Wooden Award List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden Award List

The first list is the watch list with only one Valley player on it, McDermott, but the second link is Katz saying who to watch out for. He lists Toure along with throwing Weems and Echenique on there, too.

Like him or not, Weems should be on the Wooden list. It's a slap in the face I don't expect him to take lightly.

Comment

Weems = Stud

I'll be very surprised if he doesn't get a shot a the next level.

Actually, I don't care about Weems, I hope Toure and Garrett each get a shot at the next level.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Weems will have a very nice career in Europe.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think Echinique's buildup by Andy Katz must mean that Katz in a sCUm sympathizer.

I was in Caracas recently and was able to watch the Venezuelans on TV and follow them in the papers while I was there. I think that making the case that Echinique improved over the summer based on his play with the team, I suggest that Carl Hall will eat him up.

Echinique did not see ANY action in their defeats (one to Brazil, one to Costa Rica (I think) and one to the Dominican Republic (or Puerto Rico - another one I'm not sure about). They did play Brazil fairly closely, but were blew out in the other two games.

There was one game where Echinique had a good stat line, in a game the Venezuelans won in a blowout. The Venezuelans won two games overall. One game Echinique was not a factor and one he was specifically called out by the coach as getting better.

I would dare say that the version of the Brazilian National Team that Carl Hall faces could not have been much better than what Echinique was playing against.

I will say this, though, Venezuelan's national team is considered as a potential team on the rise in Latin America, so I'm sure that Echinique will be a force against most teams.
          The Republicans ... are having a hard time getting their members to act as a unit instead of like a bunch of six-year-olds playing anarchist soccer; three teams, two goals, you decide.

RACHEL MADDOW, The Rachel Maddow Show, Feb. 16, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
            Weems will have a very nice career in Europe.
            I think Weems has a 50/50 chance at the NBA

A 6'5" player who can play the 2 and play inside.

He is a better athlete than Adrian Griffin, who had a nice NBA career.

Comment

I don't think Weems could play the 2 in the NBA.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                I don't think Weems could play the 2 in the NBA.
                Or the 3.

Weems is a definite tweener by NBA standards.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

TM making the list means that someone is paying attention.There aren't many big guards with that skill set left in college basketball.His versatility offensively along with his ability to shut down big and small players is building quite a resume.You don't realize it until it's over but he opened last season guarding Kemba Walker and ended it guarding Clay Thompson,that's 2 1st rd draft picks with different sizes and abilities,and in between he guarded Norris Cole,Andrew Goudlock,and Malcolm Delaney all future millionaires.

Comment

I just do not want to see Toure hang his head like he did mid to late season last year. C'mon, Toure, this is your last go-round.. this year should be all gravy, my man.

Comment

If Weems gets a shot at the NBA I think he could make it. It's just getting that chance. He's a gamer. As good as he is on paper, he's better in a game situation. A pretty big slap in the face to Weems that he wasn't mentioned, and he was PoY last year.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker
                        I just do not want to see Toure hang his head like he did mid to late season last year. C'mon, Toure, this is your last go-round.. this year should be all gravy, my man.
                        He won't. This year he won't be expected to master yet a new position.

I got a feelin' this is going to be a HUGE year for Toure'.

And Garrett.

And Ben.

And Rags.

And Kyles.

Holy crap. This ... gun ... is ... loaded!!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shocker heights
                          Echinique did not see ANY action in their defeats (one to Brazil, one to Costa Rica (I think) and one to the Dominican Republic (or Puerto Rico - another one I'm not sure about). They did play Brazil fairly closely, but were blew out in the other two games.
                          I've been informed that Echinique did play against both and had pretty good numbers. 12 and 7 in each. I'll see if I can find a link to actual info, but as we know, things are different down there and not always the easiest to find.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Toure is going to be beast this year.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_
                              If Weems gets a shot at the NBA I think he could make it. It's just getting that chance. He's a gamer. As good as he is on paper, he's better in a game situation. A pretty big slap in the face to Weems that he wasn't mentioned, and he was PoY last year.
                              All the guys mentioned on both list will get an invite to a NBA workout.But the slap in the face is you guys talking about Weems on shockernet like your guy on the list don't matter and your guy have more NBA upside.

Comment

Working...
                              X