No announcement yet.

Wichita State @ South Florida Pre-Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The keys to this game for the Shox are to focus on getting the ball inside on every possession and either making strong moves to the basket or forcing the refs to make calls, getting after it on the offensive glass (and rebounding in general), and staying out of foul trouble (stating the obvious here). I want to see something other than dribbling around the perimeter and jacking up shots. This team cannot win doing that. I believe this is a very winnable game.

Comment

I see the shoe playing more than usual zone tonight, try and take away USF driving the ball. Agreed we need to find our inside game again.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

The AAC, like the "Power 6," does not accept bids to the CIT or CBI.
        Is that a conference mandate or just that the schools have individually decided not to participate? If it's a conference mandate, it sort of sucks. Sometimes that extra tournament can help give necessary experience to a young team for the following season. I do get the "pride" thing, and there is a time to decline, but not always.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Last March the Dallas News reported that SMU would not accept an invitation to either the CIT or the CBI. Not sure how that squares with the AAC not allowing teams to participate in these events Sounds like SMU could have participated if invited. Maybe this is a new AAC rule this year?

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          Tulsa also declined last year. Again, not sure if conference rule, or just school decision.

They draw a lot of fouls, and we foul a lot. If we shoot the lights out, we have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Is that a conference mandate or just that the schools have individually decided not to participate? If it's a conference mandate, it sort of sucks. Sometimes that extra tournament can help give necessary experience to a young team for the following season. I do get the "pride" thing, and there is a time to decline, but not always.
        Can’t find anything on a conference mandate. No league team has ever participated in the CBI or CIT since the league formed in 2013, though.

Comment

Lets go Shox!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Agree...for a program like Tulane, if they got a CIT invite, the should be able to go.

Comment

Working...
            X