Wichita State @ South Florida Pre-Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

This game isn't going to be close. You could tell the guys and the coaching staff were fired up after the BS end of the Cinci game.

WSU 82
      USF 60

Comment

• 1979Shocker
        1979Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        For that to happen, DD and JE both need to stay out of foul trouble, MM needs to continue to play the way he has, AM needs to continue his good play, and SHJ needs to shoot better.

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        I am not concerned about MM, SHJ or AM living up to their ends of this deal

• flatlander
        flatlander commented
        Editing a comment
        Unless we have the officiating crew of Pat Adams, Marques Pettigrew and Olandis Poole are on the floor.

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
      This game isn't going to be close. You could tell the guys and the coaching staff were fired up after the BS end of the Cinci game.

WSU 82
      USF 60
      Love your optimism.....think it's admirable, but misplaced...USF is good AND we are on the road....
      USF 67
      SHOCKERS 65

Comment

Have not tasted crow in my last few picks. After two big emotional games at home my senses tell
        me that it will be harder to get up for this one. Can MM stay hot? Can AM play well on the road?
        Can JE be a force again? Can we take care of the ball well enough ? A good test that should help us
        improve in the long run but I think we lose tonight about 68-61 but hoping for that tasty crow again.

Comment

I've noticed a steep decline the past few games in the effectiveness of my 2018 WSU Basketball drinking game. I've gone from being absolutely blasted at the buzzer to being mildly buzzed.

Tonight, I think the trend continues. Because it's a road game, I might have a few more silly eyeroll inducing travel calls resulting in a quick sip, or an atomic bomb turnover forcing me to chug one of my frosty Shock Tops. But I predict we squeak out a road win, and once again I am (thankfully) deprived of a rough morning after.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Another interesting test for the young Shockers. Can we get the first road win of the year? I dunno, but I look forward to finding out.

Our defense looks better but we can’t turn the ball iner five possessions in a row or afford 300 fouls.

Comment

On the road, against the league's most improved team that has the highest rebounding margin and goes to the line more than any team in our league. Doesn't seem to be a great match up for us on paper. Our guys are improving too though so I'm hopeful that it will be great ball game tonight. It'll be a challenge to keep Jamie out of foul trouble with the way they attack the paint so I imagine we'll need some big minutes for Poor Bear and Asbjorn.

Comment

maybe we win and the winning streak begins and we never lose again.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                On the road, against the league's most improved team that has the highest rebounding margin and goes to the line more than any team in our league. Doesn't seem to be a great match up for us on paper. Our guys are improving too though so I'm hopeful that it will be great ball game tonight. It'll be a challenge to keep Jamie out of foul trouble with the way they attack the paint so I imagine we'll need some big minutes for Poor Bear and Asbjorn.
                The key phrase in this take is "highest rebounding margin." If ever there was challenge to get GGG fired up, it's "this group thinks they're going to out rebound the Shocks!" Hopefully that's all the team need to hear.

Comment

• Walker
                  Walker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Exactly. That and the whole Cincy screw job should have 3G and these full of pissed off with a chip on their shoulders. Should be fun.

WSU screwed by the referees and takes the Loss...
                77-68

Comment

USF has shot more FTs than any team in the country .... that's not a good match up for us

Comment

• pie n eye
                    pie n eye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    At this point I’m going to spin it and say it’s a good match up for us because we need to work on not fouling. What better way than against the number one foul drawing team in the country?

I don’t know... I’m looking at the schedule and I think we finish above .500 and maybe get some postseason in one of those hot garbage tournaments and end up with 20 wins

Comment

Might even face a couple of the top mvc teams in the CIT or CBI and collect some W’s

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                        Might even face a couple of the top mvc teams in the CIT or CBI and collect some W’s
                        The AAC, like the "Power 6," does not accept bids to the CIT or CBI.

Comment

• pie n eye
                          pie n eye commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Really? Did not know that. Thought it was up to the individual schools.
                      Working...
                      X