The Basketball Tournament - Wichita Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Look like there are 12 guys on the team with 11 WSU alumni. Anyone that knows the overseas game have predictions for the best/starting 5? Cle, Malcolm, Stutz, Cotton, Toure?

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrunner101 View Post
      Look like there are 12 guys on the team with 11 WSU alumni. Anyone that knows the overseas game have predictions for the best/starting 5? Cle, Malcolm, Stutz, Cotton, Toure?
      That’s a pretty salty group!
      Livin the dream

Comment

• First five: Armstead, Cotton, Murry, Early, Stutz
        Second five: Hannah, Frankamp, Kelly, Durley, Morris
        Bench: Shorter
        Livin the dream

Comment

• If these guys can get the chemistry down, the pieces are there.

And by 'get the chemistry down' I mean get the EFF out of Cotton's way.

Comment

• I think you will see Connor starting or playing significant minutes. Just my $.02

Comment

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree, he's been a monster overseas and you have to be able to score in this thing.

• This will be a man's rumble! Especially with the 10,000 plus in da house!!!! Now would somebody please remind me how to watch!!!
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              If I recall correctly, ESPN.

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• If this team has enough "memory" and a sufficient amount of "refresher" time to impose the Shocker Defense, they will win the whole thing. Without the "D", we're just another fun team to watch.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                If this team has enough "memory" and a sufficient amount of "refresher" time to impose the Shocker Defense, they will win the whole thing. Without the "D", we're just another fun team to watch.
                I don't know if you heard, but Tekele Cotton is on the team.

Comment

• All these guys are used to being "the guy" either in college or on their pro teams. It will be strange for some of them to be bench players. I'm most looking forward to seeing how much they've improved since college.

Comment

• Got my tickets this morning. This is going to be a hell of a time!

Go afterShocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      All these guys are used to being "the guy" either in college or on their pro teams. It will be strange for some of them to be bench players. I'm most looking forward to seeing how much they've improved since college.
                      I haven't watched any "overseas" video, but do they play defense or is it more like the regular season NBA? Hope my Shocker favs have not "forgotten"
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Dan
                        Dan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Prob more like the NBA, although the american players are typically the better players on the teams

• Kung Wu
                        Kung Wu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They play defense over there.

• Ticket sales to date for each of the 8 regionals. The Shocks total should continue to grow now that single session tickets are available and if the Shocks can make the championship game the Wichita regional is going to put up some relatively huge numbers.

TST is returning to Cary, North Carolina from June 5 - June 10...this time with two $1 Million brackets!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Ticket sales to date for each of the 8 regionals. The Shocks total should continue to grow now that single session tickets are available and if the Shocks can make the championship game the Wichita regional is going to put up some relatively huge numbers.

https://www.thetournament.com/tickets
                        Amazes me that "basketball crazy" memphis hasn't sold 4k in tickets yet.... This is in the middle of summer with no other major sports going on there.

Comment

• XManCometh
                          XManCometh commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Might want to do some checking on who is playing at that site. Our site has the 3 biggest schools in the state at it with two college basketball powerhouses and a third team with a big, loyal following. Memphis has literal crap at their site. This has more to do with who is playing Wichita that people want to watch. No self respecting Memphis fan is going to want to pay to go see Earl Barron and Adonis Thompson play.

• pie n eye
                          pie n eye commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The Wichita site was outselling others before the announcement was made about where teams were placed.
                      Working...
                      X