Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cle is off the radar but he’s our best player, IMO

Comment

• I really could care less who they think is the best player. It could be any of them at any given time. I just hope they gel and play angry like they all know how to.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
        I really could care less who they think is the best player. It could be any of them at any given time. I just hope they gel and play angry like they all know how to.
        Totally agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerfan98 View Post
          Interesting column on ESPN.com listing the top player for each team in TBT.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../_/id/27155925
          The column was TERRIBLE... to our Shocker's. DISRESPECTED. PLAY ANGRY!
          Last edited by ShockAzs; July 10, 2019, 11:24 PM. Reason: Typo as usual

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post

The column was TERRIBLE... to our Shocker's. DISRESPECTED. PLAY ANGRY!
            How is it disrespectful? They name one player from each team. I understand some might think Toure isn’t our best player, but I don’t see how the column is disrespectful towards the Shox.

Comment

• Hope it's not true but heard Brown added to replace Cotton, possible injury?

Comment

• WuShock16
                WuShock16 commented
                Editing a comment
                Taylor tweeted a day or two ago that both Zach and Tekele were on the roster.

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Cle is off the radar but he’s our best player, IMO
              Cle obviously had the best college career, but is he the best player on the squad RIGHT NOW? He seems to have had a nomadic pro career...and also took a bullet to his knee a couple years ago.

Generally speaking, we don’t know how guys have developed their skills after college.

Similar to the two years when the Kansas Stars played in the NBC World Series. It might have been natural to think of Chipper Jones as the best player on that squad because he was the HOFer...certainly much better than, say, Adam LaRoche. However, Chipper hadn’t played in 5 years whereas Adam had retired within the last year or two...and left by choice, not because of diminishing skill.
              78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Cle obviously had the best college career, but is he the best player on the squad RIGHT NOW? He seems to have had a nomadic pro career...and also took a bullet to his knee a couple years ago.

Generally speaking, we don’t know how guys have developed their skills after college.

Similar to the two years when the Kansas Stars played in the NBC World Series. It might have been natural to think of Chipper Jones as the best player on that squad because he was the HOFer...certainly much better than, say, Adam LaRoche. However, Chipper hadn’t played in 5 years whereas Adam had retired within the last year or two...and left by choice, not because of diminishing skill.
                Cle is almost certainly the best player right now. Only half a season but Cle just put up STUPID numbers in the 2nd tier league in Japan.

Comment

• Aargh
                  Aargh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Those are stupid numbers 57% FG, 40% 3FG, 29 points, 10 boards, 3.4 assists, 1.6 steals.

Only bad number is 3.9 TO's.

• Signman
                  Signman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would say an 11-48 won lost record would be a bad number. His personal numbers look great but I would like to see more w's. I see that he only played 27 games, wonder what the record was when he played?

• WstateU
                  WstateU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Was he the tallest guy in the league? Just asking for a friend.

• Comment

• When do practices start? Wonder if they'll scrimmage with current players?

Comment

• AfterShocks‏ @wsu_aftershocks 3h3 hours ago

Just days away from tip off in Wichita! We’re planning on SHATTERING @thetournament attendance records. Be a part of the event of the summer in Wichita - Single session and All-Session tickets still available! http://GoShockers.com/tickets

Comment

• RH: AfterShocks Start TBT Practices

The AfterShocks start practice tonight.

Bradley expects eight at Monday's practice with a few more on Tuesday. Cleanthony Early and Tekele Cotton are expected to join the team later this week.

Bradley expects to focus early on skill work, followed by team drills and ending with around 45 minutes of scrimmages. The AfterShocks will practice nine times before the July 25 TBT opener vs. Iowa United (8 p.m. ESPN).

"A good part of our practices will be getting up and down, a lot of five-on-five," he said. "We don't have a lot of time, so the more we play, the better."

As of Monday, 4,209 tickets were sold.

AfterShocks gear is on sale at the Shocker Store.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Get ready for some "What the hell is going on"... as the "Elam Ending" will be in play during the TBT Tournament.

So, what exactly is the Elam Ending?

"...At the first dead ball after the 4:00 mark of the fourth quarter (or second half), the game clock is shut off and a Target Score is set equal to the leading team's score plus seven points. Then play resumes, without a game clock but still with a shot clock, until one team matches or exceeds the Target Score. So for example, let’s say the Team A was leading Team B 88-78 at the first dead ball under 4:00, the Target Score would be 95. The Team B would still have a chance to come back without fouling, while Team A couldn’t just stall and try to run the clock out; it would still have to score to win.

Elam said the primary aims of the format are to:

-Eliminate/reduce deliberate fouling by the trailing defense

-Eliminate/reduce stalling by the leading offense

-Eliminate/reduce rushed/sloppy possessions by the trailing offense

-Provide greater hope for late comebacks

-Provide more memorable game-ending moments .."

Comment

• Windiwu
                            Windiwu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Am I correct that they only play 8 minute quarters? Do you know how fouls are handled?

• WuShock Reaper
                            WuShock Reaper commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Timing – TBT will play four (4) nine (9) minute quarters per game/stopped time with the last portion of the fourth (4th) quarter being un-timed.

Personal Fouls – A player will be disqualified after their 6th personal foul.

Bonus – On the 5th foul of each quarter, all non-shooting fouls will be awarded 2 FT’s.
                        Working...
                        X