Coaching Changes 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Dixon seems a little like a social climber/attention whore personality type.
    He could have left Pittsburgh for a number of teams during his tenure there, yet he chose TCU. Doesn't seem like much of a climber to me.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsu789 View Post
      Make that Dixon....Jamie Dimon...now that would be an interesting hire for UCLA.
      Indeed it would, 789.

But actually, there's precedent of a sort; Joe Moglia, the CEO of TDAmeritrade -- who started out as a coach before getting into the financial world to support his family, which he obviously did many times over -- retired from the brokerage business to become a successful head football coach at Coastal Caroilina before medical issues took their toll on him. Still, I'd be surprised if Dimon had a similar background. Also, Coastal Carolina isn't exactly Hollywood, although it's not that far from Hilton Head, where there's plenty of $$ to be found.

Comment

• TCU is Dixon alma mater, but I thought I read he grew up in LA. If this is true, he might be wanting to come home.

Comment

• I would never criticize anyone for leaving Texas for Calif, even LA, if you can afford it. Extra money would NEVER keep me in a place I didn't want to live. As for TCU being his alma mater, I'm not sure most basketball players develop a love for their school's town; that our players do is one of the things I like about our program. But, for instance, you don't see a lot of KU alumni loving Lawrence; they may love the school, but the state of Kansas? Don't see it that often.

Comment

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I'd never live in California, especially, western California. Visit? Yes! Live? No way.

• OregonShocker
            OregonShocker commented
            Editing a comment
            As I say to my mother (who lives in Tucson, where I'd NEVER live), "If we all liked the same things, we'd all live in the same place."

• Yeah, raising the sales tax to 10.25% sounds awesome. Not only that, you can enjoy the summer droughts and then breathe in the wonderful aroma of wildfires in the fall and winter. When you're not basking in the soot, char and ash, you can then sit in your car for 3 hours out of your day in traffic jams, but at least you can do car karaoke. While driving to the mall, make sure you carry plenty of pocket change to give out to the homeless camps up and down the I-5. Make sure you wear ankle shoes to avoid the human feces and drug needles in San Francisco in the streets. Lastly, save, save, save if you can. California's water infrastructure was built to accommodate 25 million people, due to booming population growth from illegal immigration and the natives, there are now 40 million in that state and billions are needed to overhaul and update the water systems. You'll need the money to pay for the taxes.

A new sales tax hike went into effect Monday for 51 California cities, including more than a dozen in Southern California.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The city's streets are so filthy that at least one infectious disease expert has compared San Francisco to some of the dirtiest slums in the world.

Comment

• I'm hating with California has become lately myself.
          But I am certain that with someone in HCGM's salary range, you will never have to see the bad side of society if you dont want to. Be it California or New York City

Comment

• Ross DellengerVerified account@RossDellenger

Some news: #LSU and Will Wade are working toward a meeting, an initial step in a potential path to reinstatement, sources tell @SINow.

Comment

• choida
              choida commented
              Editing a comment
              If Arizona kept Miller around little longer... Them LSU can too right...lol

• You guys are right, SEC loves to make sexy splashy hires...Jerry Stackhouse to Vanderbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
              You guys are right, SEC loves to make sexy splashy hires...Jerry Stackhouse to Vanderbilt.
              That's actually a pretty good hire. He did great with the Toronto G league team. He at least has coaching experience at a high level

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That's actually a pretty good hire. He did great with the Toronto G league team. He at least has coaching experience at a high level
                It'll be interesting to see the recruiting battle between him and Penny.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                  ShockTalk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good point.

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Wonder how much that weakens Penny and Memphis?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Wonder how much that weakens Penny and Memphis?
                  Penny will still have Memphis kids locked down. But outside of the city ... never know. I'd rather live in Nashville than Memphis.

Comment

• Dixon out now at UCLA
                    Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

• choida
                      choida commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think Beard should take the UCLA gig if offered..

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Can't believe UCLA didn't know about that before he "committed". Now, UCLA is looking at their 2nd choice (or worse) and TCU and Dixon are suck with each other. Bet the players are real happy and the recruiting trail should be interesting. What a mess.

• WuDrWu
                      WuDrWu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is a mess, if it's true. Frankly it's a little hard to believe, but IF true shatters the "money is no object" farce bantered about by BCS folks.

Seems like Dixon has to fix this or his time as a successful coach is all but done.

• UCLA, UNC, Duke, and Kentucky are all schools I generally do not enjoy seeing in the search of a Head Coach among a scattering of other potential destinations for 3G (Michigan State, Kansas, OU, Indiana, and Florida all are fringe threats). I worry much less so now of his leaving than I did years ago but UCLA is still a top 10 job in college basketball. Great location, big budget, fertile recruiting grounds and a hell of a lot of history (aside from the forgettable past couple years). Hope his name doesn’t pop up too much on the timeline in the coming weeks.

Comment

• choida
                      choida commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Marshall will never go to KU... Just a gut feeling.?

• WSUwatcher
                      WSUwatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Marshall will never be asked to join the team he referred to as Chickenhawks, choida. And, Sly, he already disdained UCLA once, at a time when he was an even hotter name (as in Final Four hot) than he is now.

• choida
                      choida commented
                      Editing a comment
                      WSUwatcher the question mark was an accident... I'm 190 percent sure our coach would never disrespect our program by joining a program that doesn't have the guts or gonads to play us... anywhere. Good night shocker fans

• Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                    UCLA, UNC, Duke, and Kentucky are all schools I generally do not enjoy seeing in the search of a Head Coach among a scattering of other potential destinations for 3G (Michigan State, Kansas, OU, Indiana, and Florida all are fringe threats). I worry much less so now of his leaving than I did years ago but UCLA is still a top 10 job in college basketball. Great location, big budget, fertile recruiting grounds and a hell of a lot of history (aside from the forgettable past couple years). Hope his name doesn’t pop up too much on the timeline in the coming weeks.
                    My understanding is that UCLA still flies Commercial instead of Charter. That is surprising and unless there is a change, I can’t see UCLA as a Top job.

Comment

• choida
                      choida commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Blame the alumni and former players to some degree for that

• Shockm
                      Shockm commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maybe but still not a top job.
                  Working...
                  X