No announcement yet.

The Basketball Tournament - Wichita Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a league, or a country, or a planet where they use the Elam ending?
    The lack of officiating is really hard to watch, for me.
    For the past 15 years I have learned that it is defense and teamwork that wins games.
    We need more scoring? Are you kidding me?
    Wild guess? Not all will return.

Comment

• The thing I don’t like about the Elam ending is that in a 36 min game you are giving up way too much of a running clock. Change the rules on intentional fouling if you don’t like it, but don’t take away the need to press and gamble. That’s part of basketball. Teams won’t normally press under the Elam ending because a) it takes some practice time but b) it’s the safe play to run halfcourt defense. I dislike steering the game that direction.

Anyway just me one cent on the matter.
      Last edited by shoxlax; July 28, 2019, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• 1979Shocker
        1979Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        The Elam Ending is making the assumption that the team leading at the 4-minute mark is only going to score 8 more points, or 2 points per minute if the 4 minutes was allowed to play out. That's 72 points for a 36-minute game or 64 points for the first 32 minutes.

• My problem with the Elam is the likelihood of a game ending on FTs. This causes two possible issues; the game ending on a bad call or the refs swallowing their whistles. I’m just imagining seeing VCU bracket buster endings all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        My problem with the Elam is the likelihood of a game ending on FTs. This causes two possible issues; the game ending on a bad call or the refs swallowing their whistles. I’m just imagining seeing VCU bracket buster endings all the time.
        Couldn’t This happen anytime Elam Ending or not?

Comment

• If a Tulsa team or OU team were in our regional, it would help the crowd

Comment

• What’s the attendance today?
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• ShockerDropOut
              ShockerDropOut commented
              Editing a comment
              My unofficial estimate is around 2k, but I thought there were at least 8k for the Aftershocks first game

• Maizerunner08
              Maizerunner08 commented
              Editing a comment
              Probably hardly anyone. After SLC acted like jack wagons, they aren’t going to get any support from this community.

• Looks like Sideline shot their wad yesterday.

Comment

• Marquette actually plays D.
              Go Shocks!

Comment

• Not watching the game but looks like Cancer is missing shots today. I guess our D was really that piss poor.

Comment

• MU gets after it pretty good. Our D was no where near this level.
                  Go Shocks!

Comment

• MU even broke out a full court press. Not just token pressure either, very active.
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

• Wonder what the attendance will be like next weekend? I heard one of the tourney spokespersons was discussing bringing the last weekend here with some of our fans
                      Last edited by shoxlax; July 28, 2019, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Wonder what the attendance will be like next weekend? I heard one of the tourney spokespersons was discussing bringing the entire tourney here with some of our fans
                        With nothing to go on other than what I’ve seen this year, that probably wouldn’t be a horrible idea. Of course as today’s attendance shows, if a local team isn’t involved, it might not be that well attended in Wichita anymore so than anywhere else. But I’d give this fan base more credit than any other.

Comment

• I looked for 2018 final attendance in Baltimore and it wasn’t listed in the box score, but the year before it was listed as as 2,465. Again in Baltimore
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Couldn’t This happen anytime Elam Ending or not?
                            Yes, but who cares if it happens when you’re down 10 with 2 seconds left because you have 0% chance of coming back. I would care if it causes the game to end, which it does with Elam because it ruins your chance at a comeback, even if that chance is 1%.

Comment

Working...
                            X