So much for all those names being thrown out by “people in the know”

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

“...this could be his big chance at a Power Five job.”

LOL!

Oh... wait... you mean they’re serious?

LOLOL!
        This was also on Omaha.com

”Nebraska remains the only Power Five school never to have won an NCAA tournament game. But Moos doesn’t think a turnaround in Lincoln is that far away.”

Comment

Mick Cronin to UCLA is interesting to speculate about

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            That would be a career-ending move for Mr. Postseason Disappointment.

T

...:cool:

• shoxlax
            shoxlax commented
            Editing a comment
            Don’t see it

Hard to imagine who UCLA goes after at this point with Hoiberg essentially off the table. The expectations are ridiculously high.
          "Say it slowly and savor it..."
          Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Media outlets in Houston reporting that UH head coach is in talks with Arkansas. Apparently their AD went to Arkansas from Houston.
            That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

I heard from a reliable source that Arkansas was going to make a second run at Kennedy. The author of the Xs and Os and ins and outs of the motion offense. They missed on him about a decade ago and don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Comment

Hard to imagine Sampson is talking to Arkansas while he's preparing the team for the sweet sixteen, but maybe I think too highly of him.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• WuDrWu
                  WuDrWu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's a ruse and a smoke screen. The Hogs know who they want, if they can make it happen. Big if.

Kyle Smith hired as head coach by WSU from San Francisco. Washington State that is...

Comment

• RoyalShock
                  RoyalShock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, he has a Chance.

• MikeKennedyRulZ
                  MikeKennedyRulZ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He's got at least one that's for sure. ;)

I look at some of these hires and think they are either desperate or geniuses. Seems like big gambles from programs that should have the money not to have to gamble. Oats to Bama? THAT was the plan for the AD? Gotta be a coaches market out there....

Comment

• OregonShocker
                  OregonShocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My wife actually said, "Maybe they just wanted to save money for football and hired a cheaper coach."

Hunter has some confidence

The Assman

Comment

• B1ShockFan
                  B1ShockFan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow, I think he is impressive, should be a good hire for them.

• MikeKennedyRulZ
                  MikeKennedyRulZ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I appreciate the swagger but not really rooted in reality. Also, I hope Tulane didn't pay very much to have that logo drawn up. Yikes! My 6 year old could have done a better job. Actually, come to think of it, my 3 year old could probably also.

• Dark Lord
                  Dark Lord commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hope he finds success. You cannot help but like the guy. He has found success elsewhere but I hope he realizes he has a lot more competition in talent, support and coaching than at his previous stops. That being said, he also does not have to win this conference in order to make the NCAA tournament if he can find enough success. I do believe that he may dance, but not next year.

The SEC has money to throw at coaches. $5 million per season kind of money.

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                  Mick Cronin to UCLA is interesting to speculate about
                  Not enough pizazz for Hollywood.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                    I look at some of these hires and think they are either desperate or geniuses. Seems like big gambles from programs that should have the money not to have to gamble. Oats to Bama? THAT was the plan for the AD? Gotta be a coaches market out there....
                    Seems like there may have been more than just preferring more wins. Personality issues or rubbing certain people the wrong way perhaps or more demands in BB than Bama wanting or football too important and unhappiness, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                      The SEC has money to throw at coaches. $5 million per season kind of money.
                      Basketball in the SEC is still secondary except for Kentucky and maybe a couple of others.

Comment

Working...
                      X