lot, stay on him!

Shock by 4 67 - 63.

Comment

Originally posted by notquiteBWing
                      Vader... er... Vaden gets a mere 14..
                      Wouldn't it be cool if our band busts out with the Star Wars "Imperial March"...

Duh, Duh, Duh-Duh, Duh, Duh-Duh, Duh-Duh, Duh-Duh

Comment

a tidbit from Parrish's look ahead:

Player trying to keep rolling: Robert Vaden went bananas last time out, dropped 33 points and led UAB to a win over Kentucky. That was huge. But the Indiana transfer might have to be even bigger Saturday when the Blazers play at Wichita State because it's possible Wichita State is better than Kentucky, at least this season.

Comment

Does any one know what uniforms the Shockers will be wearing tonite?

Comment

I doubt that Mayfield will be landing at the ICT airport today.

Comment

Im nervous, wish game time would get here. :goshocks: 8) 8)
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Let's go Shocks! :good:

Comment

Working...
                                X