No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Memphis Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And yes, I have noticed MK’s “tone” before as well...and not liked it. I admit that there is probably nobody on earth who knows more about Shocker basketball and its history than MK. But sometimes I really wish we had an alternative voice.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
      Ya'll are crazy. You do realize that not only is Markis our leading scorer, he's our most efficient player this season? Or how about the fact he also has the lowest t/o rate? Stop focusing on the bad with certain players cause you don't like them, it leads to confirmation bias. But yes let's bench our best player who has a chance to make the league(yes he's on the boards) that should really resonate well with recruits.
      He's having a great game, Mike K.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 'time for marshall to rally the troops to show some pride. **** the scoreboard, **** the memphis hicks, just show some pride.

Comment

• So is this just youth? Talent? Coaching? All the above?

Comment

• The seniors play in this game is just effing horrible. WTF I knew this was going to be bad when McDuffie open the game with a dumb off balance shot. Every game there is 5 minutes of dumb play by the shockers. It is that 5 minutes where they fall apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
              I don’t know how far back in time you have to find a Shocker team this poor. Maybe pre-MT...

I think our Kenpom efficiency metrics are about to crash to the bottom half of the NCAA’s.
              When was the last time a Shocker team had 11 newcomers and 8 freshmen in a season?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• N Crestway
                N Crestway commented
                Editing a comment
                With no real senior leadership...

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
              Ya'll are crazy. You do realize that not only is Markis our leading scorer, he's our most efficient player this season? Or how about the fact he also has the lowest t/o rate? Stop focusing on the bad with certain players cause you don't like them, it leads to confirmation bias. But yes let's bench our best player who has a chance to make the league(yes he's on the boards) that should really resonate well with recruits.
              And he’s a SENIOR who isn’t leading or playing like a SENIOR (yes, he was overhyped as well). I don’t think there is anyone here who “doesn’t like” MM...that’s ridiculous. We’d all like to Love him if he would realize his potential and be the senior leader that he is supposed to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                'time for marshall to rally the troops to show some pride. **** the scoreboard, **** the hicks, just show some pride.
                I hope 3.5M ggg can get the train back on the rails in the second half.

Comment

• We have zero leadership on this team, the seniors we have are really nothing more than complimentary players. Nobody you can depend on. We have no point guard and little inside game. All we do is foul and miss 3 pointers.

Comment

• We have a much better chance to win games like this without our seniors. MM is honestly reaching an SHJ level of play and basketball IQ.

Oh and Memphis isn’t good, we just suck and by the way we are trying to break a press, I question our coaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                      The seniors play in this game is just effing horrible. WTF I knew this was going to be bad when McDuffie open the game with a dumb off balance shot. Every game there is 5 minutes of dumb play by the shockers. It is that 5 minutes where they fall apart.
                      That's the thing. The seniors continually have worse stretches and decision-making than any freshmen out there. But yet there they are gobbling up all the minutes. Loyalty is a nice asset to have but it is also one of Marshall's worst flaws. They literally have free reign to do whatever the **** they want out there because they know Marshall won't pull them.

And you see the results.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                        We have zero leadership on this team, the seniors we have are really nothing more than complimentary players. Nobody you can depend on. We have no point guard and little inside game. All we do is foul and miss 3 pointers.
                        Other than that, we are doing pretty good, eh.

Comment

• I said quite a few games ago that our guards would be over matched in the AAC and that we needed
                          to go bigger. I believe it even more now. Our early shot selection thew first six minutes was just horrible
                          and it started with MM's first shot. The foul situation has hurt us also.

Comment

• How many minutes did we go at the end up the half without attempting a 2 point shot?

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                              Maybe Marshall should scream at somebody other than Midtgaard on the sidelines.
                              Maybe he should have put him in to protect the one guy shooting the ball well from getting his 3rd foul.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                              X