No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Furman Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know ES had some really bad TOs, but man did he make some clutch shots?! I'm hard on the kid but really played well when we needed him to tonight.

Comment

• asiseeit
      asiseeit commented
      Editing a comment
      two of them were not his fault..........the traveling call was bs and took a basket away from him

• Kashman
      Kashman commented
      Editing a comment
      Every pass to JE when he was posted up was HIS fault it ended in a TO. It looked like he was watching bubbles float out there. Never went to go get the ball. Unless it hit him in the hands, unguarded, he lost the ball. The AM turnover in the post was ALL on AM. You can't post up a guy and let him walk around your 7' 280lb body. I would almost go as far as saying that half our TOs were because our bigs were not playing like bigs.
      Last edited by Kashman; March 20, 2019, 09:09 PM.

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, our big guys don’t know how to post up hard and are slow to move when they do receive the ball. They both need a lot of work in this regard. IPBC is probably the best of the three but has other issues. They need to watch videos from Shaq Morris.

• One more point. I was impressed with our preparation, the game plan and the execution / composure. Expect it
    from seniors but our freshmen and RT in the second half

Comment

• It's really too bad we had to play Furman in the first round. I hate eliminating quality non-P5 programs.

So I hope we ****ing DESTROY Clemson on Sunday. Win it for Furman!
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Just got home from the game. Heartbroken, but proud of my team. First, I want to say again how impressed I am with the Shocker fans and your team. Shocker nation is first class and you deserve the great program you have. As for the game, wow. Indeed, that was a high level game. You guys were just too big and physical for us. Despite that, it was a game for the taking had we hit some open shots down the stretch. The no one and one rule hurts a team that is behind. All that said, it was a well deserved win by your Shockers. You should beat the Tigers. You are the better team. Also, the atmosphere will be completely different. The students are on spring break and the fans are not behind their team right now. They only had 1,500 fans for the Wright State game. Most Furman fans will be pulling for your team until you play UNCG for the championship. Good luck to the Shockers. Thank you for allowing me to post on your board. Hope to see you again in the Big Dance next year, because we will be there too!

Comment

• Rocky Mountain Shock
          Rocky Mountain Shock commented
          Editing a comment
          Love Furman fans. We'll be rooting for you guys for years to come. Go kick some P5 ass in next year's tourney!

• Frigging hell, ESPN3, so I invite my elderly parents in so the can see the game and my Chromecast won't work right. Freeze, go, free, go, freeze, go. I'm exhausted. Finally just listed to the radio which I don't think I've done since Antoine was a sophomore.

Congratulations on 500.

Congratulations on 20.

Two more to take Markis home.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          Had the EXACT same thing on my Roku, so I pulled it up on my mobile phone and screenshared my mobile to my Roku -- worked great and played in high def -- but the ESPN app was JACKED.

• Nice win for our Shocks, learning to grind it out on the road against a good team. House was packed, fun game to watch. Sometimes frustrating but fun. Coach gets 500 and is showing why he’s one of the best and he’s a Shocker I think until he decides to hang it up. Stevenson best game shooting in sometime, Markis was solid and our size worked to our advantage. Was a perfect game but 20 wins, who thought that early in the year. Now I’m going to watch some Fred and the Raptors.

Comment

• I think Furman fans, both on this forum and the ones who showed up in person for the game deserve a shout out. As many other posters stated, I hate the fact our first round match up had to be against Furman and not some overrated P5 team.

Comment

• My thoughts on the game:

I was concerned about our bigs defending Rafferty and it turned out to be a problem for us. We didn’t deny him the ball at all. We shoulda had Dennis defend Rafferty and stay in his jock. Rafferty is crafty but he’s also slow. I think a smaller athletic player would be a problem for him. Our big could have just patrolled the paint area and be assigned to their worst shooter.

i thought Stevenson would have a big shooting game and he did. He is better from deep than he is with his toes on the 3 point line. Also, he wasn’t overwhelmed with their athleticism. Erik is not a good interior passer by the way for those that want to see him at point.

Torres showed that he has a place on the team next year, not sure Brown has showed that yet and the clock is ticking.

Like it or not, McDuffie is gonna do his thing for the rest of this season. He throws up his share of garbage but he makes a bunch of the, too. Let’s just let it go and enjoy the ride.

i think we can beat Clemson. They are a better matchup for us. Furman is a Valley type team, which is unorthodox and can beat anyone but also lose to anyone. Glad to have them in the rear view mirror.

Comment

• Does anyone know why PoorBear didn’t play? Thought he might have been some help tonight with Rafferty

Comment

• ShockTalk
                ShockTalk commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm guessing freshman big with a lot to learn vs crafty senior. Fortunately, JE and AM managed to stay on the floor without fouling out.

• mattdalt
                mattdalt commented
                Editing a comment
                My guess would be because he gets absolutely lost on defense.

• ShockingButTrue
                ShockingButTrue commented
                Editing a comment
                ... And offense. No offense to the kid.

• Made the trip the Greenville. First off, very very nice city! Downtown, and the area around it is clean, new, and scenic. Their fans...first rate. (Except for maybe a few college-aged knuckheads). Kudos to the city and their fans. I’m still trying to relax after that game! Incredible!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Rafferty is such a flopper
                Creighton level floppier. I’m impressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                  Does anyone know why PoorBear didn’t play? Thought he might have been some help tonight with Rafferty
                  If Rafferty could get the angle on the two big guys he would have just went over Chandler. Same size.

Comment

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post

Creighton level floppier. I’m impressed.
                    Wow, you are really getting into the stratosphere with that flaccolade comparison to creighton. Impressive indeed.

Comment

• I think PoorBear,albeit not a great defensive player is definitely quicker than Mitguard and Echenigue. Would have been nice to see, not questioning the game plan, just thought it could be injury related. He’s been seeing minutes lately and doing some good things.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                        This dude will be living this down for the rest of his life. As he should be.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                      X