No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Furman Paladins Pregame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If SHJ and MM decide to "senior" it and try to do everything, we'll lose by 20+
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• B1ShockFan
      B1ShockFan commented
      Editing a comment
      I tend to agree, hope that is NOT what we see tonight.

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      it's a slippery slope. Sometimes they have to senior it because the rest of the team is freshmaning. Hopefully the rest of the guys are ready to play so the seniors don't have to play the savior role.

• I think there is a good chance that tonight we see just how valuable AM is going to be for us the next two years. I predict a good night for him.

And as far as SHJ goes, doesn't he seem to have his best games against smaller opponents? Both of their guards are short than him. Juco ball may be just what the doctor ordered for this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      If SHJ and MM decide to "senior" it and try to do everything, we'll lose by 20+
      They need to not senior it, but our freshmen need to not freshman it. Gonna need all cylinders firing from here on out.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        “Five players on the floor functioning as one single unit: team, team, team – no one more important than the other.” –Coach Norman Dale
        Last edited by WstateU; March 20, 2019, 03:52 PM.

• gman
        gman commented
        Editing a comment
        Furman fan here. I wanted to let you all know that it has been a pleasure to follow this board the last few days. It is so evident how knowledgeable and respectful you guys are toward each other and toward the Paladins. We are so excited to play a team like Wichita State, one that does it the right way, has a great coach and great fan base. You have much to be proud of. Wishing you guys the best, but hopefully come up at least a point short! Go Paladins!

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        The mutual respect is not always evident. Occasionally, there is some less than friendly fire.

• "My team is on the floor." - Also Coach Norman Dale

I have to get my grandsons to watch this movie.

Somehow though I don't thing this strategy will be employed by Coach Marshall.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 20, 2019, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        Might be my all-time favorite 'feel good' sports movie... love everything about that movie.

Brian's Song is a close second.

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        You have impeccable taste.

• Originally posted by gman
      Furman fan here. I wanted to let you all know that it has been a pleasure to follow this board the last few days. It is so evident how knowledgeable and respectful you guys are toward each other and toward the Paladins. We are so excited to play a team like Wichita State, one that does it the right way, has a great coach and great fan base. You have much to be proud of. Wishing you guys the best, but hopefully come up at least a point short! Go Paladins!
      Welcome aboard Shockernet ... glad you found us!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Their two biggest front court players are both 6'8" and 190 and 215 respectively. Both start and Rafferty being one of them. You can't help but notice our size difference down low and our depth. We go 6'9", 6'11" and 7'0" all 258 plus. Do we get them heavily involved to try and tire out their big men and get them in foul trouble? That makes a slower team on defense however and opens up their offense. On the other hand, we go big and they're a smaller team, will they tire us out with their quickness and speed? Man, what a tough game to game plan around.

Comment

• Just be aware of the back doors ! They want to spread you way out, get you to over guard and
          then back door you and they are very GOOD at it. Back off them ! I don't think we do and lose.

Comment

• I think the key is defensive assignments. I feel like we should own the boards due to our size and athleticism.

Comment

• Taylor just tweeted that we’re wearing the yellow jerseys. I feel much better about our chances.

Comment

• Let us take some souls tonight
                The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Working...
                X