No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Memphis Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure how to feel about that game. Love their fight but they are so schizophrenic in their play. One minute wow, the next wt@#$#
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Dexter's problem is his handles. Right after his dunk he goes down and loses the ball in traffic. He is a project - an athletic beast - but still a project. He needs to spend all his time doing tight dribbling drills. He's got to have great handles to make it to the next level.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• proshox
        proshox commented
        Editing a comment
        He needs handles to be competent at this level... absolutely zero ability to create offense thus far.

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
      Would like to see more Midgaard just for the Hell of it.
      I would like to see Midgaard playing for someone else next year.

Comment

• N Crestway
        N Crestway commented
        Editing a comment
        He probably will be.

• If we literally keep Davenport in check... We win this game... He's their best player in my opinion...

Comment

• TheShocktocles
        TheShocktocles commented
        Editing a comment
        It seem nobody could guard him and that is sad. Drove to the basket all night long.

• Honestly, I saw some improvement. Definitely had some fight. Too many bonehead plays to overcome in the end.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• There is a lot to like about the 3 bigs. 2 are freshman and 1 was out, but that’s a nice group right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          At some point, this has to piss off the competitive individual, right? DD showed some life, but I dunno. We were in this game. Had several chances to make winning plays, and didnt.

The free throw disparity pisses me off a little bit. Deciding factor, right there.
          Thats what happens when guards can’t guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
            If we literally keep Davenport in check... We win this game... He's their best player in my opinion...
            Good players are good players and sometimes it's hard to limit good talent.

However, cutting our turnovers in half and reduce our absolutely hopeless shots by 75% and yes, I would've liked our chances. Even despite the free throw disparity.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The two lost loose balls at the end were killer. The one where SHJ was on the ground for some reason preventing someone else from grabbing the ball headed to the Memphis bench and the one SHJ couldn't grab at half court

Comment

• This team is not very good, from the coaching all the way down the list. In the bonus at 15min mark....no FTs until under 5min. Thats on players for having no awareness and on coaching for not forcing the issue. As was already said, this team cant shoot, by dang if we dont keep running high ball screens and play perimeter ball a lot. Last point, how about a timeout at the end of the first half to try and slow the run? Unless i missed it we didnt use the use it or lose it?

"We have to get AAC level athletes"..... we were blown by a lot tonight, out muscled a lot too. And by freshman.
                -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Time to bring the seniors off the bench and start developing scorers amongst the youngsters. Put it on their shoulders. Big boy pants time.

Comment

• Slalomshocker
                    Slalomshocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When MM decides to quit taking off balance 1 on 3 shots he can have his starting gig back. Or when he drops the attitude and doesnt quit on his teammates with 4+ left to go. He had as much to do with Burton's turnover as Jamarious did. That sequence pissed me off.

• We had our share of stupid mistakes and definitely did our share of fouling... but 31-6? I haven’t read through this thread yet, and hate to be the guy who brings it up if it hasn’t been already... but that’s a hell of a FT disparity. Memphis made 19 more FTs than we attempted. I’m not gonna sit and ***** about the officiating, but that is definitely interesting.

A look on the brighter side... it was nice seeing Poor Bear and Dennis provide some on the offensive end. Good to see Ech on the court and contributing. He’s just a straight up dude. He takes more charges than I’ve seen a big man take maybe ever. This will be a frustrating season, but we will be in for a really good time when everything starts clicking.

The future’s so bright... I’ll stop myself before I violate anyone’s trademark rights.

Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    The two lost loose balls at the end were killer. The one where SHJ was on the ground for some reason preventing someone else from grabbing the ball headed to the Memphis bench and the one SHJ couldn't grab at half court
                    SHJ is literally just a shooter. That's the only thing that relates to basketball for him. That's typically the only skill JUCO players have. They shoot the basketball. When you can shoot it well and under control, it masks the other shortcomings. Unfortunately with him, he literally can only shoot. And shoot it not that well.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• IndianaShocker
                      IndianaShocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Any negative play by SHJ you label "JUCO". I didn't witness SHJ play prior to his time in junior college, but would be stunned if hasn't always made questionable decisions on the court. His frequent boneheaded play is likely a product of a low BBIQ, not a style of play he learned in junior college.

• FadedCrown
                      FadedCrown commented
                      Editing a comment
                      IndianaShocker His low BBIQ is probably the reason why he was JUCO in the first place.

• IndianaShocker
                      IndianaShocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      FadedCrown likely not. Low IQ maybe. Lack of effort in the classroom maybe. Someone takes him out of high school if he would've been a qualifier.

• We are just really bad, and honestly I see little hope for the near future (next couple of years). A lot of non D1 talent out there, no player development and really poor coaching. It is sad to see how far we have fallen. I knew this was going to be a tough season but I never expected to see a Smithson-like team.

We need at least three more guys to transfer out to get our roster on a solid foundation.

Comment

• Keep the good parts of the team... Keep the players who are ok with less playing time... Bring in fresh players who coach thinks he can develop. Hopefully some become stars. Fingers crossed. This season is not for people with heart conditions. Saddle up

Comment

• IndianaShocker
                        IndianaShocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If we are going to bring in players who require development, it's going to be a long next 3-4 years in this so-so conference.
                    Working...
                    X