No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Tulsa Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My internal list has dropped to one, as far as guys currently using a scholly that might need to move on after this year. And more and more I’m not even 100% sold on that one.

Good thing for our program right now and for the three seasons moving forward; very bad thing as of about April 2022.

Not that I’m a prophet, or that Marshall is asking me, or anything like that.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you really expect us to believe that Marshall isn't asking you for guidance? Come on were not hat gullible.

• SHOCKvalue
      SHOCKvalue commented
      Editing a comment
      Program would be in very deep do-doo if that were the case.

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    My internal list has dropped to one, as far as guys currently using a scholly that might need to move on after this year. And more and more I’m not even 100% sold on that one.

Good thing for our program right now and for the three seasons moving forward; very bad thing as of about April 2022.

Not that I’m a prophet, or that Marshall is asking me, or anything like that.
    I'm certainly not paid for my basketball insight, but I would still not be surprised if DD is cashing checks to play basketball in the next four years. Throw in a sophomore redshirt for Udeze, IPBC, or Burton, and all of a sudden that class is a lot more manageable.

All that said, if you give me even odds, I definitely suspect someone leaves the program. Not that I have anyone in mind, but just because that's how it seems to work every year.

Comment

• If WSU has the opportunity to "upgrade" it will. That is just how high level programs are run.

There is no way GM is flying around the country telling 4 star recruits WSU will take them "if" someone decides to leave.
      Last edited by Topshock; February 21, 2019, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I do wish I had your enthusiasm and outlook. A 20 point win at Tulsa is a one game event. Our fans have been tricked before thinking we have turned the corner. I believe we are inching our way to improvement. We still have a team that is still figuring itself out, which means the REAL PROBABILITY is not going 5-0. I may be spending money on several steak dinners, but I owe you one for sure if we go 5-0 (which I wouldn't mind paying up on). Plus, if we go 5-0 I want you to give me other life tips!
        Keep in mind that we are actually 10-1 in games where we were favored this year (with the only loss being the season opener). By most models we should be favored in every game remaining except at SMU. Memphis, SMU, and UCONN are all close margins (although the stats models don't fully account for UCONN's injuries).
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• We shoot and MAKE like yesterday...along with high intensity...we go undefeated until the brackets are announced on Selection Sunday.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
            If WSU has the opportunity to "upgrade" it will. That is just how high level programs are run.

There is no way GM is flying around the county telling 4 star recruits WSU will take them "if" someone decides to leave.
            Agree. I suspect two spots open up if the recruits are there to be signed.

Comment

• Is there a link to listen to yesterday's game--Mike and Dave?

Comment

• I'd hope GGG wouldn't want anyone on a young frontline of AM, IPBC, Udeze, Mittgard, DD, and Teddy Allen to transfer, though obviously it's not his call. That's some big-time potential.

The only conflict I actually see going forward is at the small forward position, which will be manned by two sophs in DD and Teddy Allen (Gordon redshirt?)... Someone's 'gon be sittin'.

Comment

• pinstripers
                  pinstripers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  and who would you think plays big forward?

• Dan
                  Dan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think Gordon is a 4. He’s basically a McDuffie clone with more athletism

• I think TA is more of a power forward. I am hoping DG gains an inch and 15 pounds and makes
                a nice flex 3/4 who can back up DD and ES on the wings and TA at the four.

Comment

• Emig if I remember right was the dude that kind of got the ball rolling during the mid-90s with either 1410 or 1480 turned the station to all sports at the time. I remember him doing a lot of HS football games.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                    Is there a link to listen to yesterday's game--Mike and Dave?
                    Here is the link to previous games.

Comment

Working...
                    X