Wichita State vs Furman Paladins Pregame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Looking at his assists (2nd on the team), tells me he spends a lot of time on the perimeter. Mit is not a good chaser out there.
    Not necessarily. Could be he is good at passing out of the post to the open 3 point shooter when help defense comes.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Here is Furman's last second win (2019) against: Loyola-Chicago (2018 Final Four Participate)

Comment

Since the Shox have improved over the last 13 games or so. I am curious how our stats (specifically defense) of just the last 13 games compare to their last 13 games. I realize it is somewhat apples to oranges possibly due to conference differences. Still might be interesting.

I may have to look into it and break it down.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Here is Furman's overtime win (2019) against: #9 ranked Villanova (2018 National Champions)

Comment

This should be a fun game, particularly when the President of Furman leads the cheer:

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              That's pretty funny... "FU all the time!"

Comment

• Stickboy46
              Stickboy46 commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting comment where he says that we've "settled in our area" for recruiting. That doesn't appear to be a true statement to me.

Otherwise, seems like a smart coach.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Not necessarily. Could be he is good at passing out of the post to the open 3 point shooter when help defense comes.
              Hey, don't rail on my A-game analysis of Furman. I'm just warming up.

Comment

Hey, don't rail on my A-game analysis of Furman. I'm just warming up.
                Lol carry-on ;)

Comment

$15 tickets and students free...They are trying to fill their arena. I hope the atmosphere is good.

Comment

Very nice interview and impressive sounding guy. If his team weren't playing WSU, I'd be rooting for him -- and I will in the future -- but I hope he finishes second Wednesday night.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      WSU has a strong ability to get to the line? Really?
                      Actually I miss read the metric - WSU has a strong ability to send the other team to the line. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

A lot of respect coming from Furman coaches and players. I still cant get used to how excited teams from smaller conferences are to play a team like Wichita State. Doesnt seem that long ago that we were the ones talking like them and our players and coaches working hard to earn respect.

Just shows, once again, how far this program has evolved under Marshall's guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

They will change up the d on Rafferty to not allow comfort. He probably doesn’t play much against Long bigs like JE, nor against huge bodies who can rough him up a bit like AM. Then they’ll double him and force him to give up the rock in addition to a smaller player too. No telling which one will be more effective.
                          He is a very good passer and has lots of assists, so doubling down is going to be tough.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Looking at his assists (2nd on the team), tells me he spends a lot of time on the perimeter. Mit is not a good chaser out there.
                            Tells me he finds the open man when he is double teamed
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                            X