X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

Unbelievable. They posted the story below at 12:29 a.m. with Chris Arnold's byline -- but it's just a reprint of the WSU Athletics Release about the game. Great journalizing, there, Chris!

The Wichita State University men's basketball team went on a 10-3 run over the final two minutes of the game to secure a 75-67 win over the UCF Knights late Wednesday evening, Jan. 16, at Char…

They are several miles away from the game. What could they have done?

Leave a comment:

• washedup
    replied
    Friend of mine works there. Said there was some people in the newsroom pretty perplexed and upset by the decision.
    Last edited by washedup; January 17, 2019, 05:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Paul Suellentrop's take:

RH: Shockers on Point to Upset Knights

The Shockers started 0-3 in the American Athletic Conference largely because of iffy play at point guard and a lack of help for seniors Markis McDuffie and Samajae Haynes-Jones.

On Wednesday, Wichita State solved those issues to defeat Central Florida 75-67 at Koch Arena to stop a four-game losing streak. The Shockers (8-8, 1-3 AAC) carved up a proud and experienced defensive team with good passing, sharp movement and good shots.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, JB carries the ball a lot on turns. No idea why it's not whistled.

• Wuzee
    replied
    Originally posted by washedup View Post
    As someone who keeps a close watch on local media, was amazed to see KSN not attend or cover last night's game. What the he'll?
    Unbelievable. They posted the story below at 12:29 a.m. with Chris Arnold's byline -- but it's just a reprint of the WSU Athletics Release about the game. Great journalizing, there, Chris!

The Wichita State University men's basketball team went on a 10-3 run over the final two minutes of the game to secure a 75-67 win over the UCF Knights late Wednesday evening, Jan. 16, at Char…

Leave a comment:

• BOBB
    commented on 's reply
    Walker I don't consider Joerg a troll. More of a benign sock puppet.

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply
    Probably in Norman.

• TheShocktocles
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    I was especially happy for the way Burton played. I’ve been really critical of him this year with his ball handling, decision making, slow movement of the offense, bad shooting, etc. Last night he proved that there is a real point guard in that big body. This is a huge revelation because it’s our biggest concern going into next season. If we can lean on Jamarius to be the mentor PG to the new guys, it might give us an opportunity to redshirt the ultra thin Fernandez. I hope he continues to grow in this role from here, it was awesome to see.
    First I agree with your assessment on JB. But you and I have talked about this issue on Fernandez before. I hear your concerns about the size of Fernandez, but I think he will be ok. He is a true point guard and I think we will need him to learn playing next year.

He has been told all his life that he is too small. The kid has got some mojo that you can't teach. I went back and read the articles on him. He has been working with a trainer for years. I was impressed when they said he was doing 15 squats at 275 pounds. Whether JB or RT is grooming this kid next year let him play. In my opinion he can only get better.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    commented on 's reply
    I've had DirectTV now for a couple of years. Got in on an early introductory offer which game me their first 2 tiers of programming for the normal price of the 1st tier. Locked in at $35 a month as long as I don't cancel my subscription which I can do at any time.

Between that and our free Digital TV Antenna programs plus a NetFlix account and we get all the entertainment we want. You get a lot of Classic TV and syndication on the free digital antenna progamming. Stuff like Maverick, Have Gun Will Travel, The Rifelman, Bonanza, a lot of old movies. We actually watch it quite a bit. My wife in particular seems to like the older stuff. Have gotten the value our $80 one-time investment (cost of the antenna) back many times over.

• washedup
    replied
    As someone who keeps a close watch on local media, was amazed to see KSN not attend or cover last night's game. What the he'll?

Leave a comment:

• Shocktoberfest
    commented on 's reply
    Direct TV Now is pretty dope, too. For the record. But yes. Diggin not having the cable. I have all of the games this year saved on the direct tv now library. It's really pretty sweet. And much cheaper than cable.

You're welcome Direct TV Now marketing.

• rjl
    replied
    Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    I SURE WISH these CBSSports games we REPLAYED somewhere to rewatch!!!!!
    Do yourself a favor and cut your cable and get Youtube TV. You can record the games on there to watch anytime.

Leave a comment:

• 1979Shocker
    replied
    Johnny Dawkins said MM is an NBA player and one of the best players they've played all year.

Leave a comment:

• Ixiah
    replied
    Highlights

Leave a comment:

• AZ Shocker
    replied
    I SURE WISH these CBSSports games we REPLAYED somewhere to rewatch!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X