Wichita State at Cincinnati Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My observations:

-One bad stretch to end the half did the team in. Other than that it was a decent effort on the road against a very good team.

-Seth Greenberg is obviously friends with Cronin. Get a room, jeez.

-Cumberland is a punk.

-SHJ does nothing to get the ball in to the post. It’s so frustrating.

-Awesome game from Dennis.

Comment

• I thought we played a pretty good game defensively.

Our offense became a mess when we couldn't take advantage of mismatches by passing it into the post. When we couldn't crack their switching defense, we were anemic on offense.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Passing is what beat us in this game. I liked how we never gave up though.
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Not having AAC level guard talent is what lost the game. I’m thinking Cumberland scored twice as many points as our four guards (SHJ, RT, JB, and ES) combined. He scored at will on our guards.

Comment

• shock
            shock commented
            Editing a comment
            Experience and talent are not the same thing

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            You mean like "Cumberland has 2 times the D-I experience of all 4 of our guards combined" not the same thing?

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            Perhaps both experience and talent are involved. There can be a mix of both. Cumbrland's natural size and strength certainly come into play and no doubt have been enhanced by experience. Perhaps simply part of his talent.

• Paul Suellentrop Retweeted

Wichita State MBB
          @GoShockersMBB
          3h3 hours ago More

Stat of the Day:
          Wichita State's Dexter Dennis (14 pts, 13 reb at Cincy) posted the first double-double by a Shocker freshman in 11 years. J.T. Durley was the last to do it. Dennis' 13 boards were the most for a rookie since Jamar Howard (Dec. 2001). #watchus | @wsu_aftershocks

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
            My observations:

-One bad stretch to end the half did the team in. Other than that it was a decent effort on the road against a very good team.

-Seth Greenberg is obviously friends with Cronin. Get a room, jeez.

-Cumberland is a punk.

-SHJ does nothing to get the ball in to the post. It’s so frustrating.

-Awesome game from Dennis.
            Cumberland is a punk I'd like to have 5 of.....

Comment

• WuShock16
              WuShock16 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, he's pretty much a grown-@$$ man. I too would take multiple hims on our squad.

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              Coach Marshall mentioned on the coaches show that Cincinnati plays 'nasty' and he wants us to play the same. Not play dirty, but 'nasty'. He kept walking by JE on the bench and threw in a few comments about how nasty Cincinnati was playing. JE went back in and started rebounding like a madman... coach Marshall pushed the right buttons.

Play Nasty = Play Angry

• shockrah
              shockrah commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll take 5 McDuffies, If just to watch Mick's anti-duff defense implode!

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Cumberland is a punk I'd like to have 5 of.....
            Meh...

Comment

• 150946shox
              150946shox commented
              Editing a comment
              Cumberland is a great college basketball player. Every Shocker fan would love him if he were here.

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Meh...
            I understand 'meh', but I ALSO think, his 'scowls' for THEM we would see as 'intensity' for US

Comment

Working...
            X