Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about the big buy stepping out and knocking down the treys:

https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/s...62854568849408
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 18, 2019, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• It's good Cotton won't be here til next week. Don't need everyone to completely lose confidence in their offensive abilities before then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        It's good Cotton won't be here til next week. Don't need everyone to completely lose confidence in their offensive abilities before then.
        Can we get an impromptu Dunk Competition with Cotton and Dennis while Cotton is in town??

Comment

• Cdizzle
          Cdizzle commented
          Editing a comment
          Too late. Not enough time to rebuild the arena by November.

• still waiting on Cotton, Cle, Malcolm and Shaq. Any others?

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          Wonder if Shaq will be iffy due to his mother passing.

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the funeral service was on Saturday the 20th. I suppose whether or not Shaq palys will boil down to his state of mind and how much he has on his plate taking care of his mother's final affairs. Would love to have him on the team but would totally understand if that doesn't happen this year.

• "TBT 2019 schedule, tip times, TV info, expert picks" - ESPN

Posted: 07/18/19, 7:00am cst

The $2 million TBT has begun. Here's your up-to-date results, info on how to watch and who our experts are picking to win The Basketball Tournament.

We've ranked the teams in the 2019 edition of The Basketball Tournament (TBT). We've identified the top player on each squad. Now it's nearly time to play some basketball -- the tournament tips off Friday afternoon -- but not before our TBT experts (Fran Fraschilla, Seth Greenberg, Dan Dakich and Paul Biancardi) make their picks to reach this event's version of the final four in Chicago on Aug. 4.

Which squads have the best chance at the $2 million prize?...

Wichita/Memphis bracket:

Fran Fraschilla: Self Made (Kansas alumni), No. 3 seed (Wichita Region)
        These former Kansas Jayhawks stars are making their first appearance in the TBT. If they are to get to the "final four," they will have to first win in always tough Koch Arena, home of Wichita State's alumni team, the AfterShocks. Wichita native Perry Ellis leads the way for Self Made. This site is likely to be the most raucous of all eight regionals, as ticket sales have been very brisk.

Seth Greenberg: Self Made (Kansas alumni), No. 3 seed (Wichita Region)
        Perry Ellis ... is he still in school? I guess he isn't, but he's the adult in the room. Tyshawn Taylor and Elijah Johnson are a dynamic backcourt without a doubt, and Travis Releford gives them a big wing who can score. I like the combination of Kevin Young and Landen Lucas, who do all the little things as they did when they were Jayhawks. Darrell Arthur gives them a beast in the frontcourt.

Dan Dakich: Golden Eagles (Marquette alumni), No. 1 seed (Wichita Region)
        The Golden Eagles are led by the grand old man of the TBT, Travis Diener. All Diener does is make game winners. Shot-maker Andrew Rowsey joins a team with the most alumni esprit de corps this side of Boeheim's Army.

Paul Biancardi: Golden Eagles (Marquette alumni), No. 1 seed (Wichita Region)
        I love the addition of big shot-maker Andrew Rowsey, who starred for the Golden Eagles from 2016 to 2018. He might be the best long ball shooter in the TBT. This group has the offense to make it to Chicago in August...."

Comment

• Thought we played yesterday? How did we do? I can't find score anywhere.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Awesome article. To me the best quote by JT Durley. " I can honestly say that our team that year was so close. Everything stayed in the locker room. We won together; we lost together; we got into trouble together. We were a tightnit group. That year really bonded us together.

On the tournament game against Creighton. " We were cheated. Everyone knows we were cheated" In my opinion the shocks got cheated against Louisville and everyone knows we got cheated. Heck Louisville should not have even been in the tounament. Pitino another hall of fame cheater.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                Cdizzle commented
                Editing a comment
                HCGM: "sundial game"

all the lolz.

• My excitement level for the regional is growing daily. I took in some of the games on TV over the weekend.

I'm a little surprised ticket sales aren't higher. I expect Tshirt Chickenhawk fans to arrive in masses for a Saturday matchup against the Aftershocks. I'm already reminiscing about the game in Omaha a few years back which I was fortunate enough to attend.

I wish they were attempting to split up the fans by team as I'll want to vomit if I get stuck by some ignorant KU hacks. If anyone has a couple of extra tickets in a pro WSU area or if you haven't bought yet and plan to soon, please PM me.
              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Man, Toure is looking jacked! Can't wait to see these guys lace em up again.

Comment

• I watched some TBT hoops over the weekend. Lot's of NBA type offensive play...if you have the ball, make a play and shoot it. If we (AfterShocks) play defense like we remember seeing them play under Marshall, we will hoist the trophy. We need Cotton, Brown, Kelly and Murry to show the Marshall defense over the course of the tourney. We have the offensive studs to score. I can't wait for Thursday to come. GO AFTERSHOX!!!

Comment

• Tekele and Cle are in the hizzy.

Comment

• It will be a fascinating case study to see how players like Zach Brown and Rashard Kelly perform on offense, not necessarily from a numbers perspective, but more from a stylistic perspective. My theory has long been that Marshall's system is a little too rigid and that Marshall himself can get under guys' skin and cause them to think a little too much about what they're doing instead of reacting. I'll be interested to follow that. I think Daishon Smith is a great example of that as well.

I think players like ZB and RK will benefit from a more open style, while it may hurt guys who lack lateral quickness, specifically Shaq, Stutz, and Conner.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Cdizzle
                        Cdizzle commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This is an interesting and potentially fair take. However, I would amend that perhaps it hinders individuals but generally benefits the team.

• Starting line up ? I'll go with Stutz, Kelly, Early, CF at the shooting guard and Murry at point with Armstead, TC and SM being the
                      key subs

Comment

• ArtVandalay
                        ArtVandalay commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Assuming Cotton is healthy, he starts.

• WuDrWu
                        WuDrWu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Who's going to tell him that he isn't? Not me...….
                    Working...
                    X