• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WstateU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FadedCrown
    replied
    R. Torres needs to find his shot, this offense needs it.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Seems like decision-making is a big problem, and out two Seniors are the worst at this.

Leave a comment:

• ShockCrazy
    replied
    To emphasize how freaking young we are, and the "lack of talent" comments. In the Marshall era there have been THREE, count em, THREE players who played more than 20 MPG in their freshman years, and all 3 have a bit of asterisks, two were redshirt freshmen who probably could/would have played his true freshman year, and the other was in another cupboard is bare situation. Those players are Toure Murry, Landry Shamet, and Ron Baker. Know what else they have in common? They were all NBA players, that should tell you how damn good you have to be, typically, to play THAT much as a freshman. This year, WE HAVE 3 ALONE. Stevenson, Dennis and Burton are all over 20 MPG.

So lets get a bit of a grip on not talented enough, Dex and Erik are amongst the best rebounders we've had for ANY freshman let alone guards/wing. Players who cracked the rotation as freshman and had an A:TO ratio over 1: Tekele, Ron, Fred, Landry, Austin, and oh Erik. Other than Fred and Landry, Dex is probably the next best 3 point shooter we've had in their freshman year. Jamarius has a solid 20.9 assist rate right around where Toure was his freshman year. Udeze has THE highest FG% of any rotation freshman even among offensively skilled big men like Durley, Shaq and Stutz. There is a lot of potential on this roster, the problem is if one player is out of sync, which is bound to happen with all the newcomers, it throws the whole team off because we don't have enough veteran's to pick up the slack. We'll get there, it just takes time.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    commented on 's reply
    It's also not a good idea to treat your best media ally poorly during a frustrating year. I'm in Marshall's corner when he rebukes a rude or opportunistic "journalist", but he should allow Taylor a question or two outside the media room given the lateness of the game relative to his deadline.

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    https://twitter.com/mgiannotto/statu...800335874?s=21

Here is the guys tweet regarding Marshall skipping out early on Taylor. This one isn’t that bad compared to all of his other ones during the game. He acts like a two year old.
    Memphis media is the worst. They do nothing but post random things that stir the pot. Rarely with any fact checking beside checking with someone brothers uncles cousins daughter who overheard someone on the bus.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    My goodness, that is good.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    commented on 's reply
    I don’t even have a problem with Taylor so much as this guy baiting the entire issue. Again it’s tbe other tweets that we sub human.

• jdshock
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    https://twitter.com/mgiannotto/statu...800335874?s=21

Here is the guys tweet regarding Marshall skipping out early on Taylor. This one isn’t that bad compared to all of his other ones during the game. He acts like a two year old.
    Taylor also chimed in:

I've been a big fan of Taylor's articles, but I think it's probably unwise to complain about lack of access to HCGM. It could be made a whole lot worse pretty easily.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Slalomshocker
    replied
    Quality bigs are hard to find, and this team has 2 Freshmen that look promising and appear able to contribute this year. Add in Jaime and I'm very impressed with all 3 new bigs. If coach will adjust to the fact that post play is this teams strength and tailor the offense to run through the post like he did with Stutz, it would likely help take some pressure off the guards. The offense WSU runs dictates a lot of play on the perimeter, and this year, it just happens to be this team's weakness.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    We got out-athleted, which is no surprise. Not a whole lot of coaching going on from either bench. I'll see everybody Sunday, but I don't think it will be a sellout.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    commented on 's reply
    Yep. He has to make an impact on offense and defense. He does just enough but definitely not the level of PG WSU is used to. Our PG should be the leader and most important player on the floor, Ricky is a 2nd string caliber guy.

• Shocktoberfest
    replied
    I agree with the IPBC analysis up top. Move the dude to the 4. He is quick enough and certainly has range. Gotta give him more time. I am very pleasantly surprised by his potential and progress to this point.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    commented on 's reply
    That would be nice.
Working...
X