Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really don't get the "crowd was small" comments. I seemed to notice about the same amount of pockets of empty seats around the arena, but was still mostly full. Also didn't think the crowd was "bad" either. For a comfortable win against Tulane, I think it was just fine.

Also I must mention that even though we're having our worst year in a decade, these games are still much more fun than your typical Valley blowouts game in and game out. I'm still enjoying the ride.

Comment

• shoxlax
      shoxlax commented
      Editing a comment
      My line about Hartman was part sarcasm on the “crowd size” comments and part reference to the heckler. That’s probably all that needs to be said by me.

• I will say 3G was angry from the beginning of the game. I usually have to guess what he is saying to players, Saturday i could hear exactly what he was saying. Someone peed in his Cheerios from moment one and it never went away.

Comment

• Did anyone else notice the video board during the National Anthem . . .

Last line read, "and the home of the brave?"

With the question mark in there, is someone trying to make a political statement or just being sloppy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
      Did anyone else notice the video board during the National Anthem . . .

With the question mark in there, is someone trying to make a political statement or just being sloppy?
      The final line is a question:

”Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
      O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?”
      There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
        Did anyone else notice the video board during the National Anthem . . .

Neither, that’s in the official lyrics to the song.

Comment

• Didn't see any of the GM/fan drama on the television broadcast. Marshall looked the most angry after ES passed up an open 3 to drive and get stuffed by three defenders.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I think his new contacts/lasik is bothering him...

Comment

• I doubt it.
              Last edited by GnoMe; 6 days ago.

Comment

• 12eagle
                12eagle commented
                Editing a comment
                Interesting

• Shockm
                Shockm commented
                Editing a comment
                For all we know, he may be one of our esteemed Shockernetters. Now who is critical of Coach on here?

• Originally posted by GnoMe View Post
              He was known by Gregg very well. Tickets have nothing to do with his former ability to carry a jockstrap. He is a little man that does that crap all the time. Gregg is justified. He is a classical example of a narcissistic little man syndrome.
              Gregg,

Long time listener, first time caller here. I'm a huge fan of yours. I love what you've done with the team, and I think we can all agree they are trending in the right direction. I just have a quick question about free throws, and I'll take my answer off air.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by GnoMe View Post
                He was known by Gregg very well. Tickets have nothing to do with his former ability to carry a jockstrap. He is a little man that does that crap all the time. Gregg is justified. He is a classical example of a narcissistic little man syndrome.
                I didn’t know Gottlieb was at the game.

Comment

• Comment

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment

• ShockerFever
                    ShockerFever commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'd hate him too if he owned your team.

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Outforfun is right. We all hate those 7 consecutive NCAA appearances. We really hate the F4 and S16's. We especially hate the 78-65 beatdown of another school in Kansas. It's amazing that WSU fans haven't insisted that he be fired with all the hatred he's generated among the fans. Hateful! Hateful! Hateful!

• Kinda weird to hear K-State fans disparage our NCAA tourney successes after we have been there 7 years in a row with a sweet sixteen and final four mixed in, and if we miss this year it is only because we had a massive amount of player turnover with one of those being a sophomore who went to the NBA. I don't think there is any way the Kitties go 7 years in a row. In fact, they will struggle next year in my opinion.
                  Last edited by Woodrow; 6 days ago.
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• I think we gone 7 years in a row.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita State:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Woodrow
                      Woodrow commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Good catch. ESPN info didn't include last year. Fixed.

• Two years ago, any K-State fan would have taken Gregg over Weber. Weber has probably converted some of them with his recent performance. Nonetheless, I bet most of those posters would take Gregg in a heartbeat. If they want to perform some mental gymnastics to convince themselves otherwise then good for them.

Comment

• No, they wouldn't trade for Gregg now.

Comment

Working...
                    X