No announcement yet.

The Basketball Tournament - Wichita Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don’t know if this has been referenced anywhere, but one of the best things I saw last night was a tweet from an Iowa United fan that was something on the order of “IU just got lit up by the 45 year old pale guy from the Y!”

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

This game also gave our current new players an experience of what it is like to play in Koch . And as Coach M has said in the past losing is not something we accept or tolerate here. Play angry.
      Speaking of that, I was looking as best I could on TV, but did anyone spot any of our current crop of Shockers?

Comment

• ShockerDropOut
        ShockerDropOut commented
        Editing a comment
        JE was in the house. Crazy Shocker fans are not new to him though!

• 12eagle
        12eagle commented
        Editing a comment
        Majority of the team if not all the team was there.

• Wuzee
        Wuzee commented
        Editing a comment
        I've heard that the current players were having a blast -- especially the new guys who hadn't experienced the Koch Arena crowd before. You may color them hyped.

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

Speaking of that, I was looking as best I could on TV, but did anyone spot any of our current crop of Shockers?
      A bunch of them posted social media videos and photos from the game. They were lower bowl bench side somewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
        I want to give a shout out to the band! Well done!!!!
        Thanks, we had fun! It wasn’t just a bunch of old guys who hadn’t dusted off there cases in 10 years. The band was a lot like the team. Guys who graduated and have gone on to successful professional careers in music.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          You did a great job.

• Bluzrover
          Bluzrover commented
          Editing a comment
          Great job! You even got a shout out from Fran on national TV!

• ShockerDropOut
          ShockerDropOut commented
          Editing a comment
          Just awesome! Let everyone know how much we appreciate all of you.

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

Several were sitting near the bottom of section 119
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Pretty much the whole current roster was there.
          The Assman

Comment

• Bluzrover
            Bluzrover commented
            Editing a comment
            I would have expected to see them there, it just never was obvious watching from the comfort of my couch!

• WuDrWu
            WuDrWu commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd have to think about who I didn't see...….I did not see AM. May have seen everyone else.

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            I think AM might be back home in Helsingor… probably coming back soon.

• Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

Thanks, we had fun! It wasn’t just a bunch of old guys who hadn’t dusted off there cases in 10 years. The band was a lot like the team. Guys who graduated and have gone on to successful professional careers in music.
            The bass player with the Fred-Flinstone-Water-Buffalo-Lodge-looking hat cracked me up.
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
              I want to give a shout out to the band! Well done!!!!
              Agree one could make a pretty easy argument that the game atmosphere was way better than actual shocker games. Limited promotions, more band playing beat the hell out of you, less corporate crowd. Was a good time

Comment

• Wuzee
                Wuzee commented
                Editing a comment
                Very similar to the FSU NIT game. Everybody in the building bought a ticket and really wanted to be there.

• I live out of town now, so most of my game viewing is on TV. Growing up in Wichita I have always followed the Shockers and have a sense of pride about where I came from. Last night was definitely one of those moments. To see the town come out and support those guys like that, was an awesome thing to see .

Comment

• Bluzrover
                Bluzrover commented
                Editing a comment
                Totally agree with this. There was nothing embarrassing about that!

• Is anyone trying to rid themselves of tickets for Saturday and or Sunday sessions? Thought I’d ask here before I hit up goshockers.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• RoyalShock
                RoyalShock commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm just trying to get mine. Bought online three hours ago, chose print-at-home option. Have yet to receive the e-mail.

• I just got decent seats from the ticket office.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                Tonight's attendance without AfterShocks playing will cement future hosting. Even 4,000 would be beyond fantastic.
                Well, that didn't take long!

Comment

• Anybody at the Roundhouse for friday games? Update?

Comment

• Watching on ESPN. Golden Eagles all over Fort Hood in front of slightly less of a crowd than last night.

Comment

Working...
                    X