Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEMPHIS PREGAME TALK

NOTHING ?????

I was thinking of a good cheer for our students toward Penny...
    "We're not jealous!!!" "WE'RE NOT JEALOUS!!"

Ok, maybe a stretch....should be awesome tomorrow!!!

Lomax may think he made a poor choice....

Line Movements for Shockers vs Tigers provided by VegasInsider.com, along with more ncaab information for your sports gaming and betting needs.

Wichita State opens as 3.5+ Point Favorites .

Go Shockers!!!
    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; February 22, 2019, 04:32 PM.

Comment

"Wichita State seeks revenge on Memphis" - WTOP

By The Associated Press
      February 22, 2019 6:45 am

Memphis (16-11, 8-6) vs. Wichita State (13-12, 6-7) - Charles Koch Arena, Wichita, Kansas; Saturday, 8 p.m. EST

BOTTOM LINE: Memphis goes for the season sweep over Wichita State after winning the previous matchup in Memphis. The teams last met on Jan. 3, when the Tigers outshot Wichita State from the field 50 percent to 43.9 percent and made 19 more free throws en route to the 85-74 victory.

SUPER SENIORS: Memphis has benefited heavily from its seniors. Jeremiah Martin, Kyvon Davenport, Kareem Brewton Jr. and Raynere Thornton have collectively accounted for 59 percent of the team’s scoring this year and 71 percent of all Tigers points over the team’s last five games.

CREATING OFFENSE: Martin has either made or assisted on 51 percent of all Memphis field goals over the last three games. The senior guard has accounted for 31 field goals and 16 assists in those games.

WINLESS WHEN: Wichita State is 0-8 this year when it scores 62 points or fewer and 13-4 when it scores at least 63.

SHARING THE BURDEN: Memphis is a perfect 8-0 when at least five of its players score 10 or more points. The team is 8-11 when fewer than five Tigers players score in double-figures.

DID YOU KNOW: The Memphis offense has scored 82.1 points per game, the 22nd-highest figure in Division I. Wichita State has only averaged 69.8 points per game, which ranks 235th nationally.

Comment

• Topshock
        Topshock commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow that was really biased in a pro Memphis way.

"Memphis vs. Wichita State: Full game preview" - 247 Sports

By CHRISTIAN FOWLER
      Posted: 02/22/19, 10:00am cst

https://247sports.com/college/memphi...ew--129374131/

The Tigers are coming off their best performance of the season (granted against the worst team in the conference), but they will be on the road on Saturday night to take on Wichita State. When the two teams met earlier in the season, it was both the Tigers and the Shockers first American Athletic Conference game of the season, and Memphis won 85-74.

The Shockers have won five of their last six games with their lone loss coming to Cincinnati. In Wichita State's last game, they defeated Tulsa on the road by 21 points, which was something the Tigers failed to do when they went to Oklahoma to face the Golden Hurricane.

Memphis is 16-11 (8-6, AAC), so their last four games will be massive as far as momentum and seeding for the AAC Tournament. Wichita State has progressively played better all season, but Memphis matches up well against them and have proved that they can beat this team.

What to watch for:

Road performance turnaround- The Tigers have been dreadful on the road almost all season, but they looked much better in their last two games away from the FedExForum against ECU and UCF. Although they lost against the Knights, they were in the game the whole way and had a chance to win. If that game would've been on the schedule earlier in the season, I don't think Memphis would've been nearly as competitive.

So, it will be key to see if the Tigers have truly turned it around on the road. If they are able to go to Kansas and beat the Shockers – who are 9-3 at home this season – then maybe they have figured something out on the road.

The biggest key to beating Wichita State is slowing down Markis McDuffie. In the two teams first meeting, McDuffie had 19 points and five boards, but it was not enough to beat Memphis. If McDuffie has the same stat line in a home game for the Shockers, then I'm not so sure the Tigers will be able to come back home with a win.

