Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Stalwart
    replied
    That win does it for me. I’m ready to call this season a success. Pretty sure we are almost a lock for the NIT now and there’s still some hope for going all the way here. duff will have to do that again 2 more times though... can he do it?

Back at 1-6 when conference play opened, I’m pretty sure we all said NIT would be a raging triumph and here we are.

Leave a comment:

• asiseeit
    replied
    1. MM's best game as a shocker - very happy for him
    2. DD is a player. ES is a player but in a solid quieter way. JB very good at times, up and down
    3. AM !!!!!! again ! told ya !!!
    4. I've been down on SHJ but thot he played pretty darn well, however, when ES, DD and JB are in
    together things seem to run smoother. those three frosh and the returning centers are a great returning core
    5. if we win tomorrow this will be GM's best year of coaching
    6. have to beat CU on the boards and contain cumberlin.............go shocks

Leave a comment:

• WichitaStateGuy
    commented on 's reply
    I take it back—thought for sure we lost the battle of the boards and turnovers... box score looks better than the game did. We’re all shocker fans here. I’m older after this game, boys.

• Kung Wu
    commented on 's reply
    lmao

• Blackmag
    commented on 's reply
    Agree, coach is one of the best in the business, I always believed. Get a legit point guard and another power forward and next year we’re in the top 3 or 4 or who knows

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Sucks not hearing Marshall on the postgame in the tournament.

Leave a comment:

• bunck
    replied
    Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    Shizz Alston, 2 points in the second half.
    and he only got those 2 from that foul that he kicked his legs out on...

Leave a comment:

• Dave Stalwart
    replied
    Shiz came out on fire under pressure but cooled off after the initial barrage and ultimately it was a victory.

I’m talking about after my pizza dinner but it was a good game too though

Leave a comment:

• forevershockerfan
    replied
    Them Shocks are playing tough as nails down the stretch. Watching this young group grow as a team has been grand. We drew lots of fouls and better yet, made them all but around 2 if I recall. Duff was on fire and there was little the Owls could do to stop him. Temple should have never beat us in Wichita so this win was sweet. Now let's win 2 more starting with those mean Bearcats. Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    These conference tournaments are a tough challenge. Especially if you have to win on back-to-back-to-back days just to get to the championship game.

Markis and Dexter with 38 minutes tonight and Samajae with 33. And those were tough minutes.

Hopefully the whirlpools are working better than the timekeeping equipment.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 15, 2019, 11:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wusphlash
    replied
    This is where the old adage "it's hard to beat a team three times" comes into play.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    commented on 's reply
    Thats in response to @Oregan's grainy picture which shows Cincy playing Temple tomorrow.

• Blackmag
    replied
    SHJ didn’t shoot well but great D second half on Shizz and the drive to put us up 4 at the end was huge. For all his faults effort has never been an issue.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    The fix was in, but even the refs couldn't stop Dexter down the stretch! lmao

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Pickle
    commented on 's reply
    Was just getting ready to post this. Pretty darn good defense and it mostly cancelled out his cringe worthy offensive game.
Working...
X