Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any SNer's going to the Practice Saturday morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any SNer's going to the Practice Saturday morning?

Just wonder how many are taking up the offer for $25 to attend a regular practice Saturday morning. The $50 VIP includes a tour of the facilities and sitting in on the coaches meeting.

Anybody else going?
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

I sent the form in but haven't heard back. Should I expect to?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I am going. Sent in my form and do not expect to hear back unless the check bounces!!!!!!

Comment

Wish I could go.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDave View Post
          I am going. Sent in my form and do not expect to hear back unless the check bounces!!!!!!
          I called, so I don't know what you should expect. They just have my name on the list.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            I sent the form in but haven't heard back. Should I expect to?
            We sent in our form and wondered too, so called and asked. We were told to just show up. I guess they'll have a list.

Comment

What did you see?

Let's get a solid report fellas!
              Livin the dream

Comment

I'm too tired but will report my opinion back later. One thing is for sure ... EO is not the EO of last year. His confidence and ability are starting to shine through.

Comment

Also ... Baker. He was obviously very well coached as a youth. He knows where to be, when to be there, and how to finish. Once he gets used to the speed ... LOOK OUT!!!

Comment

While waiting for SNers to report, read Paul's:

Enjoy!:joyous:
                    Last edited by T.VuOP; October 22, 2011, 06:35 PM.
                    Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Coach singled out EO for his play in practice today. Had only one situation where he fumbled a catch.

Got the impression that we may still be recruiting for one more this year (VanVleet's class).

Anacreon was in New York attending to mother's heart surgery yesterday. Mitchell is sidelined with concussion.

There wasn't any 5-on-5 scrimmage except for a 38 second remaining in tie game situation. Coach said they'd been doing a lot of that.

Wessell looks as if he might be a weight room fanatic, very solid. His shooting was horrible at times and very solid at times.

Freshmen/newcomers were often in the wrong place and getting yelled at for it.

There were some very nice plays, even near the end of the 2.5 hour practice. It is non-stop, other than there are sometimes three teams of 5, and one team watches the other two.

In most of the 4-on-4, or 5-on-5 sessions , scores are kept and losers run sprint for stipulated time, from 12 to 30 seconds.

Installed a zone defense and then practiced it in for a short 5-on-5 session.

Hard to tell about individual perfomances because most of the time was teaching and practicing drills in 2-on-2 or 3-on-3 or 4-on-4 sessions. Lots of upper class telling newcomers where to be in some of the drills.

Jake White looks to have a nose for the ball, and has a sweet shot out to 15 feet (could be longer, but I wasn't watching for that). Hope he has the necessary quickness (again difficult to tell from this practice)

Tekele Cotton also has nice shot and form. Seemed to move very well.

Coach Jans and Marshall really teach. Heier and Ford were out recruiting.

Comment

Well done! This really is a very thorough and spot-on recap, with maybe only one small disagreement, but so small probably not even worth mentioning.

Nice write-up im4wsu!

I also think Suellentrop is pretty right-on too.

Comment

EO

Suellentrop: Center Ehimen Orukpe is a much-improved player since the summer. He is comfortable catching the ball and working in the offense. He scored on a jump hook, a dunk and several putbacks during the practice. His development is probably the most encouraging sign in the early going for WSU. He looks like a guy who an give the Shockers good minutes in relief of Garrett Stutz, and I wasn’t sure I could say that in June.

Read more: http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/#ixzz1bYw6QusK

Comment

Awesome news...can't wait to watch our post players this year...I think that they will be on a different level then what we are used to. Saw Coach and his family at the Thunder game tonight, good to see that he works some family time around these events.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Well done! This really is a very thorough and spot-on recap, with maybe only one small disagreement, but so small probably not even worth mentioning.

Nice write-up im4wsu!

I also think Suellentrop is pretty right-on too.
                              Please feel free to disagree. I didn't take notes so that is just from the memory of an older guy with CRS.

Comment

Working...
                              X