No announcement yet.

Official NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In direct refutation of where the attention on college basketball has been centered for the last decade, veterans – not star freshmen – will rule the Final Four.

So wait, I keep hearing from Memphis that talent is all that matters. And now you are telling me the final four might not have a 2018 Top 100 player in it?? Mind blowing.

Comment

• TGOWJ GOSHOX
      TGOWJ GOSHOX commented
      Editing a comment
      It was fun to see the "Blew Bloods" go down this weekend but have to admit the FF is now kinda Meh with out Zion....

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh don't worry. They will find a way to make sure Zion is interjected any chance they can get.

And I'm glad it's not the same people. I might actually watch it this year.

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

I have no idea how anyone can watch that game and blame anything on Zion. Dude is a generational talent and had several fantastic shots in this game.
    TOTALLY THIS...KID DOES NOTHING BUT PLAY HARD...NOT HIS FAULT HE HAS TALENT...:)

Comment

• I don’t think anyone doubts the young mans talent but like so many with talent they seem to get the benefit of the whistle. My own thoughts go to the ucf game where Zion bulled over a ucf guard on a drive and fell into a stationary Tako Fall who was then called for his fifth foul.

Comment

• I didnt watch all the games, but I did notice that it is apparently ok to wrap your off hand around a defender to drive past them in the NCAA tourney. I could have sworn JB got whistled for that on several occasions.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• jazztrane
          jazztrane commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep I don't think I watched a game without at least two hooks by an offensive player uncalled.

• Not a Duke fan, but anyone who doesn't think Zion will be that good in the NBA, needs to go get an eye exam. No, there are not a bunch of guys as good as him in the NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          I didnt watch all the games, but I did notice that it is apparently ok to wrap your off hand around a defender to drive past them in the NCAA tourney. I could have sworn JB got whistled for that on several occasions.
          Zion did this in the VaTech game and they even went to the monitor. He CLEARY hooked and held the guy and they said nope. Didn't even call it a normal foul much less the stupid hook and hold.

Comment

• Not sad at all to see the Dukies go down. Then such a big deal was made about how sad they were after the game. How about how they got beat and how good a job MSU and Izzo did?

Comment

• Horn28Clem30
              Horn28Clem30 commented
              Editing a comment
              The whole season has been about Duke though, Zion's been the story of the season.
              Last edited by Horn28Clem30; April 2, 2019, 08:39 AM.

• I highly doubt I'll be watching the final four unless I have absolutely no other plans and I typically don't miss a game in the tournament from beginning to end. Going to be a snoozefest imo...

Comment

• jazztrane
              jazztrane commented
              Editing a comment
              It'll be interesting to see the ratings, I'm much more likely to watch this group than Duke, UK, KU and UNC.

• shockerfanmas
              shockerfanmas commented
              Editing a comment
              You're delirious if you think it'll be a snoozefest. This is setting up to be the best Final Four in a long time. No clear favorite, 2 new teams. If you're a fan of basketball and have the ability to watch there is NO EXCUSE to not watch

• Horn28Clem30
              Horn28Clem30 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm pretty sure the ratings are going to speak for themselves. I could be way wrong, but i'm guessing they'll be the lowest they've been in a while.

• The refs tried their best to keep Michigan State from beating the last Blue. At one point in the second half, the announcer even mentioned how Duke only has 2 fouls vs whatever from Michigan State. Well F Duh, they are Duke. If the refs don't call fouls on them, how are they supposed to have any against them.

Comment

• Do the rims look small and about 11’ tall in this FF game to anyone else?

Comment

• I guess the refs are just going to swallow their whistles in the FF, yet again.
              The Assman

Comment

• Wow. Virginia pulling a WSU.
                The Assman

Comment

• Does Bruce ever shut up?

Comment

• Now does auburn pull a uni

Comment

• How did they miss that double dribble? Imagine if Virginia makes a three here and wins it after that missed call

Comment

Working...
                      X