Wichita State vs Memphis Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jdb View Post
    The 2 blocking calls against Jaime were outrageous. A better description of those calls would be they were "flagrant!"

Comment

• I pointed out how I thought it was weird one or two of the refs were chatting it up and high-fiveing with some of the Memphis players during warmups.

Could just be coincidental, but what do I know.
      The Assman

Comment

• Late postscript....some of those Memphis seniors, notably Mr. Martin, looked a little older than normal seniors.

Comment

• FadedCrown
          FadedCrown commented
          Editing a comment
          So did Frankamp, some people are just unlucky.

• Honest question: Is Torres the worst shooter Marshall has ever had? I know that sounds hyperbolic, but man...everyone just leaves him alone. Shocks are playing 4 on 5 with him on the floor right now.

Comment

• Shock Top
          Shock Top commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s weird, considering he shot around 40% in JUCO last season.

• 1979Shocker
          1979Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          He's actually okay on offense, except for not being able to hit 3's. For the year, he's 3-38 (7.9%). As a reference, Rod Brown is 1-6 (16.7%). If RT could have been at 20% for the year, that would have been four more 3's made. Defenses would still have played off of him, but we probably would have had 2 more wins.

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
        Honest question: Is Torres the worst shooter Marshall has ever had? I know that sounds hyperbolic, but man...everyone just leaves him alone. Shocks are playing 4 on 5 with him on the floor right now.
        Reminds me when people said we were playing 3 on 5 last year with Kelly and Brown in the lineup.

Comment

• Anybody know what's the most points we ever gave up at home?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I hope I don't miss him. If I'm missing Mark, then we are in for another troublesome season...

T

...:cool:
            Two seemingly contradictory feelings can be true at the same time, Cold. Let go of the chains of resistance.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              True.

If Mark can make it to the Association he'll have no problem playing their style of ball. I'll be happy for him.

I'd just like to get back to what makes us special: Play Angry (we're gettin' there) and selflessness (seeing flashes).

T

...:cool:

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Anybody know what's the most points we ever gave up at home?
            Seems like it was like 120 to Drake in the 60s when they were actually nationally relevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Reminds me when people said we were playing 3 on 5 last year with Kelly and Brown in the lineup.
              While true. Brown was a 32% 3pt shooter last year. Kelly was bad at 11%, but Torres takes the cake at 7%

Comment

• shoxlax
                shoxlax commented
                Editing a comment
                Is the Torrres line the basketball version of the Mendoza line?

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              I pointed out how I thought it was weird one or two of the refs were chatting it up and high-fiveing with some of the Memphis players during warmups.

Could just be coincidental, but what do I know.
              That is just wrong. If you thought it was weird , it's because all your instincts for fairness was being challenged by what you were seeing. The refs should avoid even the appearance of being bias. This guy by his statements and actions should not be working games in the AAC. I hope he is not working games in the tournament in MEMPHIS.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

That is just wrong. If you thought it was weird , it's because all your instincts for fairness was being challenged by what you were seeing. The refs should avoid even the appearance of being bias. This guy by his statements and actions should not be working games in the AAC. I hope he is not working games in the tournament in MEMPHIS.
                I agree...but on the OTHER side of the coin, the tall ref shared a drink with Lynn at the watercooler.

Comment

Honest question: Is Torres the worst shooter Marshall has ever had? I know that sounds hyperbolic, but man...everyone just leaves him alone. Shocks are playing 4 on 5 with him on the floor right now.
                  At one time, we had Rod AND Ricky on the court at the same time...yikes!
                  I don't understand Ricky being so bad, except he NEVER shoots with his feet together, but I'm no shooting coach...

Comment

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good point. I think Rod Brown is the worst shooter in 3G/WSU history. Torres is 2nd worst, which is sad that we have 2 of the worst on the same team. The other 2 bad shooters I can recall are Rashard (who could at least get rebounds and putbacks) and Aaron Ellis (who developed a decent 10-12 footer his senior year).

• AndShock
                    AndShock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Rod Brown has the ugliest shot I’ve ever seen but I don’t know if he’s actually that bad of a shooter. Gregg seems fine with the 3s he takes and I think we ran an inbound play to get him a 3 against Memphis.

• He doesn't square up well but his release looks good. Hopefully he will make some team pay for
                  backing off him in a critical moment. Having said that it's his defense I have the biggest problem with.

Comment

Torres's shot never looks the same way twice. I'm not seeing a 1st team juco AA when I watch him play.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Torres's shot never looks the same way twice. I'm not seeing a 1st team juco AA when I watch him play.
                      Exactly...you know what I see? A kid afraid to play.....that he WOULD be happier at an SIU or such like...I feel bads for him because you CANNOT play well afraid(if I'm correct)

Comment

Working...
                      X