Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    We ****ing own Tulsa.
    IIRC, last time they beat us was not long after we invaded Iraq following 9/11. Our current freshman would be - what - potty training? Maybe? Brittany, Backstreet Boyzzz, and NSync would have been rocking kids car radios.

It’s been a spell.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
      Shocker Mama commented
      Editing a comment
      I think they beat us once when FVV was hurt.

• WSUwatcher
      WSUwatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct, Mama. Fred was hurt and a non-factor in the second half that night, and Shamet was just about to be shut down for the season.

That was the Final Four that got away, what with FVV limited almost all year, Shamet lost to the foot problem, Baker worn out from having to do too much, and the big free agent pickup Anton Grady fortunate even to survive the season.

• ShockingButTrue
      ShockingButTrue commented
      Editing a comment
      The team that beat us without FVV was also a tournament team I might add.

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
    Utah State has a Shockerlike fan base and good student section
    Their student section destroys ours.

Comment

• BOBB
      BOBB commented
      Editing a comment
      A lot of Osmond horse teeth in that crowd.

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

IIRC, last time they beat us was not long after we invaded Iraq following 9/11. Our current freshman would be - what - potty training? Maybe? Brittany, Backstreet Boyzzz, and NSync would have been rocking kids car radios.

It’s been a spell.
    That's so good.

Buuuuut, Fred and Ron's senior year, they got us in Tulsa, when Fred was hobbled. That's the only one since then though.

Still straight ownage.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that was the game Landry was injured and knocked him out for the season

• SHOCKvalue
      SHOCKvalue commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry. Conflated home record versus overall. They haven’t beat us at home since then, which basically has no context to tonight.

Derp.

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dan, no he played in the emporia State game that happened after that Tulsa game. He did foul out in 10 min though

• It’ll be so sweet if we hand Penny and the Tigers a beat down and humble them on Saturday. Houston should be able to take care of USF and really help us in the standings. Might be far fetched, but maybe Temple runs into some bad luck and we’ll have a shot to finish even higher in the standings. Going to be a fun end to the regular season (hopefully). I’m so ready to lose my voice on Saturday.

Comment

• Let me just say that it is great fun to go into someone else's gym and watch their fans leaving early.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Memphis isn't going to leave us wide open like that. They are far too athletic to do that.

Comment

• Great overall game. Probably some of the best passing we’ve had all year. Dexter was on fire tying the freshman record for 3s. SHJ great game, Stevenson was solid. Echenigue missed a few bunnies but overall his best game in a few weeks. The freshmen are coming along, there wasn’t a hangover after the Cincinnati game and a road win on top of that. Saturday’s game will be huge and I know the crowd will be pumped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
            It’ll be so sweet if we hand Penny and the Tigers a beat down and humble them on Saturday. Houston should be able to take care of USF and really help us in the standings. Might be far fetched, but maybe Temple runs into some bad luck and we’ll have a shot to finish even higher in the standings. Going to be a fun end to the regular season (hopefully). I’m so ready to lose my voice on Saturday.
            5th place is absolutely in reach.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              The way the conference tournament is set up with 5-12 playing on opening day and ECU and Tulane pretty well locked in at the bottom, either 5th or 6th should be a reasonable landing spot. It would sure help if the Shocks can take care of business at home and at Tulane and finish 10-8 in the league. Need to start with Memphis this weekend.

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Memphis isn't going to leave us wide open like that. They are far too athletic to do that.
            I could be wrong, but I don't Menphis plays a zone defense. So you make a good point. I certainly hope we rebound better. The last game their point guard led with 10 rebounds. That is just wrong.

Comment

• Penny can’t coach

Comment

• Few thoughts as a just finished watching the game on DVR:

1. DD and SHJ were amazing tonight. When Samaje gets rid of that Coach Eck Juco street ball mentality and plays the way he was coached at East High, he is one of the best players in the conference, without a doubt.

2. Defensive rebounding was atrocious. Gotta get better on the boards.

3. Too many missed lay-ups, uncontested. IMO, 1 uncontested missed lay-up is 1 too many.

4. AAC officials as a whole are not good. We've had a few good ones this season. Pat Adams comes to mind and a few others. That being said, I've seen a lot worse.

5. The bigs aren't helping themselves by not understanding the principle of verticality and staying straight up. I agreed with several of the fouls in the post. I think things will be better in that department next season.

6. This team has the potential to go on a late season run and put themselves in position for the postseason. I think they have to win the AAC tournament to get an NCAA bid. The NIT is a possibility as is the CBI. It all comes down to consistency at this point. The schedule is favorable, but can this young team keep up the good play? I hope so.

Comment

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post
                  Penny can’t coach
                  Thankfully for Memphis (and bad for us Saturday) is all their good players are seniors and were coached very well by Tubby

Comment

• What a great game for my first roadie! DD was just a stud tonight. He played well in all phases of the game. He has learned to play D with his feet and that is giving him the chance to sharpen his O. He shot the ball with confidence and rhythm.

Our guards were exceptional in their passing. Hitting the post early and often, the drive and dish, and the our shooters hitting the open shots. The seniors led without having to have the ball in their hands. MM played very good D all night. SHJ let the game come to him and didn’t force. Then he hit the wide open shots. I thought his D was not very good tonight, but I will reserve final judgement until I watch the replay.

The bigs did pretty well. AM needs to stop going for the impossible block. When the player does miss, there is no one to block out his man. He can get plenty of blocks. Concentrate on those. I was very happy overall with the play of our 5s. They are young and progressing.

Loved seeing ES hitting some shots on the road. Maybe he has turned the corner with all the extra time in the gym. His hustle is great and he isn’t afraid to put his body on the line.

This is was an outstanding team effort. Tulsa is generally a tough team at home and we just flat dismantled them. I LOVE beating Tulsa!!!

Great job Shocks. Now let’s go and kick some .01 butt!!’
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

• I like Penny Hardaway. Always have. I hope he has a very successful coaching career. That being said, I hope the Shox crush them like they crushed Tulsa tonight

Comment

• bighouse
                        bighouse commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hope he never wins another game in his life, he is a *****.

• Some comments on the crowd that I didn’t make earlier. Where were the Tulsa fans? They should be embarrassed by that turn out. They are at least competitive, especially at home, and that was just a poor showing by the fans. The arena was no more than half full. Poor effort Tulsa fans. I will say though, that every person I had interaction with were very nice people.

Shocker Nation traveled well and were into the game. I will be making this trip yearly from now on. Have I mentioned before that I LOVE beating Tulsa? Well I do!!!!
                      Go Shocks!

Comment

• WuDrWu
                        WuDrWu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Shocker fans on the road are fantastic. It is a unique experience.

• wusphlash
                        wusphlash commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Solo Tulsa fan sitting in front of us was very complimentary of Shocker fans and how we traveled so well even in a down year. Nice guy. Didn't come back to his seat for the second half. Pretty sure he moved to a more Tulsa friendly zone.
                    Working...
                    X