Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972Shocker
    commented on 's reply
    Regarding Jaime we really don't know for sure if his foot is still giving him problems. So I hate to be too hard on him absent knowing for sure how healthy he is.

• TheShocktocles
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Temple is a really bad matchup for Torres. They have multiple tall and quick guards. SHJ can deal with it due to his speed. Ricky doesn't have that advantage
    Coach Marshall doesn't send messages. If he has got something to say he will tell you. Agree bad match up for RT.

Leave a comment:

• TheShocktocles
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Shocks persevere. Markis and Dexter were great.

Need more out of Jamarius and Jaime tomorrow and need to eliminate some of middle school brain cramps. Perhaps more Wu Juice intake would help that.

Does anyone try harder than God's Bear.

Let's get us a Bearcat pelt to hang on the wall tomorrow.
    We might be able to play with Cincy tomorrow if JE would show up and play. He sure is playing soft. He doesn't go to the ball for rebounds and he let's little guards drive to the basket and shoot. What happen to the other JE we used to see?

Leave a comment:

• Good News
    commented on 's reply
    Eye test is eye test. I've never believed in the transitive property when it comes to basketball - matchups are key. I hear you though. Not to mention that Mick might have the attention of his guys after humiliating them by saying he was going to hold open tryouts last week.

Then again, maybe there's a potential mutiny. Either way, I just don't see anybody on UH that impacts us negatively like Cumberland, and I think we are incredibly improved from that UH game. I could be wrong, but I think just JE alone was struggling and one of his first games back from the foot injury. Let alone DD emergence, JB maturity, ES... heat check 3s, SHJ confidence game winner confidence boosters, etc.

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Looking at the box score is saddening. No balance whatsoever. Great balance with Temple however which is why they had a much better season. If we don't get more players involved tomorrow we are done.

T

...:cool:

Leave a comment:

• proshox
    commented on 's reply
    He just needs to be engaged. Very low effort game for him tonight.

• proshox
    commented on 's reply
    Game changed with SHJ started guarding him.

• Good News
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Todd Fagan's day is not done. They've got to get Markis and Dexter into those cold therapy hyperbolicchambermcthingys and get those guys back into shape.

There's so much to cover about that game tonight but I think I'll keep it short and sweet.

I love this program and how these guys have competed since Arkansas Tech Nov 3, 2007 through tonight. You've rarely if ever been cheated.

And I love this conference. Tomorrow could and should be a blast with 4 teams ready to get into a rock fight to get a win.

We may win tomorrow, we may lose tomorrow. But we're gonna get after it.

#AmericanPower #WatchUsSurviveandAdvance
    I just wish there were some short chant from our postseason runs of prior years that could be invoked to wake up the basketball gods and get them muttering amongst themselves... I don't know, maybe 6 words give or take? If only that existed it would remind me of 2013 and add a little mojo to a final month/postseason that - so far - has been just as unexpectedly good.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, CAP'N!

Speaking of mojo - and no offense to whoever does a great job with the pregame threads - but... who do I have to bribe/kill/marry/fork to get a genuine bona fide forevershockerfan pregame thread? Those things were instrumental during the great postseason runs of yesteryear.

It's mojo time, people. Start your engines, put on your game faces, and rewear your underwear if that's what you did back in 2013 and 2014.

Not that I did.

As far as you know.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    commented on 's reply
    Houston smoked Cinci by like 20 in the last game of the year @ Cinci. Gotta disagree on your assessment of Houston that but Cinci is tough too. Can anyone stop Cumberland?

• AndShock
    commented on 's reply
    The NCAA’s random waiver decisions kept us out of the tournament this year.

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    Did Ricky Torres play in the second half? Coach Marshall could be sending a message about his playing time.

If we were still in the MVC, he'd probably be a good player, but this is the AAC.
    Temple is a really bad matchup for Torres. They have multiple tall and quick guards. SHJ can deal with it due to his speed. Ricky doesn't have that advantage

Leave a comment:

• WichitaStateGuy
    replied
    Thoughts on what the line will open at for tomorrow’s game? Cinci -4.5?

Leave a comment:

• Dave Stalwart
    replied
    I know it’s the wrong metric now but rpi jumped to 69. Point being this team is hardly worse than some of our NCAA teams even if they don’t quite make it. This team is definitely not even an outlier when you look at it that way. If you are 69 without Shamet and Reeves, you were easily top 50 with them. Excellent job turning it around a finishing strong

Leave a comment:

• WichitaStateGuy
    commented on 's reply
    Again, the reffing, the clock operating, SHJ, inbounding... these things were definitively bad. You are right—I was surprised to see the rebounding advantage on the stat sheet, myself. Watching, it felt like we got out rebounded by 10. I take that one back.

• WuShock16
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, but that game wasn’t too taxing, so I don’t consider that to be much of a factor. Besides, I think people overestimate the effect of playing games on consecutive days. These guys are young. They’ll be fine. Whether it’s good enough to beat Cincinnati remains to be seen, but they won’t be dying of exhaustion. They’ll be ready to go.
Working...
X