Wichita State vs Cincinnati Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Two of the refs in this game were on the crew that ejected Haith and Hurley a couple days ago.
    what? they weren't given a bit of time off?

Comment

• Aargh
      Aargh commented
      Editing a comment
      the AAC office said there would be no disciplinary action taken against them for the dual ejections in UConn vs. Tulsa, but that the matter would be handled administratively.

• So in other words we got the same refs and they did the same thing they did last game all over again.

Comment

• When Jaime picked up his second foul on a horrible call—played great defense and gave ground straight up like you are supposed to, I told my wife “these guys are horrible and Coach will probably get tossed”. That foul set the tone and we were in for a long day.

If there is a good thing about 3G’s T is that our players, (if they were having doubts), now know that despite being yelled at, picked on during film sessions and sternly lectures on the sideline, that he has and always will have their back in the heat of battle. Even though it was a pre season Canadian tour, when he went off in the game there, IMHO, several of the players saw a side of him that showed he had their best interests at heart. We ended up having a far better season than I anticipated.

Obviously none of this was intended to get enduring results but it may help us in the long run.

Comment

• proshox
        proshox commented
        Editing a comment
        The second call was a foul. The viewing angles could cover up certain fouls, but he clearly fouled.

• shoxlax
        shoxlax commented
        Editing a comment
        I watched the replay four times. Textbook defense. Should have been a no call especially in the context of that game. The ref didn’t watch the entire defensive area like he’s instructed to in his manuals, that is assuming he can read.
        Last edited by shoxlax; January 21, 2019, 11:47 AM.

• Asshole is too strong. Douchey is better.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• pinstripers
        pinstripers commented
        Editing a comment
        not too strong

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
      So in other words we got the same refs and they did the same thing they did last game all over again.
      So in other words, the conference office is lip service and full of ****.

I'm getting really tired of these officiating crews and the total lack of accountability.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 1. Coach shoulda been teed up early in the game.
        2. AM might turn out to be serviceable
        3. AM gets position a lot, doesn't get the ball much. Wonder why?
        4. We never adjusted, never went zone until it was too late
        5. We need some of those....plays
        6. Oddly, I found myself liking RB's shoes
        7. Crowd was really good, I thought
        8. We got hosed by the zebras, Coach prolly pist them off
        9. Our dance team is really good
        10. better keep shaving

Comment

• With the probable exception of the Cincy roadie, there isn’t a game left on the regular season schedule that the Shockers can’t win. The five teams played so far are the 5 teams with one loss in conference. Three of those don’t play us again. It is certainly possible to do some damage in the next 6 weeks as the schedule softens a bit.

That said, there also aren’t many (if any) games that the Shockers definitely won’t lose...so the guys still have to show up each and every game, taking nothing for granted.
          78-65

Comment

• As to pinstripes post:
            1. Agree
            3. Agree
            6. Oh my goodness yes!!!!

Comment

• AM will be more than serviceable. I now know why Shaq consistently was so high on AM.

Also, I am surprised I haven't seen any comments about his post-UCF game remarks. It doesn't get much better than this:
              “You just have to,” Midtgaard said. “When you’re on a team, you owe it to the guys to keep going. You have to keep practicing, keep going hard, keeping giving your 100 percent. Otherwise, it’s just disrespectful to the whole program.

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy
              Last edited by Kung Wu; January 20, 2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                3. AM gets position a lot, doesn't get the ball much. Wonder why?
                We are not good feeding any of our post guys. It is a weakness.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• All our perimeter players struggle seeing opportunities to feed the post. Major issue IMO.

Comment

• AndShock
                    AndShock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Erik Stevenson is the only one that does a decent job, imo.

• ShockerFever
                    ShockerFever commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Absolutely agree AndShock.

I wonder how often the coaches talk about feeding the post. You'd think if they were telling them, they'd be doing it.. or else..

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Burton is doing what he can, but he looks left and he looks right. He never looks to feed the post or make anything else happen other than to find Samaje or Dennis.

• ES has moxy. I dig it. HCGM shows he’ll go the mat for his players. I dig that too. Agree with Shoxlax.... it will pay dividends. Go Shox. Play angry and kick some ass. Seth Davis is a mook.

Comment

• pie n eye
                    pie n eye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have to agree 100% about Seth Davis. He must’ve said something after the game?

• Food for thought: Adams and Poole were two of the zebras at the Temple loss as well where we could not get a whistle down the stretch as well.

Comment

• Replay is up on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n98Kx-7rfeQ

At the 1:16:30 mark they run a quick replay of the foul and a little of what followed. ES did NOT approach Cumberland, but Cumberland did walk up to him and around.

At the 1:18:36 mark you can watch the "charge" call. The Cincinnati player was set at about 2 feet beyond the FT stripe, but contact was not made until that player move about 4 feet further as Burton was driving.

Comment

• Did one of those officials go work the Saints/Rams game?
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                      X