No announcement yet.

The Basketball Tournament - Wichita Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We’re kinda thin at guard now with Toure and Tekele our. ZB may be the starting 2 guard.

Comment

• asiseeit
      asiseeit commented
      Editing a comment
      ZB is not a two guard unless he has improved his outside shot. I predict CF will start at SG and will
      lead this team in scoring along with CE

• So the guards we have left would be Malcolm, Conner, Shannon Shorter, and Zach (without Tekele and Toure)?

Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      Malcolm is not here either. It's really Conner, Clevin and Shannon Shorter, Zach is probably gonna play the 2

• Is it too late to add Demetric Williams. He played well in the scrimmage on the 17th
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Ta Town Shocker
      Ta Town Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Demetric practiced yesterday so I assume he's playing.

• Really nice article on Shaq by Taylor.

Morris is also motivated to play his best in front of Wichita State fans, who created a GoFundMe last week to help raise money to offset the expenses for Morris and his family because Taylor was not covered by insurance. The GoFundMe has raised more than $7,000 in a little more than a week.

“I’m so appreciative of that,” Morris said. “It was incredible to see so many people in this community that wanted to support me and my family. That’s a testament to the kind of people Wichita State fans are. It’s just one big family everywhere you go. I love every single one of them.”

He hopes to repay them with three wins at Koch Arena this week to send the Aftershocks through to the quarterfinals in Chicago.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 25, 2019, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      So the guards we have left would be Malcolm, Conner, Shannon Shorter, and Zach (without Tekele and Toure)?

Is Clevin out? Has it been confirmed Murray and Cotton are both out for sure?

Comment

Comment

• Clev is here and is fine unless something has changed in a day. Looks great, same wonderful personality.

Comment

• https://goshockers.com/news/2019/7/2...y-moments.aspx

Comment

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              A lot of grown up MEN making comments there. It is one of the best things about being the passionate fans most of us are here....these student athletes grow on us, and we take ownership of them in a philosophical type way and we want them to go out in the world and succeed, and it sounds like they are getting to do that and enjoy experiences that will last them a lifetime.

• Windiwu
              Windiwu commented
              Editing a comment
              Some quality young men in that pic... I had to laugh at one thing in the interview Aliyah did with Rashard... It seems his teammates in Russia felt like he practiced TOO hard. <snicker>

• https://goshockers.com/news/2019/7/2...chemistry.aspx

Comment

• I have two tickets for sale for tonight's games.

Behind the home bench, next to the tunnel, row 15.

Inbox me if interested.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I haven't seen this mentioned, but the co-GM of "Self Made" made a GoFundMe to get Self Paid for their tournament expenses.

They've raised $390 of their $10,000 goal.

That should cover a couple of Self Maids.

Comment

• GAME 1: Self Made vs. Sideline Cancer -- 6 p.m. -- ESPN

This will be at least one time in my life, I'll be rooting for "Cancer" for the win.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    Get ready for some "What the hell is going on"... as the "Elam Ending" will be in play during the TBT Tournament.

So, what exactly is the Elam Ending?

"...At the first dead ball after the 4:00 mark of the fourth quarter (or second half), the game clock is shut off and a Target Score is set equal to the leading team's score plus seven points. Then play resumes, without a game clock but still with a shot clock, until one team matches or exceeds the Target Score. So for example, let’s say the Team A was leading Team B 88-78 at the first dead ball under 4:00, the Target Score would be 95. The Team B would still have a chance to come back without fouling, while Team A couldn’t just stall and try to run the clock out; it would still have to score to win.

Elam said the primary aims of the format are to:

-Eliminate/reduce deliberate fouling by the trailing defense

-Eliminate/reduce stalling by the leading offense

-Eliminate/reduce rushed/sloppy possessions by the trailing offense

-Provide greater hope for late comebacks

-Provide more memorable game-ending moments .."
                    Reposting this for convenience.
                    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Clev is here and is fine unless something has changed in a day. Looks great, same wonderful personality.
                      Word on the street is that there was some issue with the paperwork, and the NCAA has somehow managed to suspend him for the first three games of the tournament.

Comment

• WstateU
                        WstateU commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Those were the days my friend...

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post

Word on the street is that there was some issue with the paperwork, and the NCAA has somehow managed to suspend him for the first three games of the tournament.
                      I also heard that the NCAA was quite confused when it got an "anonymous" tip from Lawrence Kansas that the aftershocks are receiving impermissible benefits and a request to have them banned from "postseason" play

Comment

Working...
                      X