Jeremiah Martin's performance- At one point this season, it simply looked like Martin would not work in first year head coach Penny Hardaway's system. After a meeting between the two and a switch that has allowed Martin to run the floor on offense, the senior guard is playing the best basketball of his career.
      4COMMENTS
      Over the last six games, Martin is averaging 29.6 points per game and he is shooting lights out. He is playing with a completely different confidence, and he has put the team on his back countless times.

Memphis needs their best player to continue playing like the best player in the conference if they want to finish the season strong and make a run in the AAC Tournament.

Comment

Penny's Shoes - 65
        Marshall's Wrist Flick - 78

Go Shockers!!!

:poster_wu::kiwi-fruit: :watermelon: :strawberry::poster_wu:

Comment

Penny? Memphis got what they paid for.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Will Lomax get booed? That’s the question.
            The Assman

Comment

• Shock Top
              Shock Top commented
              Editing a comment
              In jest or in seriousness*

• 60Shock
              60Shock commented
              Editing a comment
              Our Coach showed Class, let's hope our fans do likewise.

Comment

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              Guess I didn't get that from the quote, Cold.

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              My prior post was utilizing extreme sarcasm.

Here's my real prediction:

After Mark's "lackluster" performance in Tulsa, look for him to set a new personal shot attempts record as he puts on a show for the retired NBA superstar from Memphis.

T

...:cool:

• Dan
              Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              I don’t see McDuffie the same way. I think he has a tendency to think he can score whenever he wants but it takes 3G beating him over the head in film session what a good and bad shot is. I truly think he’s more concerned with wins than stats. The Tulsa game was a perfect example of what we need from McDuffie, which is rebounding and taking open shots.

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Will Lomax get booed? That’s the question.
            I sure the heck hope not. He had about as valid of a reason he could have had to get a release.

Comment

• Stickboy46
              Stickboy46 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nah, something pretty big changed that wasn't there when he committed. That's different than Austin.

• 1979Shocker
              1979Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              The best reason I heard as to why Austin transferred is that he didn't want to play the point.

• shockerfanmas
              shockerfanmas commented
              Editing a comment
              As far as AR goes, I've heard the same story from several people that are supposedly in the know. I won't share it on here, but if anybody wants the scoop, feel free to message me

1999 Pennies- 67

Wheat Pennies- 83
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

If the Shox that have won 5 of 6 show up, they win.

if the Shox that started conference play show up, Memphis wins

Comment

My only fear this game matches Cold’s. That McDuffie tries to put on a show or carry the team depending on how you feel about his motivations. The fact that volume scorer Jeremiah Martin will be on the other side makes me fear Duff will try to answer shot for shot. If that happens we are more likely to lose. If we play a team game we are more likely to win.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• proshox
                  proshox commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jeezus

• ShockTalk
                  ShockTalk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Perhaps those that are concerned about this could notify the basketball office the importance of this so they can pass this info on. While your at it, notify Taylor of your concerns prior to the game so if it happens, he can publicly say even the fans knew this could happen and that HCGM wouldn't do anything about it because you contacted the basketball office. While your at it, anyone who is really concerned this will be the cause of us losing, can all call in, and blurt it out before they cut you off and Kennedy will also be responsible if he doesn't tell HCGM prior to the game.

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                My only fear this game matches Cold’s. That McDuffie tries to put on a show or carry the team depending on how you feel about his motivations. The fact that volume scorer Jeremiah Martin will be on the other side makes me fear Duff will try to answer shot for shot. If that happens we are more likely to lose. If we play a team game we are more likely to win.
                I'm not too concerned about that if the team starts well and the good play from the Tulsa game carries over. But if our young guys struggle early the seniors may well think they will have to carry the team.

Comment

There are a lot of stupidity going around. The roller coaster may take a downward turn because they don’t continue to play well. But this team is only interested in winning. The way to do it just may not have gone from short term memory to long term memory. During the last game there wasn’t an iota of selfishness. But if things go bad it won’t be because of bad character. This is a fine bunch of kids. Even when they play well, the fans who have character issues still come out. It’s pathetic.

Comment

84 to 67 WSU
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                    X