No announcement yet.

Coaching Changes 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All of the high-profile jobs have now been filled after St. John’s decided to go with an outside-the-box hire of Mike Anderson. That means we can finally give out awards: The best hire, the worst, …

good read

Comment

• Jeff *******Verified account@GoodmanHoops 5h5 hours ago
      • Copy link to Tweet
      • Embed Tweet

Lipscomb expected to hire Alabama Huntsville coach Lennie Acuff, source told @Stadium.

Comment

• Beilein to the Cavs. Michigan is now open.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• I’ll feel when the new non-Marshall candidates are named. Give Coach a raise.

Comment

• i want coach’s name to always be brought up. its relevancy and demand. should he move on, a handshake and a thank you are in order. we know that he left us in a much better position and the donors have proven that this is a top 25 job in facilities and compensation. my worry meter is at a 0.

its no different than me leaving one company for another.. it may be for more pay, a different challenge, or a change in interest/geography.

Comment

• Marshall not on this list of possible replacements, but Porter Moser is.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/basketbal...gXougySXxOivMA
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              That's ahhh, some wrist!

One of the comments mentioned Thunder Dan as a replacement. Add him to that article and it's an outstanding list of candidates from which to choose. However, I still don't get the fascination with Porter Moser. Really solid individual. Good college coach, very respectable. He's done some very solid work there, but it isn't quite B1G material, is it?

(Can you get both of them?)

• Of course a than you is in order and of course he is free to do what he wants but we know what our beloved coach can do. Any new coach you are on much shakier ground. A proven success is the single biggest factor in sustained success. There are more schools that have fallen off the map after a departure than have reloaded a new coach. Gregg is one in a million. Just ask Indiana, St Johns, Georgetown, UCLA, Arkansas, and many others how easy it is to reload with a new great coach.

Comment

• Oh an Sharif no offense but it is quite different than you changing jobs. We don’t care about tha while still wishing you all of the success in the world!

Comment

• Back and forth we go. Each time a job opens up and GM's name is brought up as a possibility. The ironic thing this time is that no one from other places brought up his name this time. This time one of our own brought it up. Drama never dies. Doesn't anyone else get tired of the stupid drama? Just let it play out, maybe. Just a thought worth mentioning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  Back and forth we go. Each time a job opens up and GM's name is brought up as a possibility. The ironic thing this time is that no one from other places brought up his name this time. This time one of our own brought it up. Drama never dies. Doesn't anyone else get tired of the stupid drama? Just let it play out, maybe. Just a thought worth mentioning.
                  Your post is the most dramatic thing in this thread.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Your post is the most dramatic thing in this thread.
                    Now with McDuffie gone, most of the drama on this board will go down because you will have fewer anxious moments when not on meds. However, you can go back to other threads and fixate such as our A.D. and baseball coach. While I tend to agree with you mostly on that thread, I just don't feel the need to post twice hourly.

Comment

• That list of candidates is so unrealistic, except for maybe a couple of names. Made me laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Now with McDuffie gone, most of the drama on this board will go down because you will have fewer anxious moments when not on meds. However, you can go back to other threads and fixate such as our A.D. and baseball coach. While I tend to agree with you mostly on that thread, I just don't feel the need to post twice hourly.
                        #triggered
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• On the Michigan message board there are quite a few wanting Marshall to be the first phone call. They had some pretty solid analysis of this past season. It's pretty obvious several posters on that board followed the Shockers season very closely and remembered a lot of details. The entire saga of losing seniors, transfers, and Shamet was stated. Then starting 1-8. Then the finish to the season, even listing the road wins in the NIT. One even gave the number of Marshall players that have made it to the NBA from WSU.

Good to know that at least some B1G fans follow the Shox pretty closely.

Michigan fans seemed pretty level-headed. They realize they're in a bad spot because of the timing. They will have 5 Seniors next year and they're concerned that filling those 5 spots with high caliber players could be challenging, especially if Michigan was forced to name an interim coach.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• This is one job that I'm worried about...I hope I'm deaf wrong in even thinking it.

Comment

Working...
                            X