No announcement yet.

The Basketball Tournament - Wichita Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Kennedy has done a great job as usual. And I always think Fran is great.

Comment

• Frankcamp jesus
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• That was fun. Looking forward to Saturday!

Comment

• I think I prefer the TBT game experience over our real games.

Comment

• Way fun to watch! Great win!
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
              Fouling to force Elam is dumb. You want the ball first.
              I am not following your line of thinking. Maybe you’re ahead of me but logically, one would want to be on top by more points when they shut down the clock. So a timeout or foul would accomplish it if a team has a foul to give without free throws. Am I right? Maybe I’m missing something.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                You're right. The correct move was to get Elam started asap if you're ahead.

• That was a blast!
              And not just from the past.

Comment

• I didn't see what happened to Perry Ellis. What happened? What's the injury?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I am not following your line of thinking. Maybe you’re ahead of me but logically, one would want to be on top by more points when they shut down the clock. So a timeout or foul would accomplish it if a team has a foul to give without free throws. Am I right? Maybe I’m missing something.
                  You’re both trying to get to the same score. You want more possessions than the other team to try and get to that score. I don’t see how calling timeout while you have possession isn’t the optimal Elam play.

This is assuming Elam doesn’t change possession by jump ball or lower score getting the ball, which would make sense but I’m unsure of the actual rule.

Comment

• shoxlax
                    shoxlax commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think it was a momentum thing, we were rolling and didn’t want to call a TO but normally I would say your strategy is right on the money.

• How fun!!!! Awesome!!! Way to go SHOCKERS!!!! And Cle...next time just jump over the guy and flush it down his throat!!!! Elbows suck. Lol
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Now That was great fun. C. Hannah became Shaq's best buddy with those awesome passes,and played solid D. on their star. Shaq finished strong! Frankamp lit up the scoreboard like a Christmas tree. Great to see all our former Shocks out playing at 21st and Hillside again!!! What Great Shocker Fans that were louder than this Tourney may have ever witnessed?
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Where’s the post game call-in show?

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Asking on behalf of Ron or Dennis?

• OregonShocker
                        OregonShocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Need to ask if they can talk to HCGM about free throws...

• shockrah
                        shockrah commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'll hang up and listen.

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      How fun!!!! Awesome!!! Way to go SHOCKERS!!!! And Cle...next time just jump over the guy and flush it down his throat!!!! Elbows suck. Lol
                      Yeah I am really disappointed. Cle has so much talent. Just play and have fun! Shut your mouth and be a leader!

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                        Where’s the post game call-in show?
                        Golden Oldies 108.4

Comment

• Defensive effort picked up at the end. Shaq can be a good defender when he wants. J.T. and Shaq looked bad on D for most of the game. We do need Murry and Cotton. Both good on defense and offense. We also looked good at the end when we were more unselfish and not hunting shots like we did earlier. Zero or one pass before a shot doesn’t get it done. Nice to win although the talent level for Aftershocks was much higher.

Comment

Working...
                          X