Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WstateU
    replied
    ShockRef - Looking forward to your annual "Notes, Quotes and Billygoats" report.

"That is all."

Leave a comment:

• insaneykaney
    replied
    I hope someone took a tour of Sun Records while there! That place is a music-lover's heaven on earth!

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, and have not missed in over 15 years. I’d be shocked if there were 8-10k at the Memphis game. Certainly not at the Memphis games prior to the Saturday game.

• boyshocker
    replied
    Great time in Memphis, locals were great and always asked if we were enjoying ourselves and offered suggestions of things to do. KC BBQ still tops, but not by much. Graceland- expensive but worth it. If the Cincy fans wouldn't have been there it would have been perfect!

Leave a comment:

• molly jabali
    replied
    Dan, I’m assuming you were in Memphis? I’d take your assessment since I never went to St. Louis, but that seemed like about 8-10 thousand of them

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    commented on 's reply
    It’s closer than St. Louis, a better town than St. Louis and i’ve Seen how many we bring to St. Louis. I don’t think it’s a stretch at all.

• AndShock
    replied
    I do wonder if we’ll ever hit St. Louis numbers again. It’s a lot tougher for the fans who want to make the NCAA trip without the extra weekend in between the conference and the NCAA tournaments.

Leave a comment:

• molly jabali
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    There will be more Shocker fans in DFW than there were Memphis fans in Memphis, IMO. The Shocker fans are impressive and I heard tons of compliments from other team fans about how well we travel. From what I saw, it was basically, WSU, Cincy and Memphis, the other schools were very lightly represented.
    While our fanship WAS great, I'd say it's a stretch that WSU has more in DFW than Memphis had IN Memphis...

Leave a comment:

• ShockerPhi
    commented on 's reply
    I would agree with that assessment. Us and Cinci were about the same, perhaps we had a few more. Then after that, not a lot of other fans.

• Dan
    replied
    There will be more Shocker fans in DFW than there were Memphis fans in Memphis, IMO. The Shocker fans are impressive and I heard tons of compliments from other team fans about how well we travel. From what I saw, it was basically, WSU, Cincy and Memphis, the other schools were very lightly represented.

Leave a comment:

• MadDog
    replied
    I was thinking OKC was in the discussion at one point? That would be great. We could almost commute to the games!

Leave a comment:

• 12eagle
    replied
    Lets give Dallas Fort Worth a shot, will be the easiest drive our fan base has ever had to get to a conference tournament. I expect with a strong regular season we could get 5,000 fans there.

Leave a comment:

• mattdalt
    replied
    Hot take: St. Louis doesn’t hold a candle to Memphis as a host city. EVERYTHING is within walking distance of the arena. Food, entertainment, history, culture. Literally everything. Word of advice, skip The Rendezvous and go to Central bbq on Butler. After that, take a very short walk to the Lorraine Motel.

Leave a comment:

• abdullah_sharif
    commented on 's reply
    So could st louis lol... could hang with nashville for sure..

• Jhook89
    replied
    Atlanta or Charlotte could be good centerilized locations that aren’t the home town of one of the teams.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X