Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSUwatcher
    commented on 's reply
    Well, no, ST -- I agree that Cle was a very good player who represented WSU impressively in some big-time games.

But the next guy to have his jersey in the rafters should be Warren Armstrong (Jabali), hands down, and it's too bad that his somewhat tumultuous life has apparently worked against him. Look up his record as a Shocker, and you'll see what I mean.

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    He was a big time player in big time games on the biggest of stages. He has better All American credentials than a couple of Shocks who have their jersey hung and they are better than any other Shocker who has yet to have his jersey hung.

• BostonWu
    replied
    Has Armstead arrived?

Leave a comment:

• Horn28Clem30
    commented on 's reply
    No argument here!

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply

• Shockerman
    replied
    This program hasn't been the same since CLE left. His Jersey should be retired as he is clearly one of the GOAT's. Continue on...

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    commented on 's reply
    It doesn’t help that our regional tickets are 5x higher than any of the other ones where they’re practically giving them away. I assume they figured everybody would just throw over $45 for a KU-WSU basketball meeting and called it good. That’s the problem with this athletic dept. They’re too damn greedy. They’d rather have 5000 people pay $20 for a ticket than 10000 pay $10 for one. Its a cool event and I’m excited for it but add into the fact that it’ll be readily available on national tv, is even more of a reason to bypass a $100 outing give or take outrageous concession pricing and just chill at home and watch for free.

• wichshock65
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    commented on 's reply
    It is a new event and people just may not be that tuned in to it. Remember Shockernet represents a relatively small piece of the Shocker fan base and includes perhaps the most fanatical group of Shocker fans. We only draw about 4,000 to 5,000 for Shocker Madness and that is a free event and those folks are probably the core of Shocker Nation that TBT will appeal to and some of those may not be able to justify the cost. Plus many may stay home and watch what they can on the tube. We'll see what kind of walk-up business this will do.

OTOH, ticket revenue for the Wichita Regional exceeds that of the other 7 regionals combined at this point so it is a little hard to rag on Shocker fans too much. The worst thing that could happen at this point, especially if their is a future for the AfterShocks in the TBT, is for the AfterShocks to make an early exit from the Tournament.

• WuDrWu
    commented on 's reply
    Who's going to tell him that he isn't? Not me...….

• im4wsu
    replied
    Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    It will be a fascinating case study to see how players like Zach Brown and Rashard Kelly perform on offense, not necessarily from a numbers perspective, but more from a stylistic perspective. My theory has long been that Marshall's system is a little too rigid and that Marshall himself can get under guys' skin and cause them to think a little too much about what they're doing instead of reacting. I'll be interested to follow that. I think Daishon Smith is a great example of that as well.

I think players like ZB and RK will benefit from a more open style, while it may hurt guys who lack lateral quickness, specifically Shaq, Stutz, and Conner.
    At one of the practices, RK was extremely versatile and fluid shooting 3's and attacking off the dribble.
    Last edited by im4wsu; July 23, 2019, 10:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• shock-it-to-me
    commented on 's reply
    I don’t understand where Shocker fans are at on this. If there’s 5000 tickets sold, you’d have to expect 1000 to 1500 of those are KU fans. Another few hundred for the K state and all the other teams. So maybe 3500 shocker tickets sold? Is everybody planning on buying them the day of?

• vancedave56
    replied
    Be great to see many Shocker Alumni Basketball Players in attendance even if they do not play. Could be like a big homecoming event. ;)

Leave a comment:

• Rocky Mountain Shock
    commented on 's reply
    She's a keeper
Working...
X