No announcement yet.

L.S.U. - Post Game Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The difference maker against UAB will be Coach Marshall and his staff.

I promise you they have a plan in place for that game, and are hard at work at it today getting his players bought into how exactly it will work.

I watched many a superior Mike Davis team lose due to being out coached. UAB is not near as athletic as LSU, not better coached, but does play better as a team.

Should be an interesting game.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
      UAB is not near as athletic as LSU, not better coached, but does play better as a team.
      Maybe I'm misunderstaning you, but if UAB isn't as athletic as LSU, but plays better as a team, then wouldn't that mean they're better coached?

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
        UAB is not near as athletic as LSU, not better coached, but does play better as a team.
        Maybe I'm misunderstaning you, but if UAB isn't as athletic as LSU, but plays better as a team, then wouldn't that mean they're better coached?
        I meant that from what I have seen they are very unselfish. You can try to coach that, but these players seem to be that way naturally. Maybe Coach Davis has gotten off his high horse and will make adjustments instead of playing the same way all the time, but even when Varden was bailing them out against Kentucky, he was not creating plays, his team was making them. Just what I saw, and my own opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
          I meant that from what I have seen they are very unselfish. You can try to coach that, but these players seem to be that way naturally. Maybe Coach Davis has gotten off his high horse and will make adjustments instead of playing the same way all the time, but even when Varden was bailing them out against Kentucky, he was not creating plays, his team was making them. Just what I saw, and my own opinion.
          Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Re: L.S.U. - Post Game Comments

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
            1. On the post game show, Phil talked about Coach Marshall's nine non-negotiables and check marks. Does anyone know about this subject?

2. Call me crazy, but Ellis and Durley are getting more comfortable with each passing game. Durley is really gaining confidence.

3. Last night, I saw Durley sprint, yes, sprint down the floor. I have never seen him run that fast before. I was impressed.

4. My favorite play of the night was not PJ's throw down. Durley caught a pass down low. He spun to his right to put up a ball off the glass and the ball went neatly in the hole. However, Durley was called for a foul and the basket was called off. What impressed me was Durley's power, his quick decision to take the ball up, his nice touch off the glass, and the defensive man picking his @ss up off the floor. I thought the call could have gone either way, but my bud said it was a foul.

5. When I watch Griskenas, I swear if not for his shooting woes, he could be starting. For a white guy, he is really athletic. When I watch him, the word "glide" come to mind.

6. I was interested in the starting line-up last night because I was sure Coach Marshall would start who he considers his best players at their respective positions. Ellis started the last game for a specific purpose.

7. When tournament time rolls around, we will have a different line-up than last night. I am not gonna name names. I have one specific person in mind, who is not a starter, but will start in St. Louis.

8. You can tell by the ball release that the 3 ball shooting woes is affecting the players. I thought Mantas had the best form last night. PJ needs to shut it down for awhile. I swear, his shot gets more flat with each game. Last night, he shot two ugly balls. Overall, he was 0-3.

9. God help us, if Matt goes down. There is little doubt in mind that he is the MVP. No doubt. Not even a sliver.

10. My second most favorite play last night occurred when Ellis drove from the left side to the basket for a jam. It woulda, coulda, shoulda been a great throw down, but he was called for a foul. There is no way, he would have attempted that shot in previous games. His growth is in small increments, but he has a shot of being a very fine player.
            10. My second most favorite play last night occurred when Ellis drove from the left side to the basket for a jam. It woulda, coulda, shoulda been a great throw down, but he was called for a foul. There is no way, he would have attempted that shot in previous games. His growth is in small increments, but he has a shot of being a very fine player.
            I watched that play very intently as well RDR! It would have been glorious and is what I am hoping our 6'9" guard will be doing a lot of in the future. A 6'9" slasher that is effective would absolutely destroy Valley teams.

One thing you might have forgot to mention was the block by Durley on Randolph's jumper. That was absolutely sick considering Randolph is 6'10" and can absolutely sky because he is soooo thin. Durley has a lot more ups than people realize!!

Ohh it's a great day to be a Shocker!

T

...8)

Comment

So, no one knows anything about my item #1. Hard to believe I am the only one in Shocker Nation, who has ever heard of it.

I might need to change my brand of glue.

Comment

So, no one knows anything about my item #1. Hard to believe I am the only one in Shocker Nation, who has ever heard of it.

I might need to change my brand of glue.
                I heard it mentioned as you did on the radio, but all I know about it is what was mentioned on the radio.

Comment

Yes, Ricky I've heard the players mention Coach Marshall's non-negotiables before. I think I've heard Coach Marshall mention it before also. Thomasson didn't say there were nine in the post-game. I saw a interview with Matt Braeuer after the LSU game where he said there were four non-negotiables that Coach has. One was to play hard, one was to play smart, I don't remember the other two.

Basically the non-negotiables are things Coach Marshall expects out of his players regardless. Things they have total control over. The checklist comment might mean that after each game the coach goes over the non-negotiables with the team and checks off the ones where he thought they performed up to snuff. I don't have any inside information, I'm just going off of player and coach interviews I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShockFan
                    Yes, Ricky I've heard the players mention Coach Marshall's non-negotiables before. I think I've heard Coach Marshall mention it before also. Thomasson didn't say there were nine in the post-game. I saw a interview with Matt Braeuer after the LSU game where he said there were four non-negotiables that Coach has. One was to play hard, one was to play smart, I don't remember the other two.

Basically the non-negotiables are things Coach Marshall expects out of his players regardless. Things they have total control over. The checklist comment might mean that after each game the coach goes over the non-negotiables with the team and checks off the ones where he thought they performed up to snuff. I don't have any inside information, I'm just going off of player and coach interviews I've heard.
                    Thanks.

I thought Phil's comment implied each player has a check list, rather than a team check list.

I think I will ask Kennedy to ask Coach Marshall on the show next Monday.
                    Or is it Tuesday.

Comment

I think we should have had a foot race before the game. End line wind-sprint--up and back once----all of LSU players just sprint as fast as they can go---and MB will sprint while dribbling the rock all of the way. "On you mark--get set---bam---go-go-go----My money is on MB to beat them all while dribbling.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                      X