No announcement yet.

Memphis Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets give Dallas Fort Worth a shot, will be the easiest drive our fan base has ever had to get to a conference tournament. I expect with a strong regular season we could get 5,000 fans there.

Comment

I was thinking OKC was in the discussion at one point? That would be great. We could almost commute to the games!

Comment

There will be more Shocker fans in DFW than there were Memphis fans in Memphis, IMO. The Shocker fans are impressive and I heard tons of compliments from other team fans about how well we travel. From what I saw, it was basically, WSU, Cincy and Memphis, the other schools were very lightly represented.

Comment

• ShockerPhi
          ShockerPhi commented
          Editing a comment
          I would agree with that assessment. Us and Cinci were about the same, perhaps we had a few more. Then after that, not a lot of other fans.

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        There will be more Shocker fans in DFW than there were Memphis fans in Memphis, IMO. The Shocker fans are impressive and I heard tons of compliments from other team fans about how well we travel. From what I saw, it was basically, WSU, Cincy and Memphis, the other schools were very lightly represented.
        While our fanship WAS great, I'd say it's a stretch that WSU has more in DFW than Memphis had IN Memphis...

Comment

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s closer than St. Louis, a better town than St. Louis and i’ve Seen how many we bring to St. Louis. I don’t think it’s a stretch at all.

I do wonder if we’ll ever hit St. Louis numbers again. It’s a lot tougher for the fans who want to make the NCAA trip without the extra weekend in between the conference and the NCAA tournaments.

Comment

Dan, I’m assuming you were in Memphis? I’d take your assessment since I never went to St. Louis, but that seemed like about 8-10 thousand of them

Comment

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, and have not missed in over 15 years. I’d be shocked if there were 8-10k at the Memphis game. Certainly not at the Memphis games prior to the Saturday game.

Great time in Memphis, locals were great and always asked if we were enjoying ourselves and offered suggestions of things to do. KC BBQ still tops, but not by much. Graceland- expensive but worth it. If the Cincy fans wouldn't have been there it would have been perfect!

Comment

I hope someone took a tour of Sun Records while there! That place is a music-lover's heaven on earth!
            "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

ShockRef - Looking forward to your annual "Notes, Quotes and Billygoats" report.

"That is all."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
              X