X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is some of there quotes:

It sounds pretty loud in there.
    damn.. they are sold out..
    ****, looks like they will implement full court pressure from the beginning...
    Jeez its loud in there. They definitely have a big crowd. We're ice cold.
    the shockers keep getting worse and worse, the tigers win big.
    As bad as there playing this game is very close. We'll start playing better and take this game over.
    13-12 LSU....i dont think you guys know how bad this team is that LSU is playing. They cant shoot for shite. Been like that all year.
    Playing like shite against an inferior team...
    QUIT PASSING IT AROUND THE frickING PERIMETER FOR 25 SECONDS THEN JACKING UP shite. SKFHSDFSD'
    Wichita State fans >>>>>>>> LSU fans
    good God, this has disaster written all over it...
    Halftime, 27-20 WSU.
    This is bad.
    We started so confident that we should win this game and now we have to fight to make it look close.
    They are getting lay ups everytime. This is pathetic. There not even playing defense.
    When does baseball start?
    Two WSU offensive rebounds, they finally score, 48-30 WSU.
    Just got in....WTF happened tonight? WSU is not supposed to be near as good this year as they were the past two seasons and lately I've been pretty impressed with the Tigers.
    i hope we never play wichita state when i am an old arse man. i dread having to explain to my grandkids how wichita fricking state beat us two years in a row.

Comment

I don't blame them one bit for their meltdown. Frankly I was not that impressed with LSU. At least from what I saw tonight they are not very physical and did not hustle.

Comment

Thanks for the quotes SB, I found a few more I liked on that same LSU thread:

Quote:

"From what I read earlier, every game was sold out before the start of the regular season. No doubt they will be AMPED with a major school in town!"

Quote:

"well it is a b ball school shoe"

Quote:

"ehhh, I guess... they aren't exactly known as a powerhouse, even on the mid-najor level. I'd say they are a baseball school first. still sad that they have a better fan following than us. "

And some other quotes from different threads on the same message board:

Quote:

"Tonite was a horrible performance, no doubt about. Some young players and inexperienced players just did not handle playing in a hostile environment before a vociferous crowd. But, look around the country. This type of game is being experienced by many of the traditional powers. There might be a few more night lie this, but this team has a good upside and we will begin to see it in about a month. Until them hang on for a wild ride."

Quote:

"I think Brady is a decent coach. Half of these LSU fans have no clue what the frick they're talking about when they blame everything on Brady, but frick it. If firing him will get us a crowd like Wichita State's, then I'm all for it."

At least they are giving our fans some respect. :goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3
          Thanks for the quotes SB, I found a few more I liked on that same LSU thread:

Quote:

"I think Brady is a decent coach. Half of these LSU fans have no clue what the frick they're talking about when they blame everything on Brady, but frick it. If firing him will get us a crowd like Wichita State's, then I'm all for it."

At least they are giving our fans some respect. :goshocks:
          i like that last one. we're making a good impression one game at a time.
          veni, vidi, vici

Comment

I hope they keep Brady for a few more years.

Comment

You can just hear the disgust in this quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              wichita state....just...emptied...their bench on us.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                Originally posted by ShockerFever
                This win and last year's win comfortably pays their aces back for baseball in 91 and 93.

Wow, typical backhanded comments from most of 'em.

If we're soo bad, then they must be beyond horrible - which they are.
                Sorry but 100 straight wins over LSU would not be enough for the lost National Championships in 1991 and 1993.
                I completely agree with this statement, Spangler. We should have 3 National Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
                  I hope they keep Brady for a few more years.
                  As does the rest of the SEC

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock
                    You can just hear the disgust in this quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    wichita state....just...emptied...their bench on us.
                    I had no idea William Shatner was an LSU fan!

Comment

I was a little bummed that we didn't actually empty the bench late though.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                        I was a little bummed that we didn't actually empty the bench late though.
                        You must've missed the final 3 minutes where our near 30 point lead disappeared to 20 and in the final minute our 20 point lead shrunk to 16 in a matter of seconds. It would've been cut down to 10 or single digits if our bench got emptied and would have been an injustice to the final score.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Not even the bench could have blown it. In the last minute of so we were up 16-18. There's no way LSU was going to make that up. In a game like that I think it would be great to let the end of the bench finish up.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

A Request for a poster on Tiger Rant

A poster (Ray Finkle) on http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/M...p=6552372&Pg=2 wrote:
                            Does Wichita State even have a football team?
                            If not, the locals need something else to cheer for.

I would be grateful if you would report back to Tiger Rant with the following information:

#7 in attendance nationally for volleyball
                            6122 for the Missouri State vs. Wichita State match
                            6024 for the Kansas State vs. Wichita State match

WICHITA, Kan. ? Three Wichita State baseball student-athletes have been named to the 2008 National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association Preseason All-America team. Junior third baseman Conor Gillaspie was named to the second team, while senior starting pitcher Rob Musgrave and junior starting pitcher Aaron Shafer were both named to the third team.

WICHITA, Kan. ? Wichita State has increased its capacity at sold out Eck Stadium-Home of Tyler Field for the 2007 NCAA Baseball Wichita Super Regional that will bring the daily attendance figure to a new sold out stadium record of 8,153, Director of Athletics Jim Schaus announced today.

After more than a 10-year drought, Wichita State?clinched a regional championship by defeating Arizona, 3-0, Monday night at Eck Stadium.
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                              Not even the bench could have blown it. In the last minute of so we were up 16-18. There's no way LSU was going to make that up. In a game like that I think it would be great to let the end of the bench finish up.
                              i think the last guys on the bench would have been overwhelmed with there athleticsm because they were still going after it when they made that spurt at the end. I think greg would have put those guys in if LSU had shown that they werent going to force the issue. I think he made the right call in not playing them.

Comment

Re: A Request for a poster on Tiger Rant

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                                A poster (Ray Finkle) on http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/M...p=6552372&Pg=2 wrote:
                                Does Wichita State even have a football team?
                                If not, the locals need something else to cheer for.

I would be grateful if you would report back to Tiger Rant with the following information:

#7 in attendance nationally for volleyball
                                6122 for the Missouri State vs. Wichita State match
                                6024 for the Kansas State vs. Wichita State match

WICHITA, Kan. ? Three Wichita State baseball student-athletes have been named to the 2008 National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association Preseason All-America team. Junior third baseman Conor Gillaspie was named to the second team, while senior starting pitcher Rob Musgrave and junior starting pitcher Aaron Shafer were both named to the third team.

WICHITA, Kan. ? Wichita State has increased its capacity at sold out Eck Stadium-Home of Tyler Field for the 2007 NCAA Baseball Wichita Super Regional that will bring the daily attendance figure to a new sold out stadium record of 8,153, Director of Athletics Jim Schaus announced today.

http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...&ATCLID=921342

LSU fans barely care about basketball. They only care about baseball when they are good. They certainly don't care about Volleyball.

Comment

Working...
                                X