Wichita State vs Furman Paladins Pregame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

That is spot on...I LIKE this young coach!!!
    This coach is impressive and one that should be watched the next few years. Could be a name to remember when we need a new coach down the road.

Comment

Furman is no push over. We're gonna have a fight on our hands. They're a team that should have gone to the tournament if the committee would have more respect for the non-P5 programs.

Furman isn't a good match up for Mitgaard but I'm thinking Chandler might have some opportunities to shine. We'll need to play small ball and stay out of foul trouble. We can't get in a shooting contest with them--we'll need to slow it down and hope for the best on the offensive end. We'll need the seniors at their best and maybe Stevenson will remember how to put the ball in the hoop.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• pie n eye
        pie n eye commented
        Editing a comment
        As much as I like Poor-Bear’s future potential, his current defense seems to be well below Asbjorn’s even in what looks like a bad matchup on paper. Poor-Bear just looks lost on that end of the court.

Looking back at some box scores, they beat ETSU by 30 at their place... They shot lights out that game and Forbes team didn't stand a chance. Sounds rather familiar... On the other hand, they couldn't seem to find the basket their first meeting at ETSU and lost by 23. Maybe the change in the line will help us a bit at least to keep them from doing another 67% accuracy job.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
        Furman is no push over. We're gonna have a fight on our hands. They're a team that should have gone to the tournament if the committee would have more respect for the non-P5 programs.

Furman isn't a good match up for Mitgaard but I'm thinking Chandler might have some opportunities to shine. We'll need to play small ball and stay out of foul trouble. We can't get in a shooting contest with them--we'll need to slow it down and hope for the best on the offensive end. We'll need the seniors at their best and maybe Stevenson will remember how to put the ball in the hoop.
        Good point. I think that AM will get a look but if he isn’t able to defend and is hurting us, GM may go to PB to back up JE more often. We need for JE to play like he did earlier in the year. AM has been our most consistent big but while he may hurt FU on the boards, he may not be able to hang. Whatever, GM will do his usual scout and require his Assistants to come up with back up alternatives to defend Furman and Rafferty. If Rafferty hangs out around the 3 point line, GM will defend him differently.

Comment

They remind me of Marshall from last year.

Comment

A couple of nuggets from Taylor:

Comment

SHOCKERS MOTIVATED TO WIN FOR MARKIS AND SAMAJAE

"We want them to go out on a win," Torres said. "They've done so much for us this season, while we were extremely inexperienced."

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                They remind me of Marshall from last year.
                Marshall had one wanker that went off and has not been heard of again.

They're better than Marshall. More balanced and a better coach.

WSU at +4.5 sounds about right.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Interesting that the WSU men's golf team is playing in the Furman Invitational this weekend and they are coming early to attend the basketball game. Furman has a nice on campus golf course. Hate that Wright St came up short against Clemson tonight. It went down to the wire. I was hoping both of us could be playing for a home game tomorrow. Here is a link to the Furman message board I hope:

Comment

• Pre-Furman Quotables: Gregg Marshall

Head coach Gregg Marshall talked about the sense of accomplishment that comes with his young team making the NIT and the even bigger challenge that awaits them Wednesday night at Furman.

Comment

• With the longer three point line I'd rather make them beat us from out there than have them
                      back cut us to death. I'd rather not see any of our three centers playing 20 feet from the rim
                      on D

Comment

• I think I’ve mentioned it here before, but my wife is a Furman alum. Shortly after I graduated from WSU, we moved to Charlotte (hour and a half drive to Greenville).

Greenville in general is beautiful. It’s a little bigger than Manhattan, and- imo- a little nicer. It sits inside the mountains and, as a result, avoids the South Carolina heat and humidity. Honestly, I think Greenville is one of the best kept secrets of the South. The wife and I love going down there.

Furman’s campus is unbelievable. Look up pictures. It looks like something from a Hollywood movie.

I’m selfish, so I was rooting for Clemson to win. Let’s get the job done tonight and keep Gregg in his home state a little longer.

Comment

• Unlike Colorado, where I live, western S. Carolina has both mountains and water. Spent over a year in N. Carolina at Ft. Bragg and tried to get up in the Appalachians as much as possible whenever there was some time off. Always suspected that the the western part of S. Carolina was overlooked...like Wichita State Guy says...a best kept secret.

Comment

• Has anyone found a restaurant/bar that is playing the game yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                              I think I’ve mentioned it here before, but my wife is a Furman alum. Shortly after I graduated from WSU, we moved to Charlotte (hour and a half drive to Greenville).

Greenville in general is beautiful. It’s a little bigger than Manhattan, and- imo- a little nicer. It sits inside the mountains and, as a result, avoids the South Carolina heat and humidity. Honestly, I think Greenville is one of the best kept secrets of the South. The wife and I love going down there.

Furman’s campus is unbelievable. Look up pictures. It looks like something from a Hollywood movie.

I’m selfish, so I was rooting for Clemson to win. Let’s get the job done tonight and keep Gregg in his home state a little longer.
                              Can you shoot me a PM with ideas of things to do in Greenville? I have a friend going to Greenville with his elderly father (next week, I think). He kinda got the impression that there's NOTHING to do in Greenville, so I just wanted to give him some suggestions.
                              78-65

Comment

• asiseeit
                                asiseeit commented
                                Editing a comment
                                if you like baseball they have a replica of fenway park and i think it's open to tour

• 1972Shocker
                                1972Shocker commented
                                Editing a comment
                                If you or your friend are AAA members go by their closest office and ask tor the Tour Book that includes South Carolina. I have found these books very helpful in travel planning.

Also you can to to Trip Advisor online and get a lot of information and I'm sure both South Carolina and Greenville have web sites that provide a lot of information for visitors.
                            Working...
                            X